Author Topic: Message to Scientology  (Read 6168 times)

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Re: Message to Scientology
« Reply #15 on: February 06, 2009, 10:22:16 PM »
you probably recall that the suffix -logy means "the study of." but you might not know what "scient" means. but you probably know what "scent" means. there is an "i" in the middle of "scient." therefore, scientology means, the study of the smell in the middle of yourself. some say this refers to belly button smell, some say otherwise.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline psy

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • http://homepage.mac.com/psyborgue/
« Reply #16 on: February 06, 2009, 10:48:02 PM »
Quote from: "chuckh"
What exactly is scientology? Can anyone tell me in a nutshell what they believe?
It was a nonprofessional therapy cult like lifespring, est, or Synanon, but it decided to become a "religion" later for tax exempt purposes (Synanon did the same).  What they believes depends on what level you're on... what position you are on "the bridge".  It's beliefs in a nutshell are that a human, propertly trained in "LRH tech" using an "e-meter" (which is basically a poor-man's lie detector) can achieve his full potential as a human "Become clear"...  People confess stuff to an "auditor" while on the "e-meter" and those confessions are held in a file, and if you ever piss the cult off they threaten you with it or publish it.  They claim a "clear" has perfect recall, enhanced math abilities, etc etc...  then there are the OT levels (Operating Thetan) where it really gets batshit crazy ("Body Thetans" (alien ghosts) on your body and such).  They claim a full OT has full command over matter, energy, space, and time (but they, of course, have real problems actually ever demonstrating any of this to anybody).  They use hypnosis and all sorts of tricks on top of the standard brainwashing fare.

The have lots and lots of front groups and tend to get recruits through a number of indirect means (including portions of the troubled teen industry).
Benchmark Young Adult School - bad place [archive.org link]
Sue Scheff Truth - Blog on Sue Scheff
"Our services are free; we do not make a profit. Parents of troubled teens ourselves, PURE strives to create a safe haven of truth and reality." - Sue Scheff - August 13th, 2007 (fukkin surreal)

Offline chuckh

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 07, 2009, 02:28:00 AM »
mmmm, can't believe people buy into this shit but again, some of the sheep will buy into anything. OBTW I was in the seed 1975 to 1976. Been a while since I was here but decided to take a trip back here.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 20, 2009, 10:08:13 PM »
Quote from: "chuckh"
mmmm, can't believe people buy into this shit but again, some of the sheep will buy into anything.

My best friend got involved with them right after she lost her job and her husband left her. She'd also just been diagnosed with MS so she was feeling pretty down. She got interested in it after she saw Tom Cruis bash Brooke Shields on Hard Copy so she called them wanting to disuss this extremely important issue with someone and then she started going to their seminars. She ended up getting blacklisted for spending a night on the psych ward because they think psychiatry is out to destroy them. Before they blacklisted her they interrogated her about what she told the shrinks on the psych ward about them. She told them she didn't say anything about them and she critisized the psych ward people for wanting her to go to the self-esteem workshop. She felt that going to the self-esteem workshop would be admitting you have low self-esteem and she didn't want to admit anything negative about herself because that would damage her self-esteem so she was agreeing with them about the anti-psych stuff.

They're really big into confessions so she had to sit thru a lecture about black hat people after she admitted she stole something once (she took a bottle of white-out home from work). At 1st she denied stealing but the lie-detector machine said she'd stolen so she had to confess to taking the white-out. Her auditor told her he could treat her MS by telling her foot to talk to her knee. I think he got her to keep coming back by telling her that everyone she was mad at is suppressive which is like saying "yeah, you're right, everyone you hate really is evil." Everyone else I talked to about this then said we shouldn't judge other people's religions and that all religions are weird. My friend doesn't regret getting blacklisted but she's positive the purification sauna raised her I.Q.

Oh, and in case anyone is wondering why Tom Cruis and John Revolting get preferential treatment, it's because Scientology treats everyone according to what their unique needs are and celebs need preferential treatment in order to feel comfortable because that is what their everyday environment experience is. See, it all really does make sense.

Offline FemanonFatal2.0

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 23, 2009, 07:25:45 PM »
oooo I shall have a field day with this thread....

but for now I must simply

BUMP
[size=150]When Injustice Becomes Law
...Rebellion Becomes Duty...[/size]

[size=150]WHEN THE RAPTURE COMES
CAN I HAVE YOUR FLAT SCREEN?[/size]