Author Topic: If That's a Fact, Am I Lying?  (Read 963 times)

Offline ajax13

• View Profile
If That's a Fact, Am I Lying?
« on: February 13, 2008, 10:21:17 PM »
"SACRED SCIENCE
The totalist milieu maintains an aura of sacredness around its basic doctrine or ideology, holding it as an ultimate moral vision for the ordering of human existence
Questioning or criticizing those basic assumptions is prohibited
A reverence is demanded for the ideology/doctrine, the originators of the ideology/doctrine, the present bearers of the ideology/doctrine
Offers considerable security to young people because it greatly simplifies the world and answers a contemporary need to combine a sacred set of dogmatic principles with a claim to a science embodying the truth about human behavior and human psychology"

One of the principles that All About Receiving Cash has operated under since it's inception is the notion that they are entitled to hold certain clients against their will.  Here is DavidPablo's take on this while he works as a Peer Counselor: "If a client was under 16, the parent could hand over guardianship to AARC..."
This is a bare-faced lie.  I am quite sure that Mr. Escobar-Grant, with his minimal education, was not aware of the laws pertaining to unlawful confinement, and simply repeated the lie as it was told to him.
  The practise of holding children against their will and keeping them in the same program with grown adults like Mr. Escobar-Grant, who have committed themselves, is a vivid example of the complete lack of therapeutic merit in AARC.  And it comes from here: "My cause in life isn't changing the laws about the commitment system," explains Newton, 51,  "What I have learned to do is walk a narrow line out of my conscience about trying to keep people in treatment."
http://www.kidsofbergencounty.com/canada12pic.htm

« Last Edit: February 13, 2008, 11:38:39 PM by ajax13 »
"AARC will go on serving youth and families as long as it will be needed, if it keeps open to God for inspiration" Dr. F. Dean Vause Executive Director

MR. NELSON: Mr. Speaker, AADAC has been involved with
assistance in developing the program of the Alberta Adolescent
Recovery Centre since its inception originally as Kids of the
Canadian West."
Alberta Hansard, March 24, 1992

Offline sicktomystomach

• View Profile
Re: If That's a Fact, Am I Lying?
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2008, 01:25:31 AM »
What conscience?
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »