Author Topic: Merry Christmas !!!!!!!!!!!!  (Read 2368 times)

Offline dishdutyfugitive

• View Profile
    • http://www.foxmovies.com/fightclub/
Merry Christmas !!!!!!!!!!!!
« Reply #15 on: December 22, 2007, 09:59:19 AM »
Yeah, I'm sure they forgave him but they just don't tell him that. I'm sure they don't act cold and shutdown and materialistic.

I'm sure it's the kid's fault.

You know what christmas is? It's the celebration of the birth of a dude with a beard who turned water into wine. It's the time of year that gives walmart a big fat boner.

You don't need a hyper consumptive holiday based on religious fairytales to tell your friends and family you love them and spend time with them.

We shouldn't be out shopping and generating landfill....we should be down at the homeless shelter giving a helping hand to the downtrodden.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline Oz girl

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 22, 2007, 10:02:51 AM »
Quote from: ""TheWho""
Quote from: ""Guest""
Happy pagan winter solstice celebration that the Christian church absorbed into their rituals (hence the decorating of a tree,) in order to secure their dominance over the human mind!

Isnt it all so beautiful, though!!  Whatever it stands for it makes people very happy all over the world and that is what really counts.

Have a nice holiday!! and celebrate appropriately
vomit

I agree that it is beautiful. Why not just eat yourself stupid, wrestle a family member to the floor after airing grievances. Bribe the kids with santa/ a witch or whatever and celebrate life!!!! Perhaps this is why we invented religion. For the parties. Im all for it

Oz girl

Thats so sad, doesnt seem like many people enjoy the holidays here.  It is good time to get together with family and catch up on the past year with those you dont contact very often.  Gifts and airing grievances dont need to be part of it, we can all define and celebrate it in our own way.

Actually I was being glib about a day i love (including the mild disfunction that is inherent in any human family) but as per usual you missed the point. Perhaps from a program standpoint it is not a worthwhile day if everybody does not joylessly "share their feelings" refuse to open any bubbly because they are in recovery and break Jrs toys because they are indulged and manipulative.

To everyone else I wish joy and happiness on a day that is really a celebration of life with all it's warts. So hug your annoying nana, spoil the kids rotten, drink too much, gorge on turkey and seafood and then breathe a sigh of relief that it is over for another year ::birthday::
n case you\'re worried about what\'s going to become of the younger generation, it\'s going to grow up and start worrying about the younger generation.-Roger Allen

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 22, 2007, 04:51:17 PM »
Quote from: ""TheWho""
Happy pagan winter solstice celebration that the Christian church absorbed into their rituals (hence the decorating of a tree,) in order to secure their dominance over the human mind!

Isnt it all so beautiful, though!!  Whatever it stands for it makes people very happy all over the world and that is what really counts.

Have a nice holiday!! and celebrate appropriately
vomit

I agree that it is beautiful. Why not just eat yourself stupid, wrestle a family member to the floor after airing grievances. Bribe the kids with santa/ a witch or whatever and celebrate life!!!! Perhaps this is why we invented religion. For the parties. Im all for it

Oz girl

Thats so sad, doesnt seem like many people enjoy the holidays here.  It is good time to get together with family and catch up on the past year with those you dont contact very often.  Gifts and airing grievances dont need to be part of it, we can all define and celebrate it in our own way.

Yeah, the cutomary Christmas "airing of grievences"  at the family members you don't see very often. Holidays in a programie houshold :roll:  :roll:

Offline dishdutyfugitive

• View Profile
    • http://www.foxmovies.com/fightclub/
« Reply #18 on: December 23, 2007, 02:30:36 AM »
glibness

is next to godliness