Author Topic: Heritage School RTC in Provo, Utah  (Read 16378 times)

Offline Che Gookin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Heritage School RTC in Provo, Utah
« Reply #15 on: January 12, 2008, 04:19:35 AM »
The analogy actually works better when reversed. Take the same goat herder, but him in a minimum security prison.. transfer him to Gitmo and blammo..

Instant longing for the previous minimum security prison.

Laylo.. investigate all your options before you make any further decisions. Look beyond the convention and think about things like home schooling and such.

Seriously..

You really.. really... really can't ever trust your kids in the care of a third party no matter what hot air they blow up your skirt.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Re: Heritage School RTC in Provo, Utah
« Reply #16 on: February 04, 2008, 07:01:20 PM »
I have not read this whole thread, but I can say that while I was a "student" at Provo Canyon School (also in Utah), we were aware that we had heard of Heritage School; that it was cake compared to PCS.  We also heard that the kids at Heritage were threatened to be sent to Provo Canyon School if they didn't shape up.

Offline Nihilanthic

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 04, 2008, 08:27:10 PM »
Better than bad isn't necessarily good.

Better than bad isn't necessarily "good enough" for that matter.

Why is a placement considered, what is the problem, and how is a program supposed to fix this supposed problem anyway?

Sorry to contradict a parent (but not a professional by any means) but, well, how is sending someone off to be held away from all their familiarity, the outside world in its entirety for that matter, and forced to "open up" to a programs' idea of "therapy" going to magically fix depression and anxiety?

Showing anger is not a problem, and neither is failing in school - not something that warrants a program by any means. Why have you not simply offered therapy?
DannyB on the internet:I CALLED A LAWYER TODAY TO SEE IF I COULD SUE YOUR ASSES FOR DOING THIS BUT THAT WAS NOT POSSIBLE.

CCMGirl on program restraints: "DON\'T TAZ ME BRO!!!!!"

TheWho on program survivors: "From where I sit I see all the anit-program[sic] people doing all the complaining and crying."

Offline CCM girl 1989

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 13, 2008, 02:02:18 PM »
Quote from: "bandit78"
I have not read this whole thread, but I can say that while I was a "student" at Provo Canyon School (also in Utah), we were aware that we had heard of Heritage School; that it was cake compared to PCS.  We also heard that the kids at Heritage were threatened to be sent to Provo Canyon School if they didn't shape up.

Provo Canyon was 2 minutes down the street from Heritage. We knew Provo Canyon to be 10 x as strict as Heritage. We knew that Provo Canyon could be a possibility if we did not follow the rules at Heritage. I never knew of anyone being sent to Provo Canyon from Heritage.
f you were never in a program, or a parent of a child in a program, then you have no business posting here.