Author Topic: From the YLF Blog: Season’s Greetings…  (Read 829 times)

Offline hurrikayne

• View Profile
From the YLF Blog: Season’s Greetings…
« on: December 24, 2007, 11:37:28 AM »
I’d like to wish you a very Merry Christmas, and a most wondrous New Year.  As for me, I’ve finished baking (okay, my husband baked…) & decorating the cookies with the kids, I’ve gotten the last of the necessary presents purchased, they are now wrapped & under the tree.  I’m as ready as I’m going to get.

As you sit there, reading this, some child in a program is alone and depressed.  I was one once.  I do not recall getting a present.  I do recall spending that Christmas with a family from the program, it was probably the best meal I’ve ever had.  I recall feeling unwanted, unloved, saddened that my family couldn’t be bothered with me.  This is very likely a distortion of the truth of the matter.  Very likely my family couldn’t afford a plane ticket, let alone the gas to come down & get me.  That was not addressed though.  I was left to assume whatever I would.  In that state, a child assumes the most depressing and bleakest scenario.

I asked Aaron if he’d like to share anything specific about Christmas in a program…he had this to say, “If you’ve ever had the desire to see a child’s eyes glazed over with depression and defeat the best opportunity is to visit a program near you at Christmas.â€
« Last Edit: July 01, 2008, 09:11:55 PM by hurrikayne »
"Motivation is everything. You can do the work of two people, but you can\'t be two people. Instead, you have to inspire the next guy down the line and get him to inspire his people. " - Lee Iacocca

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 24, 2007, 11:52:02 AM »
I was sent to a program on the 21st of Dec. I have a hard time around this time of year. I hate to think of all the children suffering and at this point all I am capable of doing is posting some of my experiences here. I wish I was more powerful and could affect real change for the children. Best of luck to hurrikayne. To give children hope is a wonderful gift. I remember having none and accepting my cirimstances as very bleek indeed. I would have been very happy to see protesters!!
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline Che Gookin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 24, 2007, 12:07:58 PM »
All you need is a sign and some time. Go for it..
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »