Author Topic: Are Autopsy results conducted at the DMV ???  (Read 1098 times)

Offline dishdutyfugitive

• View Profile
    • http://www.foxmovies.com/fightclub/
Are Autopsy results conducted at the DMV ???
« on: January 23, 2008, 01:02:18 PM »
Is it just me or is every medical faciliity in the world slower at processing "evidence" than the DMV?

There must be a back log of autopsies a mile long.

Or they're all bunch of sodbusters who take 15 minute breaks every 30 minutes.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline Anne Bonney

• View Profile
Re: Are Autopsy results conducted at the DMV ???
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2008, 01:13:50 PM »
My brother in law died December 16 and we just got the report yesterday.
traight, St. Pete, early 80s
AA is a cult http://www.orange-papers.org/orange-cult.html

The more boring a child is, the more the parents, when showing off the child, receive adulation for being good parents-- because they have a tame child-creature in their house.  ~~  Frank Zappa

Offline dishdutyfugitive

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2008, 01:27:30 PM »
Anne,

I'm sorry to hear of your loss.

-DDF

Offline Anne Bonney

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2008, 01:37:15 PM »
Thanks.  It was very sad.  He was only 42.

The more boring a child is, the more the parents, when showing off the child, receive adulation for being good parents-- because they have a tame child-creature in their house.  ~~  Frank Zappa

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2008, 08:42:37 PM »
Quote from: "dishdutyfugitive"
Is it just me or is every medical faciliity in the world slower at processing "evidence" than the DMV?

There must be a back log of autopsies a mile long.

Or they're all bunch of sodbusters who take 15 minute breaks every 30 minutes.

You could not be farther from the truth dishdutyfugitive.

Most county ME's send their tissue and toxicology to the state crime lab, which receives samples from all over that state, and they are run depending on when they were received as well as what type of case. A homicide for example may be processed before a suspected natural death. It takes weeks for the toxicology to come back because they test twice for accuracy and as I said, they deal with hundreds of cases every day.

Even when people pay for a private autopsy ( Anna Nicole as an example) that Doctor still has to send out tissue and tox and even paying a lot of additional money, the results don't come back all that much quicker.

Suggesting that these people are a bunch of sodbusters shows how little you know about Forensic Pathology.

Offline dishdutyfugitive

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 23, 2008, 09:54:02 PM »
I'll give you that - I dont' know shit about Forensic Pathology.

However, according to your facts, this is another classic case of state/federal red tape.  Another ripe one on the vine just waiting to be privatized.

So, no offense to anyone in the Medical community except the state crime lab. Why do I say this? The EE's at the state crime lab should be demanding from their superiors that they receive better funding, staffing and resources. Talk about a reason to strike.

Unless, you're very certain that your loved one passed away due to natural causes, waiting around for an Autopsy report is like french kissing David Blane at minute 8 in the donkey tank.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 23, 2008, 10:16:28 PM »
Of course there is a certain amount of state and federal red tape, but there are other factors as well. Because many of these tests still take some amount of human involvement, there is a limit to the amount of cases one person can do in a day/shift. Improper processing or simple human error can lead to waiting twice as long for results when they have to be re run. I've only dealt with one crime lab myself, but these people were very thorough and hard working. Every year they hire more people and every year the case loads double.

One other thing that many people are not aware of is that you, as a family member can ask for the preliminary autopsy results. Within a few days from their death you can receive a copy of the physical findings found at the time of autopsy dictated by the Pathologist. They will not give the final cause of death until all results are in, but many times that report will give you an idea of what may or may not have happened, heart attack, pulmonary embolism, that type of thing.

Offline AuntieEm2

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 24, 2008, 01:09:43 PM »
My god, Anne. 42. That's really hard. My sympathies. Did he have children?

Auntie Em
Tough love is a hate group.
"I have sworn...eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man." -Thomas Jefferson.

Offline Anne Bonney

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 24, 2008, 01:14:01 PM »
No, thankfully.  His parents took it pretty hard.  Hubby's doing better, but going through survivors guilt.  My sister in law was really close with him.  They were only two years apart (hubby and little brother were 10 years apart) and it's hit her hard.