Author Topic: i need help with abuse, please HELP  (Read 825 times)

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
i need help with abuse, please HELP
« on: December 12, 2007, 05:21:06 AM »
i am inquiring about a girl being abused by a hospital. It's not a program ,as far as I know.

At 13, somehow or other, she became pregnant. Her father forced her to give the child up. Supposedly, she had an emotional break-down, afterward. The father had her instituionalized.

Recently, my mother saw her at a funeral. She was holding a doll....and trailed by nurses. She is still in that institution all these years later. She is now 40 years old.

It's obvious this is a "normal" young woman who was institutionalized. What can I do about this. I can't help her personally. I would like to get her info to some sort of organization that can advocate on her behalf
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline Che Gookin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2007, 06:44:23 AM »
:(

I have absolutely no clue what suggestions to give you, but I still feel the need to post. I hate seeing posts like this drop off the forum.

Please someone.. if you can think of something please suggest it.

What state does this woman live in?

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2007, 08:37:28 AM »
If this woman had a mental break from reality at the young age of 13-14  and is being intitutionalized at a reputable mental intitution; this does not necessarily mean that she is being abused.
This by no means excuses the father's past actions.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2007, 03:55:29 AM »
this forum moves so fast....
I'll contact those people.
This woman didn;t have a break with reality, unless it was induced by her environment.

Don't you think you could break with reality if you were institutionalized at age 13. And remember, as bad as hospitals are now, how do you think they were 40 years ago? Back then, even as an ADULT, you had no right to due process if the "professionals" feel that you should be kept against your will

I will contact those people
and post more info about the location of the institution as i get the info from the interested parties.

This is the ultimate example of how programs ruin lives. Imagine how many kids would end up in programs until they die if they weren't so expensive, were paid for by insurence, and the parents had a vested interest in keeping their kids in.

Offline Che Gookin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 19, 2007, 07:46:03 PM »
anything yet?