Author Topic: Programies from desisto  (Read 927 times)

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Programies from desisto
« on: November 27, 2007, 11:45:24 PM »
I found a deistoite who beleives the palce saved his life. I dont get programmies.
Whats wrong with them?
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Programies from desisto
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2007, 07:32:31 AM »
A Desistorite, eh?  .. What a word... lol loll

Offline TheWho

• View Profile
Programies from desisto
« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2007, 09:52:42 AM »
I think all the kids should be able to talk about how they feel.  I am sure that person finds it is hard to relate to you not being helped by the place.  It is difficult seeing things from another’s perspective sometimes, but I wouldn’t be critical.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Programies from desisto
« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2007, 02:00:57 PM »
I think www.rickross.com has a lot to say here. Cults warp people's minds. It really is that simple, and it's the reason this keeps on going.

Is what happened at Desisto in any way shape or form related to therapy? Of course not. Any real psychiatrist would tell you as much, right off the top: "That's not therapy, that's abuse." And any so-called positive gains resulting from that are always- no, seriously, they really are always- Stockholm Syndrome or misinterpretation. A lot of the kids in there came from very abusive homes, so, from that perspective, Desisto didn't seem that bad.

Take, for example, the woman whose husband beats her and takes the blame for it; the Scientologist paid far below minimum wage and blames himself for being downstat; the sad Benchmarkite who's far over 18 yet hangs on desperately to his lack of freedom because it's the only life he thinks he can have.

Eventually this sort of cult-prone behavior will be bred out of humanity, as it is highly survival-negative and (ultimately) reproduction-negative.

But before then, you'll have the human propensity for shit like this.

Offline lorrispickelmire

• View Profile
Programmies
« Reply #4 on: November 28, 2007, 02:32:38 PM »
Denial is a coping tool, try not to take it personal when a programmie gets upset with what you are saying.  I am from a program that is deeply rooted in one man's biblical teachings, and the Roloffians are downright vicous in their attacks of anyone who speaks out against the homes.  I know they saw abuse and were abused themselves, because this particular group of homes believes that corporal punishment is something God mandated.  They are unable to look at it and feel the abuse because then they would have to deal with the trauma.  I sometimes wish I could live in the happy little place of denial they choose to call reality, because then maybe I could sleep at night.  Not really though, it isn't healthy and will eventually manifest itself in some other form in their lives.  While I believe they have a right to their coping mechanisms I do not believe they have a right to make personal attacks on people who are trying to deal with the reality of the program.  I have been known to get upset and say things to them that are not appropriate when they start downplaying someone elses memories, but I am working on that.
quot;It will be found an unjust and unwise jealousy to deprive a man of his natural liberty upon the supposition he may abuse it.\"
                                        George Washington

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Programies from desisto
« Reply #5 on: November 28, 2007, 04:56:24 PM »
Also, don't get mired in yer own pickle juice, har har.