Author Topic: Re: HAPA  (Read 35304 times)

Offline Ursus

• View Profile
Re: HAPA
« on: January 29, 2008, 04:30:19 AM »
When I was involved with Hyde, there were these... Admission Teas. These were hosted by some Hyde parent under the guise of "this worked for us, maybe this would be a good idea for your family." Some administrator or prominent faculty member from the school would also attend and give some presentation of "the Hyde School difference." And this was, in fact, just how my family first got suckered into Hyde School.

It is not until your family is actually involved with the place, that you begin to realize just how much pressure there is placed on families to get involved in recruitment like this. It is expected of you. Not only the school, but also other parents, will be undoubtedly be calling you.

In fact, lack of such involvement will probably bode ill for your kid. The sins of the parent will be borne by the child. "Lack of commitment" is generally and often seen as being a family-wide disease.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »
-------------- • -------------- • --------------

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Re: HAPA — an LGAT
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2008, 08:31:42 AM »
HAPA is part of the Cult activities. Have you ever seen any legitimate college prep work so hard to recruit followers? Isn't necessary with the good college preps. I agree with Hyde that they are a unique school, but they need to be honest as to why they are unique. They are a Cult for troubled youth, not a college prep school as they advertise. Education is secondary to the indoctorination. When I was there the credentials of most staff were not very impressive. Hyde, time to make up your mind what kind of school you want to be and then market yourself as so.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Re: HAPA -- a friggin newage cult
« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2008, 08:50:29 AM »
Quote from: "non believer"
HAPA is part of the Cult activities. ...Education is secondary to the indoctorination.

ALL. TOO. TRUE.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2008, 09:50:08 AM »
Hey put up a poll:

Is Hyde a Cult?

Offline Ursus

• View Profile
Re: HAPA -- an LGAT, SGAT, w/e...
« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2008, 10:02:30 AM »
You will reclaim the magic of growth you found working the Hyde process.

So... HAPA now has its own website: http://www.hapaonline.org/

I visited, and found the following piece on "Workshops in 2008" prominently featured:

Workshops focus on relationship, personal growth & step-parenting/blended family issues

A new series of national HAPA workshops in 2008 on the Bath and Woodstock campuses offer HAPA parents a chance to continue the Hyde process and go deeper. Hyde will be offering workshops focusing on relationship issues, personal growth and the specific issues that arise in step parenting and blended families. Lee Mortenson and Carol Kirkland, both HAPA parents and principals in Relationship Training, LLC have agreed to serve as Hyde's National HAPA Coordinators and will offer the weekend intensives to HAPA parents and others.

"The Hyde process really offers parents a chance to be introspective and look at their personal issues. These workshops are aimed at those parents who want to go deeper into what's going on in their relationships and personal life," said Mortenson, adding, "The three day weekend workshops give couples and individuals an opportunity to strengthen their relationship with their partners and with themselves."

Mortenson and his wife, Carol Kirkland, facilitate workshops in Maryland and in Taos, New Mexico on relationship and work with individuals and couples in person and by phone. (You can find out more about their work at www.RelationshipTraining.Net). The Spring 2008 Workshop schedule is as follows:

2008 HYDE HAPA
Weekend Residential Workshop Schedule

Feb 29-Mar 2 Weekend Intensive for couples and individuals in Woodstock, CT on relationship, personal growth issues.

May 23-25 Weekend Intensive for couples and individuals in Bath, Maine at the Family Renewal Center on relationship, personal growth issues.

Coming this Summer: Weekend Intensives for couples and individuals in Bath, Maine at the Family Renewal Center on relationship, personal growth issues.

Coming in the Fall: Weekend Intensives for couples and individuals on relationship with an emphasis on step-parenting and blended family issues.

Costs for these residential workshops are $450/individual, $900/couple (some scholarships are available). Note: enrollment for each workshop is limited to 10 individuals.

For information on the workshops, contact Lee Mortenson at [email protected]. To request a Workshop on-line, click here and tell us which weekend you'd like to attend.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 03, 2008, 12:14:46 PM »
Thanks for posting this info on the great opportunities Hyde is offering.  I think the wife and I will sign up to the may personal growth tuneup in Bath.  The Unique elements Hyde offers help build strong relationships. Thanks again Ursus.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Re: HAPA
« Reply #6 on: February 03, 2008, 12:20:43 PM »
A new series of national HAPA workshops in 2008 on the Bath and Woodstock campuses offer HAPA parents a chance to continue the Hyde process and go deeper. Hyde will be offering workshops focusing on relationship issues, personal growth and the specific issues that arise in step parenting and blended families. Lee Mortenson and Carol Kirkland, both HAPA parents and principals in Relationship Training, LLC have agreed to serve as Hyde's National HAPA Coordinators and will offer the weekend intensives to HAPA parents and others.

"The Hyde process really offers parents a chance to be introspective and look at their personal issues. These workshops are aimed at those parents who want to go deeper into what's going on in their relationships and personal life," said Mortenson, adding, "The three day weekend workshops give couples and individuals an opportunity to strengthen their relationship with their partners and with themselves."
Costs for these residential workshops are $450/individual, $900/couple (some scholarships are available).

Sounds like "Marriage Boot Camp" was in the right ballpark alright. lol

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 03, 2008, 12:59:09 PM »

Look at this Hyde magic!  This Dad looks like he has a really close relationship with his daughter.

Offline Ursus

• View Profile
Re: HAPA -- an LGAT
« Reply #8 on: February 03, 2008, 01:20:04 PM »
Aw Geez... Jim Carroll and new wife Shelly.

"New Life - New Marriage"
    "Through this awesome learning process you will find new hope and a new love for yourself and life. Your outlook on life will change. Best of all, you will have the tools to help resolve current and future issues as well as making your dreams happen."

Jim Carroll... who practically credits 'Dr. Phil' for saving his life... Dr. Phil, on the other hand, crediting no one, least of all his former partner Thelma Box who came up with most of that crap... much - if not most - of it based on John Hanley Sr.'s Lifespring, a competitor of est in its time...

Offline Ursus

• View Profile
Re: HAPA -- an LGAT, SGAT, w/e...
« Reply #9 on: February 03, 2008, 01:22:54 PM »
More words of wisdom from Lee Mortenson and Carol Kirkland...

Once you've talked about your inner life at a
seminar and felt some of the relief of digging
it out, there's a desire for more... and not
many places or people who are as interested
as you might be to talk openly and share from
a vulnerable place.

I wonder if HAPA is interested in digging out all the PTSD and worse that many former Hyde students and their families have had to cope with, consequent to the "magic of growth" that "working the Hyde process" entails...

HAPA Issues from Lee & Carol
Occasional thoughts from Lee Mortenson & Carol Kirkland on Hyde, HAPA and life beyond the campus walls

The Willingness to Dig Deeper

One of the participants at the recent Woodstock Relationship workshop said it in a way that I heard loud and clear: "I've never been able to talk with anyone the same way after Hyde. Hyde families are willing to get under the surface and dig in deeper."

That's been our experience as well. Of course, that's what happens at Hyde. We all come here with our kids and then find out that we need as much work as they do... maybe more. And there's nothing like working with your family to bring out the dark side that we've carefully hidden from everyone... even ourselves.

The interesting thing is that a lot of folks get hooked on the experience. They've looked elsewhere for opportunities to get past their veneer and finding a "doorway" inside is not always easy to find amongst the clutter at the mall and the office.

Once you've talked about your inner life at a seminar and felt some of the relief of digging it out, there's a desire for more... and not many places or people who are as interested as you might be to talk openly and share from a vulnerable place.

That's not to say that you can't start something. I've noticed that it doesn't matter how formal the setting, when someone starts to speak from a more vulnerable and open place, other folks start to listen and respond... and the opportunities for many of us are limited.

So, what's a HAPA to do?

First, there's regional HAPA groups that develop out of Hyde parents that still want to meet and talk in a way that is different. While energy fluctuates for local gatherings, it may be on the rise again now. Regional meetings honoring the contributions to Laurie and Paul Hurd are in the offing and they are a great chance to network with old Hyde acquaintances and get something going.

This year there are a series of HAPA events (more to come) that allow HAPAs to dig in a little deeper with like-minded folks. You can go fishing with Rich Truluck up in Maine, join Claire Grant for a Women's Renewal weekend on the beach in North Carolina, or attend a residential Relationship workshop at one of the two campuses. And, starting this month, there will be an opportunity to network through the www.HAPAonline.org web site. Check out our HAPA-2-HELP-U online group, where you can ask for help or see if there's someone in your area who is willing to join you in digging in deeper!

Lee E. Mortenson

(You can write to Lee at [email protected])

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 03, 2008, 06:39:17 PM »
  I spoke to the wife about these amazing opportunities to strengthen our relationship.  She is unwilling to attend.   I never realized how shallow and uncommitted she is.  Thanks to Hyde we will be seeking a legal separation.

Offline Joseph W. Gauld

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 03, 2008, 07:26:30 PM »
Quote from: "no one can get any"

I spoke to the wife about these amazing opportunities to strengthen our relationship. She is unwilling to attend. I never realized how shallow and uncommitted she is. Thanks to Hyde we will be seeking a legal separation.

Well, "no one," ya gotta join HAPA and have a heart to heart with my main man Lee. I would say "Maine man," har har, but Lee insists on stayin' in Baltimore due to his burgeoning "relationship coaching" practice and all those MANS GROUPS he's got hisself involved with.

Lee's got the right idear, "no one;" if the old bag don't put out no mores, trade 'er in fer the newer model. Lee's on his fourth these days; finally got it right by pickin' someone 'bout a foot shorter'n him and a former employee to boot! That goes fer a lot in makin' sher the little woman knows how to treat her man, har har har!!

Lee will also be able ta tell ya a cotten-pickin' kaboodle 'bout what it means ta be a MAN and to rid yerself of yer wuss-loaded sniveling panty-waist ways. He knows the real-deal score on hows to get "past [the] veneer and finding a 'doorway' inside" to the true meaning of MAN POWER!!!

Virile to the core, and glad to pass it around,
Joseph W. Gauld, The Educator
« Last Edit: February 04, 2008, 11:51:23 AM by Joseph W. Gauld »

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 04, 2008, 03:15:23 PM »
Quote from: "tell me where it hurts"

Hey put up a poll:

Is Hyde a Cult?

Hey, good idea! Can one of you diehards do it?

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 04, 2008, 04:16:51 PM »
   Cult poll, Cult poll! Cult poll! Transmissions from Venus. I have to go fly my astral plane.

Tim O'Leary

Offline Joseph W. Gauld

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 04, 2008, 05:01:59 PM »
Quote from: "Mrs O'Leary's son"

Cult poll, Cult poll! Cult poll! Transmissions from Venus. I have to go fly my astral plane.

Tim O'Leary

Awright, Timmyboy, ya got yer wish!! Cult Poll link here:

http://fornits.com/smf/index.php?topic=25244.0

With fondest wishes for your well-being and hope fer yer Manhood,
Joseph W. Gauld, The Educator