Author Topic: They have hit a new low!!!!! 6-12  (Read 3112 times)

Offline lorrispickelmire

• View Profile
They have hit a new low!!!!! 6-12
« on: December 20, 2007, 01:11:06 AM »
http://www.livinghope.com/child.htm

Living Hope's Child program offers psychiatric and substance abuse treatment to children, ages 6-12. Upon admission, each child receives a comprehensive physical and mental evaluation. Our multi-disciplinary team uses the assessment results to develop an individualized treatment plan for each child. In turn, each child participates in the various program components that are tailored to that patient's individual treatment needs.

I am sure there are tons of out of control druggie six year olds out there, give me a break.  This place is in Texarkana.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »
quot;It will be found an unjust and unwise jealousy to deprive a man of his natural liberty upon the supposition he may abuse it.\"
                                        George Washington

Offline lorrispickelmire

• View Profile
quot;It will be found an unjust and unwise jealousy to deprive a man of his natural liberty upon the supposition he may abuse it.\"
                                        George Washington

Offline lorrispickelmire

• View Profile
                                        George Washington

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2007, 01:52:28 AM »
yeah, ive been doing research on these places. There are a number of places that take kids that young. I just read about an "all year facility" that starts taking kids at 7. they promise to teach the 7 year olds the value of hard work

Offline HG

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 20, 2007, 02:07:22 AM »
Seems some of these TBSes have programs, seminar workshop type deals, for middle schoolers.  Not as intense, not round the clock, but I guess its to get the kids in the mood.
 :rofl:

Offline Nihilanthic

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 20, 2007, 03:16:26 AM »
LOCATION.

WANT IT RAIDED? DELIVER!
DannyB on the internet:I CALLED A LAWYER TODAY TO SEE IF I COULD SUE YOUR ASSES FOR DOING THIS BUT THAT WAS NOT POSSIBLE.

CCMGirl on program restraints: "DON\'T TAZ ME BRO!!!!!"

TheWho on program survivors: "From where I sit I see all the anit-program[sic] people doing all the complaining and crying."

Offline Oz girl

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 20, 2007, 03:33:22 AM »
lets not forget majestic Ranch!
n case you\'re worried about what\'s going to become of the younger generation, it\'s going to grow up and start worrying about the younger generation.-Roger Allen

Offline lorrispickelmire

• View Profile
Already In The Works.
« Reply #7 on: December 20, 2007, 03:42:34 AM »
Raid is taken care of, but the great state of Texass needs to get a clue!  You don't pull the kids you put there and leave the rest to fend for themselves.  Especially when the program takes kids as young as six.
                                        George Washington

Offline Che Gookin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 20, 2007, 09:12:45 PM »
Quote from: ""Nihilanthic""
LOCATION.

WANT IT RAIDED? DELIVER!

please.. whatever.. you can't even go down the street to raid a teen challenge.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Re: Already In The Works.
« Reply #9 on: December 21, 2007, 10:09:24 AM »
Quote from: ""lorrispickelmire""
Raid is taken care of, but the great state of Texass needs to get a clue!  You don't pull the kids you put there and leave the rest to fend for themselves.  Especially when the program takes kids as young as six.

There should be a law that one CANNOT consider institutionalizing a kid until they are 18. Sorry, the parents have an obligation to raise the being they brought into the world. At that point, if a kid is really so screwed up that they need to be institutionalized, they should be granted due process where the state/ parent is obligated to prove they are an immediate danger to themselves.

The mentally challenged are the only ones who should be candidates for some sort of assisted living program AFTER 18, and even then it should be volentary, and grant the individual regualr human rights.

Offline TheWho

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 21, 2007, 10:21:36 AM »
Quote from: ""Guest""

There should be a law that one CANNOT consider institutionalizing a kid until they are 18. Sorry, the parents have an obligation to raise the being they brought into the world. At that point, if a kid is really so screwed up that they need to be institutionalized, they should be granted due process where the state/ parent is obligated to prove they are an immediate danger to themselves.

The mentally challenged are the only ones who should be candidates for some sort of assisted living program AFTER 18, and even then it should be volentary, and grant the individual regualr human rights.

Great point, I think you would get a lot of support for this.  I for one am against institutionalizing kids for the sake of convenience.  If we could reverse the use of daycare systems and "all day" public school programs and start getting families back together it would go a long way in raising family values in our youth of tomorrow.
If we could give financial incentives for one parent to stay home and further incentives to partially home school the kids this would be a big step in the reversal and getting back to our roots of being a family again.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 21, 2007, 08:49:28 PM »
Quote from: ""TheWho""
Quote from: ""Guest""

Great point, I think you would get a lot of support for this.  I for one am against institutionalizing kids for the sake of convenience.  If we could reverse the use of daycare systems and "all day" public school programs and start getting families back together it would go a long way in raising family values in our youth of tomorrow.
If we could give financial incentives for one parent to stay home and further incentives to partially home school the kids this would be a big step in the reversal and getting back to our roots of being a family again.

More confusing and obfuscating, industry shill who works for BAIN CAPITAL which owns CRC HEALTH which owns ASPEN EDUCATION located in Newton mass which was owned, started, and currently funds presidential candidate Mitt Romney?

If anyone is so confused they can't see the difference between daycare & public school, and an institution where deficient 7 year olds are sent to live as prisoners, in a year round residential “treatmentâ€

Offline TheWho

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 21, 2007, 09:35:20 PM »
An institution is an institution.  I think they should start by taking a good look at our daycare system and why parents are off loading their kids at an early age.  I think this is a more widespread problem then the over night places.
If incentives could be made this may help to get one parent to stay in the household.  It is a good point.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 21, 2007, 10:33:22 PM »
Quote from: "Guest"
If anyone is so confused they can't see the difference between daycare & public school, and an institution where deficient 7 year olds are sent to live as prisoners, in a year round residential “treatmentâ€

Offline jjpinks

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 21, 2007, 10:44:12 PM »
My boys are 7 and 9 years old. If you think for one skinny second that I would EVER consider sending them off to be abused in the name of "treatment" you have got to be out of your freakin skull!!! And I dare anyone ever try to tell me that I should.  :flame:

And really, what could a child that young do to make a parent even think of sending their baby off? It was bad enough being 14 and being sent off, I could not imagine what I would have become if I was all of 7 and got sent away from my home, family, school, siblings, etc...
quot;Of course life is bizarre, the more bizarre it gets, the more interesting it is. The only way to approach it is to make yourself some popcorn and enjoy the show.\"

I have opinions of my own -- strong opinions -- but I don\'t always agree with them. - George Bush