Author Topic: Youth Liberation Foundation Bulletin  (Read 4232 times)

Offline Che Gookin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Youth Liberation Foundation Bulletin
« on: January 19, 2008, 08:50:37 AM »
Effective today, I(Che Gookin), the infamous leader, founder, and bankroller of the Youth Liberation Foundation tenders my resignation as leader of the YLF.

I will be asking Hurrikayne to hold the post as leader of the YLF until a general election can be held. I will not be putting my name forward as a possible canidate. I will be remaining an active member of the YLF in as a writer and protestor.

I believe that an organization designed to protest abuse in programs needs a leader that is a survivor and I have no desire to see the organization's growth stifled by my past history as a staff member of a residential treatment program or two.

More details to follow on the general election that hopefully will come in the next two weeks.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Re: Youth Liberation Foundation Bulletin
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2008, 03:33:39 PM »
Was there something specific that happened that led to this decision? Good job getting on getting it started. Are you still going to attend the protests?

Offline ~hurrikayne2

• View Profile
    • http://www.survivorsguidetotroubledteens.net
« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2008, 04:38:14 PM »
I can be reached at [email protected], or on MySpace (myspace.com/ylfwriter) if you'd like to write an article for YLF, or be interviewed about a protest you have participated in.
« Last Edit: January 22, 2008, 12:13:12 AM by ~hurrikayne2 »

Offline ZenAgent

• View Profile
    • http://www.freepowerboards.com/strugglingppl/index.php
« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2008, 06:43:10 PM »
Quote from: "pickles3"
Effective today, I(Che Gookin), the infamous leader, founder, and bankroller of the Youth Liberation Foundation tenders my resignation as leader of the YLF.

I will be asking Hurrikayne to hold the post as leader of the YLF until a general election can be held. I will not be putting my name forward as a possible canidate. I will be remaining an active member of the YLF in as a writer and protestor.

I believe that an organization designed to protest abuse in programs needs a leader that is a survivor and I have no desire to see the organization's growth stifled by my past history as a staff member of a residential treatment program or two.

More details to follow on the general election that hopefully will come in the next two weeks.

Who better to protest program abuse than someone who witnessed it from an RTC staff perspective?  Anyone who would brand you an "infidel" because of your past association with RTC's is a fundamentalist, and we know the problems fundamentalism causes. 

I respect your decision, but you're passionate about shutting these shitholes down and no one can question that.  Your point is good about a survivor running it, but why not have a survivor running YLF who fills a Dubya Bush role, and you can be the Cheney running things in the background?  An ombudsman, I guess.
\"Allah does not love the public utterance of hurtful speech, unless it be by one to whom injustice has been done; and Allah is Hearing, Knowing\" - The Qur\'an

\"I\'m there to handle kids that are psychotic, suicidal, homicidal, or have commited felonies. Oh yeah, I am also there to take them down when they are rowdy so the nurse can give them the booty juice.\"

Offline Oz girl

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2008, 06:45:25 PM »
snaps to you for starting the org.  ;D
n case you\'re worried about what\'s going to become of the younger generation, it\'s going to grow up and start worrying about the younger generation.-Roger Allen

Offline TheWho

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 19, 2008, 06:54:26 PM »

TSW, How about a program parent?  I am up for the challenge.. I have organizational skills, respected by most people here, I understand the ins and outs of the industry, I have the time ....  I officially toss my hat in.

Offline ~hurrikayne2

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 19, 2008, 07:18:29 PM »
No voting will be taking place with regards to YLF.
« Last Edit: January 22, 2008, 12:14:29 AM by ~hurrikayne2 »

Offline psy

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • http://homepage.mac.com/psyborgue/
« Reply #7 on: January 19, 2008, 07:41:21 PM »
Quote from: "~hurrikayne2"
::)

Allrighty, well, we'll see if anyone is willing to put their name in the hat to run against you.

God forbid he win by default.  Put my name in as well.
Benchmark Young Adult School - bad place [archive.org link]
Sue Scheff Truth - Blog on Sue Scheff
"Our services are free; we do not make a profit. Parents of troubled teens ourselves, PURE strives to create a safe haven of truth and reality." - Sue Scheff - August 13th, 2007 (fukkin surreal)

Offline psy

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • http://homepage.mac.com/psyborgue/
« Reply #8 on: January 19, 2008, 07:43:08 PM »
Quote from: "TheWho"

TSW, How about a program parent?  I am up for the challenge.. I have organizational skills, respected by most people here, I understand the ins and outs of the industry, I have the time ....  I officially toss my hat in.

That would be a bit like letting the "Church" of Scientology run the Cult Awareness Network...  (oh wait.. they do)..  Not here, asshole.
Benchmark Young Adult School - bad place [archive.org link]
Sue Scheff Truth - Blog on Sue Scheff
"Our services are free; we do not make a profit. Parents of troubled teens ourselves, PURE strives to create a safe haven of truth and reality." - Sue Scheff - August 13th, 2007 (fukkin surreal)

Offline TheWho

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 19, 2008, 08:10:00 PM »
Quote from: "psy"

That would be a bit like letting the "Church" of Scientology run the Cult Awareness Network...  (oh wait.. they do)..  Not here, asshole.

Hey, that is uncalled for.  If I win I will work towards having a "Bong" in every household... I will institute a "3 strikes and you are out" policy.. meaning no one will "do time" for any (yes, any) offense the first 2 convictions, if you are under the age of 21.
I will erase the word "Illegal or legal" when associate with drugs... lets get back to basics... let face it drugs are drugs the only difference is the money trail... who gives a crap as long as the customer is happy!!

Offline Nihilanthic

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 19, 2008, 08:39:03 PM »
the only difference is the money trail... who gives a crap as long as the customer is happy!!

At least TheWho is honest with himself now.
DannyB on the internet:I CALLED A LAWYER TODAY TO SEE IF I COULD SUE YOUR ASSES FOR DOING THIS BUT THAT WAS NOT POSSIBLE.

CCMGirl on program restraints: "DON\'T TAZ ME BRO!!!!!"

TheWho on program survivors: "From where I sit I see all the anit-program[sic] people doing all the complaining and crying."

Offline ~hurrikayne2

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 19, 2008, 08:55:27 PM »

Hey, that is uncalled for.  If I win I will work towards having a "Bong" in every household... I will institute a "3 strikes and you are out" policy.. meaning no one will "do time" for any (yes, any) offense the first 2 convictions, if you are under the age of 21.
I will erase the word "Illegal or legal" when associate with drugs... lets get back to basics... let face it drugs are drugs the only difference is the money trail... who gives a crap as long as the customer is happy!!

I'll see YLF nuked to oblivion before I allow The Who to get involved in it.
« Last Edit: January 22, 2008, 12:15:24 AM by ~hurrikayne2 »

Offline TheWho

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 19, 2008, 09:04:07 PM »
Quote from: "~hurrikayne2"

Now, see this is where Che's wisdom bitch slapped me.  I'll see YLF nuked to oblivion before I allow The Who to get involved in it.

So I am not the front runner, but I work hard for what I believe in.

Offline Che Gookin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 19, 2008, 10:29:05 PM »
All current members of the YLF are avaliable to campaign for the position. Sorry who.. and psy.. neither of you are current members...

I will be attending, organizing, and getting arrested at protests of course. I will still be involved in the org as a regular member. I just believe the time has come for someone with more patience than myself to lead the group into the next stage of its evolution.

Offline ZenAgent

• View Profile
    • http://www.freepowerboards.com/strugglingppl/index.php
« Reply #14 on: January 19, 2008, 10:51:27 PM »

Hey, that is uncalled for.  If I win I will work towards having a "Bong" in every household...

That is uncalled for, implying program survivors on YLF are druggies.  Nice, casual discrediting of your opponents.  If you wanted to head NORML, that would be appropriate.

Try lying like a politician and promise to abolish programs.
\"Allah does not love the public utterance of hurtful speech, unless it be by one to whom injustice has been done; and Allah is Hearing, Knowing\" - The Qur\'an

\"I\'m there to handle kids that are psychotic, suicidal, homicidal, or have commited felonies. Oh yeah, I am also there to take them down when they are rowdy so the nurse can give them the booty juice.\"