Author Topic: psy  (Read 19320 times)

Offline dishdutyfugitive

• View Profile
    • http://www.foxmovies.com/fightclub/
psy
« Reply #135 on: December 23, 2007, 11:59:42 AM »
any one with functioning gray matter has contemplated ending it.

woe is you. one day you will lose someone tragically and you'll look back to this time, when you talked shit. you'll wish you could take it back

you can't take it back. as your life crumbles around you, you'll desperately scramble. You'll try to escape, you'll want a do over. there will be no escape. instead your pangs will be pangy. your regret will be bigger than life.

it will be just you and your regret. The biggest black hole imaginable. All that weight forcing itself on to 1 square inch. Then it explodes. Fueled by infinite, white hot  suffocation.

i've seen fire and i've seen rain
i've seen sunny days that i thought would never end
but I always thought that I'd see you again.g
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
psy
« Reply #136 on: December 23, 2007, 12:22:42 PM »
Well it's a good thing I don't care about anyone then, isn't it?

Offline dishdutyfugitive

• View Profile
    • http://www.foxmovies.com/fightclub/
psy
« Reply #137 on: December 23, 2007, 12:32:55 PM »
what's even gooderer is that no one cares that you don't care.

have you ever been high as fuck?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i2spZ-NDfS4

Offline stina

• View Profile
psy
« Reply #138 on: December 23, 2007, 01:58:07 PM »
double post, found a better way of putting it. Sorry kids.
« Last Edit: December 24, 2007, 12:40:03 AM by Guest »
I used to be Snow White but I drifted.

Offline stina

• View Profile
psy
« Reply #139 on: December 23, 2007, 02:01:31 PM »
Quote from: ""Guest""
Quote from: ""stina""
Quote from: ""TheWho""
........ Yeah he probably was suffering prior to Benchmark, but the POINT IS that Benchmark did not help him. Obviously. I don't know what happened on that day, but that's NOT the point. These places are supposed to help children, they're not supposed to be just a holding pen, or worse a place for impotent adults to find some kind of power. And your weak Mcdonalds comparison, well, working somewhere voluntarily and being placed somewhere against your will with your civil rights ripped away from you and no one to count on are completely different animals.

The McDonalds wasn’t a good analogy, I agree.  The point I was trying to make was the guy showed up at Benchmark and he was suicidal and eventually committed suicide.  I can see that it is determined that Benchmark did not help him enough to prevent this, but they cant be held responsible for his death.  We don’t know what triggered it… a letter from his girl friend or phone call from a family member, staff member not being compassionate etc.  It could be anything, so this isn’t a death we can attribute to the program, friend, staff member, boss at his job....

Right...and you know this HOW? You make all sorts of statements like they're fact, but the reality is that most of us didn't know George, we don't know what his state of mind was when sent to Benchmark, or who he was as a person, he may or may not have been suicidal, but without all of the facts you absolutely CANNOT absolve Benchmark for whatever their responsibility may be.

I don't know what your deal is, why do you have such a raging hard on to try to deflect any accountability these programs should take for the havoc and cruelty and pain they've wreaked on minors? I got lucky in the sense in that I was never sexually abused, or beaten, or restrained, and after the first year spent at RMA I decided to just deal with it and try to come out of there with something worthwhile. And I did. And I didn't. I have good friends from there to this day. At the same time, those places change the way your mind works. Period. It's hard to come back out into the real world. Adjustment sucks, especially when the school does nothing to prepare you for post-graduation life, they actually expect you to fall flat on your face and you're not allowed to have any contact with your friends still at the school for 6 months. I'm sorry, but isn't that just a tad hypocritical?

Whatever, I've rambled at you long enough. I just don't understand how you can read some of the posts on here about the unbelievable cruelty that has been inflicted and still try to push whatever agenda it is that you're pushing. You have no business being here.

psy mentioned he was suicidal when he showed up on Benchmarks doorstep.

And? Go away.

Offline TheWho

• View Profile
psy
« Reply #140 on: December 23, 2007, 09:42:32 PM »
........ Yeah he probably was suffering prior to Benchmark, but the POINT IS that Benchmark did not help him. Obviously. I don't know what happened on that day, but that's NOT the point. These places are supposed to help children, they're not supposed to be just a holding pen, or worse a place for impotent adults to find some kind of power. And your weak Mcdonalds comparison, well, working somewhere voluntarily and being placed somewhere against your will with your civil rights ripped away from you and no one to count on are completely different animals.

The McDonalds wasn’t a good analogy, I agree.  The point I was trying to make was the guy showed up at Benchmark and he was suicidal and eventually committed suicide.  I can see that it is determined that Benchmark did not help him enough to prevent this, but they cant be held responsible for his death.  We don’t know what triggered it… a letter from his girl friend or phone call from a family member, staff member not being compassionate etc.  It could be anything, so this isn’t a death we can attribute to the program, friend, staff member, boss at his job....

Right...and you know this HOW? You make all sorts of statements like they're fact, but the reality is that most of us didn't know George, we don't know what his state of mind was when sent to Benchmark, or who he was as a person, he may or may not have been suicidal, but without all of the facts you absolutely CANNOT absolve Benchmark for whatever their responsibility may be.

I don't know what your deal is, why do you have such a raging hard on to try to deflect any accountability these programs should take for the havoc and cruelty and pain they've wreaked on minors? I got lucky in the sense in that I was never sexually abused, or beaten, or restrained, and after the first year spent at RMA I decided to just deal with it and try to come out of there with something worthwhile. And I did. And I didn't. I have good friends from there to this day. At the same time, those places change the way your mind works. Period. It's hard to come back out into the real world. Adjustment sucks, especially when the school does nothing to prepare you for post-graduation life, they actually expect you to fall flat on your face and you're not allowed to have any contact with your friends still at the school for 6 months. I'm sorry, but isn't that just a tad hypocritical?

Whatever, I've rambled at you long enough. I just don't understand how you can read some of the posts on here about the unbelievable cruelty that has been inflicted and still try to push whatever agenda it is that you're pushing. You have no business being here.

And? Go away.

He is right, psy did say that George showed up at Benchmark and was suicidal.  You should go back and reread the thread.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
psy
« Reply #141 on: December 23, 2007, 10:33:57 PM »

And? Go away.
He is right, psy did say that George showed up at Benchmark and was suicidal.  You should go back and reread the thread.

the issue is, though, how does he know this. Benchmark hardly gives accurate descriptions of detainees, and nor do many health"professionals", not that ti matters that much

Offline stina

• View Profile
psy
« Reply #142 on: December 23, 2007, 10:42:33 PM »

And? Go away.

Yes, I am aware of that, thanks. My annoyance stemmed from that being  the point he decided to go with. And if you read the rest of his posts from there on out, he proves himself to be an ass. That's all.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
psy
« Reply #143 on: December 23, 2007, 10:59:55 PM »

And? Go away.

Yes, I am aware of that, thanks. My annoyance stemmed from that being  the point he decided to go with. And if you read the rest of his posts from there on out, he proves himself to be an ass. That's all.

These long and complex refutations of minute points of one type or another are both amusing and tellin
And most of this thread seems to be composed of them.

For quite a number of  us in the real world (ie not obsessively on fornits) the truth of various situations is reasonably apparent from the get go.

Without all the drama and righteousness, and, dare I say, paranoid delusions that underlie these quarrels and  justifications and multiple re-postings of other people's (oftenhand) comments.

Offline TheWho

• View Profile
psy
« Reply #144 on: December 23, 2007, 11:41:03 PM »

And? Go away.

These long and complex refutations of minute points of one type or another are both amusing and tellin

For quite a number of  us in the real world (ie not obsessively on fornits) the truth of various situations is reasonably apparent from the get go.

Without all the drama and righteousness, and, dare I say, paranoid delusions that underlie these quarrels and  justifications and multiple re-postings of other people's (oftenhand) comments.

Seems we have come full circle and can agree we do not know the cause of George taking his own life.  He was troubled when he came to Benchmark and Benchmark was unable to help him.  Whether George felt Benchmark was responsible or some other event in his life was, we will never know.  All we do know is that George suffered greatly and could not find a solution to his pain other than ending his own life.

Offline stina

• View Profile
psy
« Reply #145 on: December 23, 2007, 11:49:20 PM »

Whatever you say, voice from nowhere, you've got it all dialed. I think that I'm going to instate one of the golden rules here...if you don't have anything nice to say then don't say anything at all. I reside in the real world, thank you very much, and I also happen to enjoy this forum. So sue me. Paranoid delusions? You're silly. And how interesting that you judge any of of us for being "obsessively on fornits". You're here so what does that say about you? Fornits is like crack, especially for people like me who are fairly new. And so what. How about you go back to your real world and leave the rest of us in peace. Sounds like you're just being grinchy and looking for a fight. Merry Christmas!

Offline stina

• View Profile
psy
« Reply #146 on: December 24, 2007, 12:37:51 AM »
Quote from: ""dishdutyfugitive""
what's even gooderer is that no one cares that you don't care.

Gooderer is next to godliernessness.
« Last Edit: December 24, 2007, 12:55:40 AM by Guest »

Offline stina

• View Profile
psy
« Reply #147 on: December 24, 2007, 12:51:13 AM »
i could never be friends with people who abused me, even if they aren't responsiblel for it mentally

I get what you're saying. We had an unspoken code, we were there for eachother. That's why I consider myself lucky. We never abused eachother, we were just there for whatever the other person needed. That's what made it real. We got eachother.

Offline stina

• View Profile
psy
« Reply #148 on: December 24, 2007, 12:59:41 AM »
Quote from: "stina"

TellinG. T e l l i n G. Yes I am obsessed, but I'm more obsessed with what kind of asshole you must be to come on here and be negative. This is the last one though. I'm done with you.
« Last Edit: December 24, 2007, 07:38:59 PM by Guest »

Offline psy

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • http://homepage.mac.com/psyborgue/
psy
« Reply #149 on: December 24, 2007, 06:24:50 AM »
Quote from: ""Ursus""
Quote from: ""psy""
Well. What if some cult leader had convinced you that Uranium was good for you? Yellowcake anyone?
Who cares what some cult leader convinced Jayne to do?  The buck has to stop somewhere.  Jayne is running a business.  It doesn't really matter if she has snow or cheese between her ears, she still has certain responsibilities inherent to running a business.  Period.

If she were giving out the Benchmark wisdom by handing it out to people on a street corner for free, then you can wax poetic about whether she was snowed or is snowing.  Realistically, as everyone here knows, it is more than a little of both.

Do note that there is a difference between personal culpability and professional culpability.

If a staff member's actions were outside the company norm, then that individual could be held to task, on an individual basis, for destructive actions towards George.  From what I've read, those actions were within Benchmark's standard modus operandi.  They were, in fact, SOP.  Correct me if I am wrong here, please.

Correct.  I'm not arguing that Bencmark, or the staff involved in the incident, aren't responsible for the suicide.  I'm just saying that they may not have intended to cause harm.

Even in such a case, i.e., with regards to an out-of-line staff person, Benchmark would still be culpable because they did not train or supervise their staff appropriately.

Very true.  But it depends on whose view of what is appropriate training.  Most folks value science, proven methods, etc...  The troubled teen industry generally tends to "wing it" and use "what works" based on trial and (tragic) error.  They also seem to have a somewhat different definition of "success".

And they have a responsibility to do so, contractually as well as that just inherent to running any kind of business.

When Larry Dubinsky could not be dissuaded from keeping his pawing fingers off of female students at Hyde, and a parent sued, both Larry Dubinsky and Hyde School were deemed culpable.  Dubinsky's actions were beyond the pale – individual culpability, both personal as well as professional (he was faculty, even dean of Students at one point). Meanwhile, Hyde was not only negligent in that they were not able to keep him in check (they apparently did not try, probably because they did not take the years of complaints seriously)

If the staff member was doing anything remotely like you describe, there should have never even been an attempt to keep him in check.  He should have been immediately fired, arrested, and prosecuted.  Perhaps the school thought that he could be convinced to stop doing what he was doing (avoiding embarrassment for the school).

but also since they continued to require contact between the Plaintiff and Dubinsky even after formal complaints were made.

Note that what I said above has to do with legal justice, which is but a crude approximation of true moral justice.

Very true.
Benchmark Young Adult School - bad place [archive.org link]
Sue Scheff Truth - Blog on Sue Scheff
"Our services are free; we do not make a profit. Parents of troubled teens ourselves, PURE strives to create a safe haven of truth and reality." - Sue Scheff - August 13th, 2007 (fukkin surreal)