Author Topic: Merry Christmas TO All Program Supporters!  (Read 6653 times)

Offline TheWho

• View Profile
Re: You have to be kidding me!
« Reply #15 on: December 26, 2007, 08:36:01 AM »
Quote from: ""Guest""
Quote from: ""lorrispickelmire""
I graduated a program that left me in an absolute state of clinical depression for years.  I left that place believing that no matter what I did in my life I would never be good enough, and that eventually I would be sentenced to an eternity of burning in the pits of hell for being unloveable and evil at heart.  I was told that any kind of confidence was vanity therefore I should practice self-loathing, self-hatred, etc.  This is how they helped me, by totally annialating my self-worth.  You can have their help, I don't have another 20 years to waste.

What program did you go to?

Montessori

Dam those French !!
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Merry Christmas TO All Program Supporters!
« Reply #16 on: December 26, 2007, 08:57:11 AM »
Have you ever actually seen the inside of a program before? The children are happy to be getting the help the need.

I have.

And, they sure in the hell were not!

The only thing I saw any of them happy about was doing their chores.

What NORMAL teenager's highlight of the day is doing chores?

Offline TheWho

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 26, 2007, 09:15:19 AM »
Have you ever actually seen the inside of a program before? The children are happy to be getting the help the need.

I have.

And, they sure in the hell were not!

The only thing I saw any of them happy about was doing their chores.

What NORMAL teenager's highlight of the day is doing chores?

Depends on the kids and the program.  Some kids enjoy the chores others do not.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 26, 2007, 09:36:52 AM »
I've got a "chore" for ya -- it's called fellatio.

Offline lorrispickelmire

• View Profile
Roloff Homes
« Reply #19 on: December 26, 2007, 02:10:29 PM »
I was in one of the 27 homes ran by Roloff and his staff members.  The list of homes these people ran may be bigger, but my current count is 27.  Sometimes Rebekah Girls Home (the one I was in) had as many as 300 girls and they were having to sleep girls on the floor because they were out of beds.  They have been charged with and in some cases convicted of abuse over and over again.  I remember my Christmas in the program and none of us were happy to be there, not a single one.  There may have been one or two who were safer there than they were at home, but that doesn't change the facts.  Several of the girls hidden away in the Roloff Homes were there strictly because their abusive parents didn't want anyone to find out about the abuse.  Great way to silence a person, totally cut them off from the rest of the world.  Our phone calls were monitored and disconnected if you said anything inappropriate, letters if you got them at all had big portions blocked out with a permanent marker.  Outgoing letters were read and if deemed inappropriate would get you a beating and would never make it to your parents, so I guess it is no wonder we weren't happy.  We were treated worse than prisoners of war.  BIG HELP!
quot;It will be found an unjust and unwise jealousy to deprive a man of his natural liberty upon the supposition he may abuse it.\"
                                        George Washington

Offline TheWho

• View Profile
Re: Roloff Homes
« Reply #20 on: December 26, 2007, 05:55:37 PM »
I was in one of the 27 homes ran by Roloff and his staff members.  The list of homes these people ran may be bigger, but my current count is 27.  Sometimes Rebekah Girls Home (the one I was in) had as many as 300 girls and they were having to sleep girls on the floor because they were out of beds.  They have been charged with and in some cases convicted of abuse over and over again.  I remember my Christmas in the program and none of us were happy to be there, not a single one.  There may have been one or two who were safer there than they were at home, but that doesn't change the facts.  Several of the girls hidden away in the Roloff Homes were there strictly because their abusive parents didn't want anyone to find out about the abuse.  Great way to silence a person, totally cut them off from the rest of the world.  Our phone calls were monitored and disconnected if you said anything inappropriate, letters if you got them at all had big portions blocked out with a permanent marker.  Outgoing letters were read and if deemed inappropriate would get you a beating and would never make it to your parents, so I guess it is no wonder we weren't happy.  We were treated worse than prisoners of war.  BIG HELP!

Sorry to hear that, I couldnt imagine that going on today.  These are the types of places we should be notifying parents of.  Many schools today offer independent Therapists who are not part of the school system/program to insure the children get the proper support and a clear conduit of information back home.
Seems we have made progress but there is still more to do.

Offline TheWho

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 26, 2007, 06:38:02 PM »
One of the many positive aspects of talking about the programs of the past is that it gives us all a "frame of reference" (or Benchmark).   As the schools continue to evolve and improve we will be able to use this past information to measure how far we have come since then and to look upon the techniques which have failed and those which have succeeded.

Offline Botched Programming

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 26, 2007, 06:43:22 PM »
Quote from: ""TheWho""
One of the many positive aspects of talking about the programs of the past[/color] is that it gives us all a "frame of reference" (or Benchmark).   As the schools continue to evolve and improve we will be able to use this past information to measure how far we have come since then and to look upon the techniques which have failed and those which have succeeded.

How far back are you calling the past..... Again it's not decades like you try to put the impression in parent's minds... I gave you proof of it only being a year or little more from the Growing Together news article.

So it's not of the past.... It still happens present day.

Offline TheWho

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 26, 2007, 06:52:53 PM »
Quote from: ""Botched Programming""
One of the many positive aspects of talking about the programs of the past[/color] is that it gives us all a "frame of reference" (or Benchmark).   As the schools continue to evolve and improve we will be able to use this past information to measure how far we have come since then and to look upon the techniques which have failed and those which have succeeded.

How far back are you calling the past..... Again it's not decades like you try to put the impression in parent's minds... I gave you proof of it only being a year or little more from the Growing Together news article.

So it's not of the past.... It still happens present day.

The past is ten minutes ago!!  it is also 30 years ago.  Many of the stories occurred 30 years ago and there have been monumental changes done, in some areas, since then... other areas have changed very little.
It is important to try to distinguish between what is happening today and what is obsolete and just stories of the past when trying to determine if a TBS is the right approach for your child.
I know many parents here get confused with reading some of the stories and then later come to realize they don’t reflect today’s school practices/procedures and is basically obsolete information intended to dissuade or paint the industry all one color.

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 26, 2007, 07:17:15 PM »

The past is ten minutes ago!!  it is also 30 years ago. Many of the stories occurred 30 years ago and there have been monumental changes done, in some areas, since then... other areas have changed very little.
It is important to try to distinguish between what is happening today and what is obsolete and just stories of the past when trying to determine if a TBS is the right approach for your child.
I know many parents here get confused with reading some of the stories and then later come to realize they don’t reflect today’s school practices/procedures and is basically obsolete information intended to dissuade or paint the industry all one color.

Part 1: You tend to want to make the "Past" some sort of referrence for your pro-program propaganda to sway the parents to believe your words are like that of Jesus Christ.... Nothing but truth.... And this is almost impossible when you can't even admit that abuse still happens in programs today which there are articles out there, but buried so deep by Ed-Cons such as yourself that it makes it almost impossible for parents to find the truth.

Part 2: Yes.... Many stories are from people who were in a program 20+ years ago, however we are the pioneers for getting the truth out and letting people know what it is really like. For many of us it has taken years and the movement of the Internet for us to unite against the abusers, and well come to grips with the fact we did not deserve the abuse we endured.

Part 3: Again the abuse still happens today. Unfortunately the kids do not know about Fornits as the programs are not going to tell them about it. Also it may take years for the manipulative brainwashing to wear off, so therefore they have this little program-bot that walks out speaking cult-speak and unable to return to the normality they once knew before entering the walls of their personal Dachau. Once a child is put in one of these places, they die inside and come out something else.

Part 4: When parents come here, yes they get confused when a Program Sales Person is here doing a little song and dance trying to disrupt the truth about our experiences in hopes that you can persuade them in your direction. We did not choose to be sent of and be abused, however that is what happened and many of us still have not recovered emotionally and the sad part is many of us never will.

You want us to accept your program pushing, however you do not want to accept what we went through and do not want us to let parents know and allow them to hear our truths.

Abuse is happening in programs all around at this very minute. Look at the facts.

Offline lorrispickelmire

• View Profile
Programs of the Past?
« Reply #25 on: December 26, 2007, 07:17:44 PM »
We are not talking about programs of the PAST!  There are 10 Roloff related homes still operating, not to mention other facilities of the same ilk.  Play it off like things have gotten better if that makes it easier for you to sleep at night, but the fact of the matter is that these places have been running the same since the 50's.  It is about breaking a teenager's sense of who they are to create what you want them to be.  The leader of Hephzibah House says that it may require beatings of two hours in duration to break a child's will and that you should start using the rod on a child in infancy!  His home is still open and I can prove this with his own literature if you would like.  The Roloff homes are connected to other programs now, and they have gotten worse not better.  

The people who ran the Bethesda Home for girls and Mt. Park are worth over 40 million dollars, and I would be happy to provide proof of this as well for anyone who doubts it.  These places are about bilking parents out of their money.  A lot of the money that was made from the Roloff homes in the 60's and 70's was from the selling of babies which Roloff boasted about from the pulpit, and can also be proven by his own words.  They still have maternity homes in hiding and are still forcing young women to sign over their children.  

There is no good or safe program that incarcerates children without due process.  Paying someone to come into your home and drag your child off to one of these places is the same kind of trauma the Jewish people faced when removed from their homes in the middle of the night and were loaded on cattle cars.  We all know how that turned out for them.  Unless you care to debate the actuality of abuse during the Holocaust as well.

I would not be here on fornits rehashing pain of the past if they had stopped incarcerating kids in these places.  I am not here to find help for myself.  I am here to be a voice for kids that our society has rendered voiceless.  I am here to fight for our children's rights to a life free of abuse.  I am here to take a stand against the worst injustice our country has ever allowed, and I am not going away until children are given the same basic rights we give to prisoners in this country.  We protect criminals from their captors and give them every opportunity to avoid confinement while we throw away our kids without even the slightest thought for their protection.  

This is not  a problem of the past, it is a crisis of the future.  Most of the children in these places are from upper middle class and wealthy families (only one's who can afford it anymore)  This is the same group that our politicians and leaders come from on a majority, and if you break the minds of these kids, you sign a death warrant on your own freedom in the future.  [/b]
quot;It will be found an unjust and unwise jealousy to deprive a man of his natural liberty upon the supposition he may abuse it.\"
                                        George Washington

Offline lorrispickelmire

• View Profile
Proof abuse still goes on!
« Reply #26 on: December 26, 2007, 07:26:40 PM »
I just posted proof on another thread less than a week ago that a girl held in a facility in Texarkana was sexually assaulted by staff, causing the State of Texas to remove the five children they had placed in that facility.  This all happened within the last couple of weeks, so really how long ago is the past?
                                        George Washington

• View Profile
Re: Proof abuse still goes on!
« Reply #27 on: December 26, 2007, 07:37:23 PM »
I just posted proof on another thread less than a week ago that a girl held in a facility in Texarkana was sexually assaulted by staff, causing the State of Texas to remove the five children they had placed in that facility.  This all happened within the last couple of weeks, so really how long ago is the past?

As with TheWho's double talk here is his answer.

The past is ten minutes ago!! it is also 30 years ago.

And Hey Who.... If these TBS's are so glorious, why aren't other parents on here posting????

Could it be that they are not that good or you are scared that they will see the truth????

Offline TheWho

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: December 26, 2007, 08:36:54 PM »

I don’t think anyone is disputing that sexual assaults happen.  It happens at home, in church, the childs friends house etc.  We are well aware that it is a huge problem in the public school system with assaults being reported every week.  This is going to happen anywhere children are.  But there doesn’t seem to be a systemic problem with Therapeutic Boarding schools or Wilderness programs.  They have proven to be a safe haven because many of the staff are younger adults pursuing a career in the mental health field.  Sexual assaults on minors typically are done by adults which are much older and outside the mental health industry (adults without formal training in mental health).

This problem isn’t going to go away anytime soon until we can accurately predict the profile of these sexual predators and implement better screening.

Offline TheWho

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: December 26, 2007, 09:41:06 PM »
Quote from: "Botched Programming"
And Hey Who.... If these TBS's are so glorious, why aren't other parents on here posting????

Could it be that they are not that good or you are scared that they will see the truth????

Easy answer…… first of all parents come on here to gain information about the industry and options available to them at a time when their family is in crisis.  
After the child graduates the families typically move on and wouldn’t seek out a site, like fornits, to discuss their successes…how do I know?  Log onto any industries site and if they have a forum for customer feedback glance over the topics and read some of the entries or if you were able to answer a few of the phone calls that “Customer serviceâ€