Author Topic: Re: A Place to Post PV Experiences  (Read 6719 times)

Offline ZenAgent

• View Profile
    • http://www.freepowerboards.com/strugglingppl/index.php
Knoxville Mothers of PV Survivors
« Reply #15 on: December 02, 2008, 02:58:51 AM »
A friend in the PTA asked local families of PV survivors to share their experiences and opinions of the program shortly after our daughter was forced into PV.  The PTA member forwarded the responses to my wife.

Tell the mom and dad that I confirm the food issue, letting them eat so they are happy and quite.
Big part of the weight gain with xxxx and other people I know are the meds. Whether you eat or not. xxxx gained 100 lbs in 9 months, after he was already out of peninsula, he ate very little during that time.

The best to help the kid is for mom and dad to stick together, for other adults and teenagers to befriend the girl in a real way. To love her unconditionally and to find and emphasize the
strengths and good points she has instead of emphasizing the weak points. Help the girl financially if needed to do the things she likes so that she can be equal with others, that she can feel EQUal with others her age.

The love of others other than the mother has helped _____ receive genuine praise from others for his good traits. Yes, there are good traits in these kids, that cannot come to the surface when you are financially not well off like others and don't have the friends because you don't have the money to do the things other kids do.  Teachers and Adults have to show by example to that they respect and value the kid that acts weird in the same way as any other kids. Anything that lets kids treat other kids with disrespect should have severe consequences. Peninsula cannot do the job what society needs to do, they can only put a band aid on it making things worse.
It is not just Peninsula, it is the hospital place in Oak Ridge and elsewhere the same.

got to go,
maybe some time more,

I do remember that my child had to sit with other teenagers where they were sharing their stories, which was more destructive, than helpful to him. Also, one kid telling how you can kill yourself with the chicken bones you are eating there. Whatever your child tells you I would take very serious.  Not knowing if the parents get along or not, I pledge that for the kids sake work this issue out together and chances are your kid will improve just for the fact that you act together on her behalf. The parents don't have to like each other just show the kid that she MATTERS over your own disputes.

Staff at any hospital is more likely to use it for their own benefits when they realize that there is tension between the parents. But even with good intentions it makes it harder for the staff, too.
You have to consider also that a place like Peninsula is there to make profit and usually they keep somebody as long as the insurance pays. After that the kid can go whether it is healthy or not.

All, I can say not peninsula nor other places have helped my child. They overmedicated my child to the point to be a vegetable by sleeping 20 hours a day but NOT changing any of the behaviours.

HI AGAIN,
told my 16 year old yesterday about the girl at Peninsula. Her response was (I had not made any comments to her) if the girl has a medical problem then maybe they can help her but chances are high that she needs more than anything good friends her age to feel good about herself and to feel accepted.
My daughter remembered about her sibling being at Peninsula a few years ago that he did not feel very safe there because of a roommate who tried to stab him with some object.
My other son added that _____ told about how the kid always talked about drugs and how you can kill yourself with batteries. In my opinion nothing was done other than babysitting with the help of meds. Not saying that docs or nurses did not try. But in our situation was nothing achieved or improved. The same counts for another hospital as well as some kids place in Kingston where the kids were rewarded with candy and food.

best wishes to the girl and her family who needs all the love they can get best wishes to the girl and her family who needs all the love they can get.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »
\"Allah does not love the public utterance of hurtful speech, unless it be by one to whom injustice has been done; and Allah is Hearing, Knowing\" - The Qur\'an

\"I\'m there to handle kids that are psychotic, suicidal, homicidal, or have commited felonies. Oh yeah, I am also there to take them down when they are rowdy so the nurse can give them the booty juice.\"

Offline ZenAgent

• View Profile
    • http://www.freepowerboards.com/strugglingppl/index.php
Re: A Place to Post PV Experiences
« Reply #16 on: May 17, 2009, 04:28:25 PM »
From I Speak of Dreams:

http://lizditz.typepad.com/i_speak_of_d ... 5cf490970c

I was in PV in 2002, and I am still having nightmares. They rank high on the warning lists for abusive program watchout sites. They hated me too. I don't know why. They knew I was turning 18 so at the end they just ignored me, I stayed in the locked unit for 4 months, gained 60 pounds from sitting on a bed and doing nothing.I found out later I had sustained a concussion when they slammed my head into the floor during a restraint so hard I was left with a cut and abrasions across my forehead. Why? I sat up. Thats it. I had been laying on they fllor, they gragged me there, and I sat up, intending to raise my hand and ask to use the restroom, where they would have to examine my shit and piss before I could flush it, a method of humiliation, and was immediatly tackled. I have never had a violent day in my life, never raised a hand to anyone. I had low self esteem, I let men use me and I hated myself. At PV I just wanted to die. They told me one thing- You are an evil person with no concioncse and you are no good, nor ever will be. That was my "focus" for 3 weeks. The only one I ever got. It has taken my thereapist years to undo that damge. I thought I was really a sociopath because I trusted that these people knew the mind and were able to tell what was wrong. Others went off to the cabins- I was finally left alone to sleep no school, no nothing just sleep all day everyday. I did everything alone, staff watched me shower too though. I was also molested by the male gynecologist. I knew nothing I said mattered. He told me right in front of the female nurse in the room, that I had a very nice, muscular vagina, as he fingered me innapropriatly. I know what a gyno feels like- I go yearly. This guy was sick! Also, The drugs they sedated me with made my neck twist around, the muscles would tanse up and I could not contol my head movements. Now I know I am not a sociopath, but that is a huge breakthrough for me. I was so much worse after PV, I almost killed myself, I thought I really was a piece of shit, b/c thats what they told me! I was hospitalized after slashing my wrists and getting them stiched up, the doc said why would you do trhis? You are a sweet and beautiful girl. He laughed and said, no my girl. I am treating you long enough now to tell you that! Your just an addictive personality. Thats all. Now I am clean, through my spriritual ralationship and lots of love and counseling. I am married, and we have 2 sons. I love being a mom- but I still have nightmares about PV. I hope it stops someday. I am trying to forgive them.

Posted by: mckue | Wednesday, March 25, 2009 at 03:57 PM
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »
\"Allah does not love the public utterance of hurtful speech, unless it be by one to whom injustice has been done; and Allah is Hearing, Knowing\" - The Qur\'an

\"I\'m there to handle kids that are psychotic, suicidal, homicidal, or have commited felonies. Oh yeah, I am also there to take them down when they are rowdy so the nurse can give them the booty juice.\"