Author Topic: Letters we have sent  (Read 7012 times)

Offline Anne Bonney

• View Profile
Re: Letters we have sent
« Reply #60 on: January 24, 2008, 01:24:34 PM »
Quote from: "TheWho"
Quote from: "Anne Bonney"
Reading comprehension problems persist, hmm?  Or is it just you putting words in my mouth again?  Where in that post did you see me write anything about being annoyed?

I think it is right before the post where you claim I stated that I work for the industry or maybe the one before you said I thought you were all Druggies.  Check those 2 first.

So its the comprehension you're having a problem with.  I said I was paraphrasing and lumping most pro-programs people together. 

Jees Who.  They offer adult remedial reading classes. 
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »
traight, St. Pete, early 80s
AA is a cult http://www.orange-papers.org/orange-cult.html

The more boring a child is, the more the parents, when showing off the child, receive adulation for being good parents-- because they have a tame child-creature in their house.  ~~  Frank Zappa

Offline TheWho

• View Profile
« Reply #61 on: January 24, 2008, 01:33:16 PM »
Reading comprehension problems persist, hmm?  Or is it just you putting words in my mouth again?  Where in that post did you see me write anything about being annoyed?

I think it is right before the post where you claim I stated that I work for the industry or maybe the one before you said I thought you were all Druggies.  Check those 2 first.

So its the comprehension you're having a problem with.  I said I was paraphrasing and lumping most pro-programs people together. 

Jees Who.  They offer adult remedial reading classes.   

I will take that as you cant find them.... dont want you to waste your time.

Offline Anne Bonney

• View Profile
« Reply #62 on: January 24, 2008, 01:37:07 PM »
I will take that as you cant find them.... dont want you to waste your time.

Aww, still having problems??  Maybe the remedial classes would be too advanced for you.

The more boring a child is, the more the parents, when showing off the child, receive adulation for being good parents-- because they have a tame child-creature in their house.  ~~  Frank Zappa

Offline dishdutyfugitive

• View Profile
    • http://www.foxmovies.com/fightclub/
« Reply #63 on: January 24, 2008, 01:43:36 PM »
If we all don't know shit. And you know so much tell us....

Why did Brett Carey and Rea Kreider leave ASR?

Couldn't possibly be because it's all 1 big Incestuous warped profit mill?

Brett Carey and Rea Kreider

RMA (1986 - 1993)

to

Mount Bachelor Academy (1993 - 1996)

to

ASR (1996 - 200?)

to

???  Crash and burn probably.

Does ASR tell parents the truth about their history?
Do Brett and Rea ever tell anyone but their inner circle how they really feel?

Offline TheWho

• View Profile
« Reply #64 on: January 24, 2008, 01:56:26 PM »
Quote from: "dishdutyfugitive"

Does ASR tell parents the truth about their history?
Actually they do.  On our first visit we were told how ASR came about and how it didn’t do well the first year or two…their model wasn’t very effective..kids were accepted which shouldn’t have been and they let some staff go.  I think they actually closed down for a short time. 
All the staff seemed very open about their past and how they came to part of ASR.

Do Brett and Rea ever tell anyone but their inner circle how they really feel?

I vaguely remember Brett but not Rea.  As to who they are confidential with about how they feel I really cant speak to.

Offline dishdutyfugitive

• View Profile
« Reply #65 on: January 24, 2008, 02:03:10 PM »
House of cards

Offline Anne Bonney

• View Profile
« Reply #66 on: January 24, 2008, 02:05:07 PM »
House of cards

Boy, no shit.  Its amazing that after all these years they still do the same shit, employ the same fucked up tactics and in many cases (not unlike the Cath church) just shuffle staff from program to program.  Straight used to close down and reopen the same day, with the same staff, under a new name.

same shit, different wrapper.

Offline TheWho

• View Profile
« Reply #67 on: January 24, 2008, 02:13:16 PM »
House of cards

Boy, no shit.  Its amazing that after all these years they still do the same shit, employ the same fucked up tactics and in many cases (not unlike the Cath church) just shuffle staff from program to program.  Straight used to close down and reopen the same day, with the same staff, under a new name.

This goes way back..... many industries shut down periodically to shuffle the deck, so to speak.  Public schools started doing this in the 1800's.  They shut down during the summer months  (or the fall if it was harvest time).  They would take advantage of this time to make improvements on their model, let staff go and give them time to rehire etc.... most teachers which were let go would travel to another town or city and start teaching there... this goes for any profession.. if you are a welder and you leave one company chances are you will move to another place as a welder also because it is what you like to do!!

None of this is unique to the TT industry.

Offline Anne Bonney

• View Profile
« Reply #68 on: January 24, 2008, 02:21:52 PM »
House of cards

This goes way back..... many industries shut down periodically to shuffle the deck, so to speak.  Public schools started doing this in the 1800's.  They shut down during the summer months  (or the fall if it was harvest time).  They would take advantage of this time to make improvements on their model, let staff go and give them time to rehire etc.... most teachers which were let go would travel to another town or city and start teaching there... this goes for any profession.. if you are a welder and you leave one company chances are you will move to another place as a welder also because it is what you like to do!!

None of this is unique to the TT industry.

If you're a welder and you realize that your company is using outdated and dangerous metals that will lead to cracks and breaks down the road, you scrap your plan and begin completely anew.  You don't use the very same metal that has been proven to be inadequate and dangerous just because you tweak it a little, subtract some elements and add others. 

The ENTIRE BASIS OF PROGRAMS would need to be changed and that won't happen because it wouldn't "work" then.  Yes, programs "work" in the sense that they scare and terrify kids into changing their behaviors temporarily and superficially, but we all know how that ends up.  Program parents are always talking about these miraculous changes that occur in their precious little snowflakes after being in a program....and I agree.....there ARE very definite changes.  Whether or not that's a good thing and HOW THEY ACCOMPLISH this change is what's in question.

Offline TheWho

• View Profile
« Reply #69 on: January 24, 2008, 02:39:48 PM »

If you're a welder and you realize that your company is using outdated and dangerous metals that will lead to cracks and breaks down the road, you scrap your plan and begin completely anew.  You don't use the very same metal that has been proven to be inadequate and dangerous just because you tweak it a little, subtract some elements and add others. 

Exactly, but you only get rid of the metal that is bad.  While you are shut down you can take that opportunity to improve the process so that your end product is improved also

The ENTIRE BASIS OF PROGRAMS would need to be changed and that won't happen because it wouldn't "work" then.  Yes, programs "work" in the sense that they scare and terrify kids into changing their behaviors temporarily and superficially, but we all know how that ends up.  Program parents are always talking about these miraculous changes that occur in their precious little snowflakes after being in a program....and I agree.....there ARE very definite changes.  Whether or not that's a good thing and HOW THEY ACCOMPLISH this change is what's in question.

No it doesn’t need to be completely changed.  The key is to provide a safe and secure environment so that the children can grow and mature naturally.  If you force change or the kids don’t buy into it then it will not be a permanent change and the child will not be helped.

Remember that these changes need to occur in a least restrictive environment and a safe environment which is what is provided by many of these schools.  Sometimes schools need to make many changes to get to this point others never get there and will close down eventually.

Offline Anne Bonney

• View Profile
« Reply #70 on: January 24, 2008, 02:47:28 PM »
Exactly, but you only get rid of the metal that is bad.  While you are shut down you can take that opportunity to improve the process so that your end product is improved also

And in this case, ALL the metal is bad.  The very basics of it.  You can't dress it up, you can't tone it down.  You can't add a few things here, subtract a few things there.  It is FUCKED from the start.  It needs to be scrapped.  Period.

No it doesn’t need to be completely changed.

It sure does since the very basics and fundamentals are taken directly from known abusive cults.

The key is to provide a safe and secure environment so that the children can grow and mature naturally.  If you force change or the kids don’t buy into it then it will not be a permanent change and the child will not be helped.

Exactly why programs will never work.  You  can't force or coerce "treatment" on someone WITHOUT doing damage.  First, do no harm.

Remember that these changes need to occur in a least restrictive environment and a safe environment which is what is provided by many of these schools. 

Bullshit.  They are entirely restrictive.  They won't even allow kids to speak to their families freely.  The forced confessions in group settings are used against them if they express the desire to leave.  Exit Plans take care of the rest.  The kids know that if they don't agree to complete the program that they'll either be sent someplace worse, won't be allowed back in to hte home and will be virtually ostracized from their families.

Sometimes schools need to make many changes to get to this point others never get there and will close down eventually.

These places are NOT schools. They're behavior modification facilities.

Offline TheWho

• View Profile
« Reply #71 on: January 24, 2008, 03:17:33 PM »
Exactly why programs will never work.  You  can't force or coerce "treatment" on someone WITHOUT doing damage.  First, do no harm.
The programs that you are familiar with.  I am not speaking about them.

Bullshit.  They are entirely restrictive.  They won't even allow kids to speak to their families freely.  The forced confessions in group settings are used against them if they express the desire to leave.  Exit Plans take care of the rest.  The kids know that if they don't agree to complete the program that they'll either be sent someplace worse, won't be allowed back in to hte home and will be virtually ostracized from their families.
See, this doesn’t remotely apply.  I spoke to my daughter every week and more often if there was a problem.  The environment was designed to make them feel safe, least restrictive, so that they could grow.  I have read all the stories here on fornits as you have and this is where you are getting your opinions… I was there you were not.

These places are NOT schools. They're behavior modification facilities.

Again this shows you don’t know what you are talking about.

Offline dishdutyfugitive

• View Profile
« Reply #72 on: January 24, 2008, 03:45:03 PM »
"The key is to provide a safe and secure environment so that the children can grow and mature naturally.   If you force change or the kids don’t buy into it then it will not be a permanent change and the child will not be helped."

That's odd the who said there are families that raise 2+ kids.

And sometimes 1 of the kids doesn't turn out good (like the other siblings) and needs a place like ASR.

Well, if the parent's raised at least 1 good kid can't we assume they grew up in a safe and secure household?

I think his specific numbers were a family with 1 bad kid out of 5 kids in the family.

Offline TheWho

• View Profile
« Reply #73 on: January 24, 2008, 04:04:50 PM »
"The key is to provide a safe and secure environment so that the children can grow and mature naturally.   If you force change or the kids don’t buy into it then it will not be a permanent change and the child will not be helped."

That's odd the who said there are families that raise 2+ kids.

And sometimes 1 of the kids doesn't turn out good (like the other siblings) and needs a place like ASR.

Well, if the parent's raised at least 1 good kid can't we assume they grew up in a safe and secure household?

I think his specific numbers were a family with 1 bad kid out of 5 kids in the family.

There could be many other factors also...  The child may benefit from a highly structured environment, which he/she may not get at home... the child may benefit from the therapeutic model and therapy that is offered... the change in environment and not having the exposure to friends which could be a bad influence.... a neighbor or extended family member etc.....

The safe and secure environment is only a piece of it.