Author Topic: Why the silence here about Thayer????  (Read 13346 times)

Offline believethekids

• View Profile
Why the silence here about Thayer????
« on: January 01, 2008, 05:09:53 PM »
The silence here is deafening.[/color] :cry:
 Please do not give up.
:exclaim:
If Thayer survivors and survivors' supporters give up and shut up, what chance is there that the GAO's "preliminary investigation" will move forward? If everyone gives up and shuts up, what would be the odds of Thayer getting shut down? [/color]  

Has anybody talked with any KC Star reporters lately, like Steve Rock :idea:  who has written several articles bringing concerns about Thayer to pubic attention?

For example:
[/color]
http://http://www.isaccorp.org/thayer/thayer-learning-center.11.08.07.html[/color]

Sincerely, from believe the kids, a supporter of Thayer survivors and human rights for all ::rose::
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »
quot;Let them rant and bloody and shatter. But know this: you were never alone. For all their slaughtering, I hid and protected your core. Every tear ever shed, every scream ever uttered, echoes in my heart. And at a time known only to me, I will make it right. . .\" (from book:  Sundering Undone, 2007, by K. Logan)

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Re: Why the silence here about Thayer????
« Reply #1 on: February 29, 2008, 05:03:15 PM »
I recently left TLC bootcamp. The place changed my life and so did the people there. What you hear isn't true. The people there are nothing but good. All they want to do is help. I think its crap that people like you are trying to close down a school and program that when done right, saves lives. Shame on you!

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 29, 2008, 05:13:07 PM »
Quote from: "Former Cadet"
I recently left TLC bootcamp. The place changed my life and so did the people there. What you hear isn't true. The people there are nothing but good. All they want to do is help. I think its crap that people like you are trying to close down a school and program that when done right, saves lives. Shame on you!
If the place is so good, why is the teenagers running all the time?

If the place is so good, why did Mr. Reyes not return home walking instead of lying inside a bag?

Just wondering

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2008, 07:17:45 PM »
Mr. Reyes died from a spider bite, not from abuse. The people at thayer want nothing but the best for all cadets there, thats why its open, for troubled kids to find their way again. I think it would be nice if the people that posted things on here had actually been there in person and been through the program the right way and that they are still on the right track and not screwed up again, because there are alot of us who have made it.
you can email me if you'd like or see me in person
I MADE IT AND TLC HELPED ME!

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2008, 07:19:48 PM »
and the kids that run away are the immature ones that haven't done their part to move up in the program, the kids that dont do it right and that arent ready to change, the kids that run also get caught and some end up doing well when they come back, i have seen a kid in the jr.staff part of the program run, get caught, come back, and end up doing well again, they try to run because their not ready, not because of abuse!

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 03, 2008, 11:49:10 PM »
Quote from: "former cadet"
Mr. Reyes died from a spider bite, not from abuse. The people at thayer want nothing but the best for all cadets there, thats why its open, for troubled kids to find their way again. I think it would be nice if the people that posted things on here had actually been there in person and been through the program the right way and that they are still on the right track and not screwed up again, because there are alot of us who have made it.

you've completely side-stepped an important aspect of his death. THEY IGNORED HIS SYMPTOMS. they let him die. he would be alive if they had sent him for medical attention. medical neglect. plain and simple. no justification.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 05, 2008, 06:46:16 AM »
Dear former cadet

What happened to the other boys that recently escaped? Are they still at thayer?
   How has Thayer changed?  You seem to know, Are the same drill sargeants nicer or are there different drill sargeants?
   Why do you think it changed?
    Do you think that Willa is afraid of the GAO and the FBI?  Do you think it will change back if she stops worrying?

wondering

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 07, 2008, 03:47:47 PM »
yes the cadets that recently escaped still are at thayer. Thayer has changed in that it is nicer to the cadets and so are the drill sergeants. They have always been motivating but now are more motivating than ever. I don't think she is worried about the GAO and the FBI. She is a good person and honest. And the secret to life without regret is integrity. And she has alot of it. As for completely ignoring Mr. Reye's symptoms, I dont believe it. Every night at TLC we filled out a sick report with complaints and the next day an EMT always came around and talked to you about your complaints and took you to the doctor if necessary.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 07, 2008, 04:59:24 PM »
Hey, wasn't the GAO investigating Thayer? Seems I read that somewhere.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 07, 2008, 05:54:06 PM »
Dear former cadet

I want to believe what you are saying is true but there are just too may former "cadets" who have reported that they were sick, told Miss Dorothy about it and were told to stop their pity party and were never sent to a doctor.  Some of them including kids you knew had broken arms that were not treated for many days after their arms were broken.  Reyes was never sent to the doctor or seen by a nurse even as he lay getting sicker and sicker over a period of more then a week.
   Didn't the kids who escaped beg to be taken to prison rather then back to Thayer?

Offline 001010

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 01, 2008, 12:23:15 PM »

Mr. Reyes? We're talking about a child here.   >:(

Roberto died from abuse, neglect, and denial medical attention. A spider bite kills you if it goes untreated after days and weeks of neglect. Reyes was abused. TLC WAS responsible. After complaining of illness, Reyes was forced to the ground and held there on several occasions, according to the Missouri Department of Social Services Investigative report. On one occasion, he had a 20-pound sandbag tied around his neck when he was too sick to exercise. There are also reports of him being incontinent and being punished for that as well.
[size=79]EST (Landmark/Lifespring/Discovery) \'83
Salesmanship Club \'84-\'86
Straight, Inc. \'86-\'88[/size]

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 01, 2008, 01:37:59 PM »
i would like to email you (or speak to you)...please let me know.

yes the cadets that recently escaped still are at thayer. Thayer has changed in that it is nicer to the cadets and so are the drill sergeants. They have always been motivating but now are more motivating than ever. I don't think she is worried about the GAO and the FBI. She is a good person and honest. And the secret to life without regret is integrity. And she has alot of it. As for completely ignoring Mr. Reye's symptoms, I dont believe it. Every night at TLC we filled out a sick report with complaints and the next day an EMT always came around and talked to you about your complaints and took you to the doctor if necessary.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 02, 2008, 07:28:16 PM »
Please look at this YouTube site.. and it won't let me comment       http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4hrTU8ZJ_Hk

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 22, 2008, 09:50:45 PM »

You mention that I can send an email to you. How do I do that?

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 25, 2008, 10:02:04 AM »
Willa Bundy has no integrity.  She covered her a## by altering those notes on Roberto Reyes. She didn't know that a low temperature could kill you and neither did Dorothy.   That's probably why she's no longer their medical person??  Why she's still employed is beyond me.  Tell me how you run a prison without license and monitoring?   I want to see documented proof and follow up of cadets that have graduated from there.  If its so great there should be .   I think they hated it so much and were humiliated so bad they just want to repress and forget about it.