Author Topic: Letters we have sent  (Read 6951 times)

Offline TheWho

• View Profile
Re: Letters we have sent
« Reply #15 on: January 22, 2008, 08:11:50 PM »
Quote from: "The Monsters"
no who, even if thoes 2 percent were not happy. They would not want to tear the place down so badly... Sure they would hate it... but not have enough desire to fully see it crumble.

because some of us have been to other centers before and after PV that we hated simply because we were stuck there, but we have no real desire to get rid of thoes ones or get revenge on past and present staff members... and why? because they do not folow the same practices that PV, and Three srpings, and Traqnuility Bay, and Island View, and Provo Canyon, and Oakly, and Fast Forward, or Aspen, or anything LIKE thoes programs do.

My point is that you will not hate the place any more or less because you happen to be part of the majority.  If only 2% of the kids hated it (yourself being part of the 2%).  You wouldn’t hate it any more or less because you are in the minority.  You hate it because of what happened to you and others not based on the outcome of a statistical study that was never done.
So you are pissed and many others are pissed also and you call yourselves “TheMonsters”.. that we do know.  What we don’t know is what portion of all the graduates do you represent.  98% or 2%... probably somewhere in between would be my guess.  But until a study is done we wont know for sure.

« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline The Monsters

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 22, 2008, 08:25:39 PM »
what you fail to understand who is that up until very recently the reason no one has spoke out against the village is because so many kids who went thought nothing would come of it. PV has been open since 86 and so many kids that go think that after they get out there is nothing they can do to get peace. nd thats what the village banks on. Thats partly why they work so hard to break down our self confidence so that should we ever even THINK of what was done to us being wrong we would be too spineless and weak to even do anything. It's a power move. But the reality is more of us hate PV then like it. And now thst more info is coming to the lime light people will and ARE noticing the incredibly inhumane things places lik PV are doing.  Times are changing and as such so are our perceptions as past residents. We are not weak and scared any more.

Offline TheWho

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 22, 2008, 08:30:54 PM »
what you fail to understand who is that up until very recently the reason no one has spoke out against the village is because so many kids who went thought nothing would come of it. PV has been open since 86 and so many kids that go think that after they get out there is nothing they can do to get peace. nd thats what the village banks on. Thats partly why they work so hard to break down our self confidence so that should we ever even THINK of what was done to us being wrong we would be too spineless and weak to even do anything. It's a power move. But the reality is more of us hate PV then like it. And now thst more info is coming to the lime light people will and ARE noticing the incredibly inhumane things places lik PV are doing.  Times are changing and as such so are our perceptions as past residents. We are not weak and scared any more.

Thats great and you may be right.  I am not arguing from any position..... I am always curious when people throw out statisitcs and I have a personal need to understand where the data is formed from.

Offline The Monsters

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 22, 2008, 08:33:10 PM »
as you being a person that has been known quite simply to make shit up... questioning a fairly reasonable "statistic" is not something you should be doing.

Offline teachback

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 22, 2008, 08:36:31 PM »
From what I've read about PV, the place sounds like a horrible place for kids to be.

Offline TheWho

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 22, 2008, 08:49:18 PM »
as you being a person that has been known quite simply to make shit up... questioning a fairly reasonable "statistic" is not something you should be doing.

I think you just put yourself into the category (not I).  Unless you back up the 98% statistic with a study.  Then it seems you are the one making things up.
Shouldnt point fingers unless you got all your ducks in a row.  (or some such saying!!).

Offline teachback

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 22, 2008, 08:55:04 PM »
Do we need studies for everything?

Give me some first-hand accounts any day.

Offline The Monsters

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 22, 2008, 09:02:03 PM »
the saying goes,  "when you point a finger at someone you have three others pointing back"

And no, we ARE the number. Which you continuously continue to ignore for whatever purpose that may be.

You have claimed to be the parent of a "survivor" or something along thoes lines and we have heard other stories as well.

We don't know who you truly are, we don't know what your true motive is, but we know you are an enemy and you will be treated as such. To us you are no better then the current PV staff restraining a child as we speak.

Do not expect civil responses from us and do not expect us to be reasonable to you. In all actuality of things WE do not need to show YOU any type of proof. The law and the public need to know these things and they shall. You are a one trick pony trying to make things as difficult as you can by opening your mouth to spout off about nothing in particular. Nothing you say matters to us because you have made your stance. And your stance is in defense of these programs. No matter how many times you tell us these programs are a positive method we will not listen because it's not true, just like no matter how many times you tell a pickle it's a bicycle... it's still a fucking pickle.

Offline TheWho

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 22, 2008, 09:20:16 PM »
the saying goes,  "when you point a finger at someone you have three others pointing back"

And no, we ARE the number. Which you continuously continue to ignore for whatever purpose that may be.

You have claimed to be the parent of a "survivor" or something along thoes lines and we have heard other stories as well.

We don't know who you truly are, we don't know what your true motive is, but we know you are an enemy and you will be treated as such. To us you are no better then the current PV staff restraining a child as we speak.

Do not expect civil responses from us and do not expect us to be reasonable to you. In all actuality of things WE do not need to show YOU any type of proof. The law and the public need to know these things and they shall. You are a one trick pony trying to make things as difficult as you can by opening your mouth to spout off about nothing in particular. Nothing you say matters to us because you have made your stance. And your stance is in defense of these programs. No matter how many times you tell us these programs are a positive method we will not listen because it's not true, just like no matter how many times you tell a pickle it's a bicycle... it's still a fucking pickle.

I am speaking on behalf of some the readers.  There are many who claim they were helped by TBS's and others who say they were not.  When someone mentions a specific success rate, of say 98%, then that typically indicates a measurement of some type has taken place.
Many readers, like myself, would be curious as to where you got that statistic from, so I posed the question myself.

I believe in exposing abusive and corrupt programs as well as giving credit to those who do well.  But I also believe we should be factual and accurate with our accusations.

Offline The Monsters

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 22, 2008, 09:23:55 PM »
as we said before, your opinion no longer matters.

Offline TheWho

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 22, 2008, 09:30:25 PM »
as we said before, your opinion no longer matters.

That is of no concern to me......I am not wild about yours either, but there are many other readers to consider.

Offline The Monsters

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 22, 2008, 09:33:10 PM »
as we said before , you opinion no longer matters.

Offline TheWho

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 22, 2008, 09:38:13 PM »

98% of the readers disagree with you...

Offline The Monsters

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 22, 2008, 09:53:25 PM »

Offline TheWho

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 22, 2008, 10:23:54 PM »

Tap, Tap, Tap.... you seem to be stuck.  Send in one of the others.