Author Topic: next step - act like being yourself  (Read 859 times)

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
next step - act like being yourself
« on: January 11, 2008, 03:37:09 AM »
icomeanon

What you are posting about is normal behaviour.

It's like you may say "F*ck that cr@p!" around all your friends, but would never say that in front of your grandmother.

Which one is the front?

Neither, it's still you, you're just adapting to your environment, and acting out of courtesy and respect for your elders, and acting more casually around your peers.

I don't see this as abnormal at all.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline icomeanon

• View Profile
yeah, thats not what i meant
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2008, 12:37:59 PM »
yeah, i thought this thread might be misunderstood.  i was hoping somebody would see what i meant.

i don't mean fronting like posturing.  i mean it in a different way.  every once in a great while i run across somebody that has built like this whole other persona that they act out.  basically all the time, and i don't know why.  its almost like they don't know any better.  but they do, and selected people from different generations do it.  i've seen it as a throwback to aubrey hepburn days in one older lady i know.  btw, i am going to post something speaking of her that i thought was pretty cool.  but i digress.  the older lady would be like yes darrrling, and have this whole like socialite persona.

now there are some people that act overly snobish and don't know any better and they're like sure darling; you know whatever you say; and don't know that they're being a total snob.  this lady does it on purpose as like a throw back to their generation and the coolness of that dignity and they she takes the best things from that attitude and be's that way; for fun?

another example, is various people that are like; yeah for shuw for shuw.  Homeboy like.  And you see half a grin on their face.  because you know and they know that they're acting; maybe  at one time they used to pretend to be in the homeboy click, and talked like that all the time thinking that that image was them, but the grin is what gets me, because they know its fake, but do it purposely.   And i guess i sort of want to know why they do it.  its weird.

its also interesting to me, and different than what you guys meant because they dont really gain anything by it as far as i can tell like you may by traditional 'fronting.'  This other persona is soo obvious that the only thing it seems to do as far as i can tell is make them less liked by certain people that actually think they are full of shit, and so they treat them like "they don't get 'it'".

As we should all know how to recognize 'it'  even if we can't always do 'it'.

Are they trying to learn to understand sociopathy?  do compulsve liars purposely lie in order to learn lying?  ahh, anyways, enough of my morning nonsense.  Have a loving day....

icomeanon
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »