Author Topic: Merry Christmas !!!!!!!!!!!!  (Read 2375 times)

Offline Botched Programming

• View Profile
Merry Christmas !!!!!!!!!!!!
« on: December 20, 2007, 02:33:11 PM »
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

• View Profile
White Trash Christmas
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2007, 06:45:36 PM »

Offline Oz girl

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2007, 05:21:16 AM »
And many Festivus miracles to all.
« Last Edit: December 21, 2007, 06:32:02 PM by Guest »
n case you\'re worried about what\'s going to become of the younger generation, it\'s going to grow up and start worrying about the younger generation.-Roger Allen

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 21, 2007, 10:01:25 AM »
Happy pagan winter solstice celebration that the Christian church absorbed into their rituals (hence the decorating of a tree,) in order to secure their dominance over the human mind!

Offline TheWho

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 21, 2007, 10:08:51 AM »
Quote from: ""Guest""
Happy pagan winter solstice celebration that the Christian church absorbed into their rituals (hence the decorating of a tree,) in order to secure their dominance over the human mind!

Isnt it all so beautiful, though!!  Whatever it stands for it makes people very happy all over the world and that is what really counts.

Have a nice holiday!! and celebrate appropriately

• View Profile
Santa Baby !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
« Reply #5 on: December 21, 2007, 04:56:02 PM »

Offline dishdutyfugitive

• View Profile
    • http://www.foxmovies.com/fightclub/
« Reply #6 on: December 21, 2007, 05:18:34 PM »
Tis the season to air the greivances and repair major household appliances.

Also, I lived in Europe for awhile. Their Santa Folklore is hilarious in that they have Zwarte piet. (Black pete.)
Often portrayed as a mischievous or even mean character, parents used to tell their children that if they have been good, Zwarte Piet will bring them gifts and sweets; but if they have been bad, Piet will scoop them up, stuff them in his huge dufflebag and spirit them away to Spain.

Zwarte piet is Santa's african slave. We americans opted for white midget vulcans aka elves. What's crazier?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Black_Peter

Offline Oz girl

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 21, 2007, 06:22:21 PM »
In some parts of Italy they also have a witch that gives children lollies at xmas and on the feast of the epiphany (12th day of xmas). She too is supposed to kidnap the naughty ones or give coal. I can remember being like 5 visiting the italian relatives and being taken to see her the way we take kids to santa. i was terrified as she was deliberately ugly and witch like. I remember being told by a somewhat twisted relative that if I misbehaved she would take me away and give me to gypsies.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/La_Befana
n case you\'re worried about what\'s going to become of the younger generation, it\'s going to grow up and start worrying about the younger generation.-Roger Allen

Offline Ursus

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 21, 2007, 06:36:34 PM »
Oy, the gypsies always got a bad rap.  Too wild and misunderstood, everything bad or suspect was heaped on them in blame...  When I lived in Europe, there was a semi-permanent camp of them just across the river from us.
-------------- • -------------- • --------------

Offline dishdutyfugitive

• View Profile
    • http://www.foxmovies.com/fightclub/
« Reply #9 on: December 21, 2007, 08:29:23 PM »
Please Gypsy - fear me not, give me just one tear.

-Borat

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 22, 2007, 03:16:44 AM »

Isnt it all so beautiful, though!!  Whatever it stands for it makes people very happy all over the world and that is what really counts.

vomit

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 22, 2007, 04:28:53 AM »

vomit

I agree that it is beautiful. Why not just eat yourself stupid, wrestle a family member to the floor after airing grievances. Bribe the kids with santa/ a witch or whatever and celebrate life!!!! Perhaps this is why we invented religion. For the parties. Im all for it

Oz girl

Offline TheWho

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 22, 2007, 09:15:29 AM »

vomit

I agree that it is beautiful. Why not just eat yourself stupid, wrestle a family member to the floor after airing grievances. Bribe the kids with santa/ a witch or whatever and celebrate life!!!! Perhaps this is why we invented religion. For the parties. Im all for it

Oz girl

Thats so sad, doesnt seem like many people enjoy the holidays here.  It is good time to get together with family and catch up on the past year with those you dont contact very often.  Gifts and airing grievances dont need to be part of it, we can all define and celebrate it in our own way.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 22, 2007, 09:24:29 AM »
there is no family left after your parents send you off! it is sad and it is the parents fault and unless of until they are willing to appologize and accept some resposibility, they will not see their grandchildren grow up. And sadly for some parents this is exactaly what they wanted to be free and clear of any family, hence shipping child off for a 'bad' attitude in the first place.

Offline TheWho

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 22, 2007, 09:48:56 AM »
there is no family left after your parents send you off! it is sad and it is the parents fault and unless of until they are willing to appologize and accept some resposibility, they will not see their grandchildren grow up. And sadly for some parents this is exactaly what they wanted to be free and clear of any family, hence shipping child off for a 'bad' attitude in the first place.

I am sure they have forgiven you long ago, but it usually takes kids longer to get past things.  When you become an adult you will realize how short life is and put it all behind you.