Author Topic: i need some advice  (Read 2136 times)

Offline SettleForNothingLess

• View Profile
i need some advice
« on: January 29, 2008, 06:36:28 PM »
heyy i need some advice... my friend is 16 and her dad has her in Waco Center for Youth... does anyone know anything about the facility? i Know its part of Joint Commission..same as PV.. but I wanna help her get the hell out of there... what can I do? or how would I go about helping her???
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »
Yours Truly,
Ms. Vigilante
Im standing on the frontline, there waiting for you PV bitches. Lets rock n roll.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Re: i need some advice
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2008, 08:00:37 PM »
Contact the Youth Liberation Foundation. They are in the business of liberating youth, as their name suggests, and should be able to help.

Offline Covergaard

• View Profile
    • http://www.carstenovergaard.dk
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2008, 12:22:07 AM »
I have looked the material on the facility over and created a temporary Fornits Wiki page. I have noticed that they use restraint chairs. link.

Psychiatric Behavioral Emergency Interventions

Waco Center for Youth uses two physical interventions, restraint and seclusion, to respond to situations in which a resident poses a danger to self or others and does not respond to attempts at verbal interventions. The use of restraint and/or seclusion during a behavioral emergency is intended to provide safety for the resident and others as soon as possible with minimal risk of injury.

Restraint is defined as the use of a personal hold or a mechanical device to involuntarily restrict the free movement of the whole or a portion of an individual’s body in order to control physical activity. Waco Center for Youth uses different types of personal holds that range from a “bear hug” to a restraint that involves placing a resident in a horizontal position on the floor. Mechanical restraint is used only in extreme circumstances and takes the form of a “mechanical restraint chair,” in which the resident is strapped in an upright position in a chair designed for this specific purpose.

Seclusion is defined as the involuntary confinement of an individual away from other individuals for any period of time in a hazard-free room or other area in which direct observation can be maintained and from which egress is prevented. Each living unit is equipped with a room that can be used in the event seclusion is ordered.

Restraint and seclusion are used only in extreme situations and only with the involvement of a physician and registered nurse for the shortest period of time necessary for the resident to regain self-control. Staff provide continuous monitoring of all interventions used in a behavioral emergency. Staff are trained in the use of behavioral interventions and receive annual refresher training. Please feel free to discuss any questions or concerns you might have with the treatment team.

Offline Che Gookin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2008, 04:11:22 AM »
I have got to get me one of those chairs for myself when I've drank to much beer.

Settle.. get ahold of me.. I know someone in Texas who might be able to get a look at the place in person. Can't promise anything as we aren't the A-team.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2008, 04:29:33 AM »
I don't know if this will help: The page for the Texas Dept. of family and protective services:

http://www.dfps.state.tx.us/Handbooks/CPS/Files/CPS_px_6323_5.asp

It states that:

Voluntary commitments. Voluntary commitments require

·  the youth's consent to the placement, and

·  the placement committee's affirmation that the placement is clinically appropriate under the youth's treatment plan.

Note: If a youth who has been voluntarily committed to the Waco Center for Youth asks to be discharged from the center, the center must notify CPS's worker at the center or the regional unit immediately. The worker responsible for the child must provide another placement for or assume physical custody of the child within 96 hours (four days) after the child requests a discharge.

If you can contact her, it may be possible for her to formally request to leave. Unless this place is run like the place I was in.

Good luck

Tony

Offline Che Gookin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 31, 2008, 05:02:15 AM »
Hmmm now that is useful.... good find tony.

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 31, 2008, 10:41:29 AM »
thank you.. i will be calling her tonight so I will let her know about that. I asked her for her dads phone # last night so Im going to give him a call this afternoon and see if he will let her just come stay here with me in FL. But ill also let her know about the request to discharge. thank you so much all!!
Yours Truly,
Ms. Vigilante
Im standing on the frontline, there waiting for you PV bitches. Lets rock n roll.

Offline ~hurrikayne2

• View Profile
    • http://www.survivorsguidetotroubledteens.net
« Reply #7 on: February 02, 2008, 12:36:19 AM »
I tried to send you quite a few links pm, but have no clue if they made it to you with the way fornits has been acting recently...

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 02, 2008, 08:24:53 AM »
yes i just noticed them... thank you hurrikayne!
Yours Truly,
Ms. Vigilante

Offline ZenAgent

• View Profile
    • http://www.freepowerboards.com/strugglingppl/index.php
« Reply #9 on: February 02, 2008, 03:41:23 PM »
Settle said her friend has been in programs since she was 14.  How will she be able to leave that system and enter the world of "normal" weirdness? 

Shit...why is America allowing parents to warehouse kids until they turn 18?  As soon as the kids hit that magic "age of majority", the parents boot 'em out of the programs to fend for themselves. 
\"Allah does not love the public utterance of hurtful speech, unless it be by one to whom injustice has been done; and Allah is Hearing, Knowing\" - The Qur\'an

\"I\'m there to handle kids that are psychotic, suicidal, homicidal, or have commited felonies. Oh yeah, I am also there to take them down when they are rowdy so the nurse can give them the booty juice.\"

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 02, 2008, 06:05:42 PM »
Quote from: "ZenAgent"
Settle said her friend has been in programs since she was 14.  How will she be able to leave that system and enter the world of "normal" weirdness? 

Shit...why is America allowing parents to warehouse kids until they turn 18?  As soon as the kids hit that magic "age of majority", the parents boot 'em out of the programs to fend for themselves. 

yepp total bullshit... its just not right... her dad never answered much less called me back. but im going to call her tonite again and see whats going on she was supposed to have a visit with her mom....
Yours Truly,
Ms. Vigilante