Author Topic: survivor of kids trying to heal needs readers and advice  (Read 1425 times)

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
survivor of kids trying to heal needs readers and advice
« on: December 16, 2007, 10:29:16 PM »
i am working on a paper for school about k of bc and what it represents socially and i was wishing for readers and comments. i was a fellow victim 85-86. its a research paper and it is still very much a work in progress. the working title is

Might makes right and other ideological stances that contribute to the current violence or how I learned to love the shock and awe
http://despinasophia.wordpress.com

in an ongoing attempt to heal--sometimes the ptsd hits hard---i went back to school. im writing this paper for a research writing class and though its raw and disturbing, the act of making it a solid composition is providing an interesting distance and perspective. maybe empowering? i hesitate not sure if thats really the right word--

i have been dreaming about a collection of voices speaking out since i began the project, feeling like that program shut me up for too long , i wonder if others feel the same way.

i also want to here if anyone has healed well and what they recommend.
please-the dread debility and tears dont let up--its been 22 years

sincerely,
d
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline stina

• View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2007, 02:25:54 PM »
Hey, I was at RMA in northern Idaho from 1990 to 1993. Read your website and just want to give you a hug. So many people feel how you feel (to some degree I guess, even though we share a similar experience, it's all so deeply personal). I don't think that (my experience anyway) it was as brutal as what you describe on your website (gave me chills) but it was based on the Synanon thing, CEDU/RMA, started by Mel Wasserman, who was a part of Synanon, before he decided he was fit to start the scools for "troubled" children. I'm not sure what you're looking for, but if you have any specific questions, I'd be happy to answer or just to talk.

I think writing that paper will definitely help...make no mistake, it will be b r u t a l, but it will help.

I'd really like to hear how you escaped.
I used to be Snow White but I drifted.

Offline dishdutyfugitive

• View Profile
    • http://www.foxmovies.com/fightclub/
« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2007, 03:02:16 PM »
pompa gira

That is very well written. You rock.