Author Topic: Bad Medicine/Hermitage Hall, Nashville, TN  (Read 1474 times)

Offline ZenAgent

• View Profile
    • http://www.freepowerboards.com/strugglingppl/index.php
Bad Medicine/Hermitage Hall, Nashville, TN
« on: December 23, 2007, 06:16:57 AM »
The reporter drove right past this place on her way to work until the Nashville Scene moved their offices, never knowing what the place was.  Definitely "under the radar".  Ms. Ulrich recently wrote an article on Chad, she's doing some great investigative reporting in TN.

I've already written about the TDMHDD and the problems my wife and I had with their field investigator's apathy.  Ms. Ulrich seems to be encountering the same stonewall with them. The department is beyond negligent, and the TN  Board for Licensing Health Care Facilities has issued audits from 1996-2003 blasting the TDMHDD's gross negligence, citing:

Abuse/Neglect Complaints Not Always Investigated in a Timely Manner According to the Health Care Facilities Division’s timeliness standard, staff did not investigate 18 percent of a sample of abuse and/or neglect complaints in a timely manner. Failure to promptly investigate an abuse or neglect complaint could reduce the chance of substantiating that complaint because bruises or bedsores heal, facilities correct problems that would have warranted investigators’ citing deficiencies, or witnesses’ accounts of events become cloudy or unsure.

Lack of Legal Staff Resulted in Delays in
    Action on Abuse and Neglect Cases

Range of Enforcement Actions Available Too Limited
    Some types of health care facilities must commit violations serious enough to warrant suspension or revocation before the board can take any action. Facilities with violations that do not warrant such actions simply have to submit a plan of correction. State civil penalties, which apparently could have been imposed against a number of facilities over the last few years, are not being used, and, in any case, are only allowed by statute to be used against deficient nursing homes and in very limited cases against assisted-care
    living facilities.

Noncompliance With and Limitations in the Law Lessen the Effectiveness of the Abuse Registry[/list]

http://www.nashvillescene.com/Stories/N ... _Medicine/

Bad Medicine

A Nashville youth facility is a nightmare for kids, staffers say, but the state’s licensing body sees no cause for concern

by Elizabeth Ulrich

In a smattering of red brick buildings at the bottom of a hill on Eighth Avenue South, a few blocks away from the bustle of Wedgewood Avenue, sits Hermitage Hall—a Nashville treatment program for male sex offenders ages 9 to 17. With nearly 100 sexually abusive boys housed within the seemingly quiet buildings, Hermitage Hall is one of the largest service providers of its kind in the country.

The facility’s brochure outlines this simple mission: “At Hermitage Hall, finding hope for children is what we do every day.â€
    « Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »
    \"Allah does not love the public utterance of hurtful speech, unless it be by one to whom injustice has been done; and Allah is Hearing, Knowing\" - The Qur\'an

\"I\'m there to handle kids that are psychotic, suicidal, homicidal, or have commited felonies. Oh yeah, I am also there to take them down when they are rowdy so the nurse can give them the booty juice.\"

Offline Che Gookin

• Global Moderator
      • View Profile
    Bad Medicine/Hermitage Hall, Nashville, TN
    « Reply #1 on: December 23, 2007, 06:41:41 AM »
    I know a guy who went to work there from Three Springs.
    « Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »