Author Topic: asking for items.. the Straight way  (Read 6889 times)

Offline METALGOD8

• View Profile
asking for items.. the Straight way
« Reply #15 on: March 04, 2003, 11:49:00 PM »
My first oldcomers (brothers) were from the St Pete branch, and one was on 5th and the other was on 4th, in the "Mayflower" group. They gave me a shitty little peanut butter sandwich for lunch in a little brown bag. WOW, I was 190 pounds at intake. One damn peanut butter sandwich? That was their doing, not staff, they were just meanys. Oh well, then on the way to and from the building, STOP READING THE SIGNS! They wouldn't let me do anything. I was the only newcomer in that house. Shave my mustache, ask to wipe the ass, ask for everything. I think they got off on that. Had to ask for permission to talk at the table, like a damn dog or something. Well, that place gives the heebee jeebees even now, thinkin bout that. No wonder I couldn't piss until my 3rd day. DAMN!!!!!!!!  MG8 :smokin:
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 04, 2003, 11:51:00 PM »
Mung, what years were you in Springfield? Were you a "misbehaver"? They all stand out in my memory: Kathy C., Heather F., Jill W., Kathy ?.

Which host home was that last one you were talking about?

Offline mcadaret

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 05, 2003, 10:44:00 AM »
Mung and Like a Bird,

I was at Springfield Oct. 86 - Mar. 88. So, I'm sure that we overlapped.

As far as the rest of this thread - JDavid talked about "common Sense." I remeber that. We would come in to eat or go to the bathroom, and I would tell newcomers that they had permission to do what they needed. (pick up silverware to eat, brush their teeth, wipe their ass, etc...)

You can lead a camel to water but you can't make it stink (any more than it already does)
-- Job

Offline Froderik

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 05, 2003, 10:58:00 AM »
I guess that you can no longer delete posts?
Well, I'll just erase it then...

[ This Message was edited by: AlexL on 2003-03-06 12:31 ]

Offline ehm

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 05, 2003, 05:57:00 PM »
Everything that I owned or that was a part of me, gone. "Druggie ties," friends, music, clothes, my individuality, my soul purpose. My identity.
I was a replicant.
A ghost in a shell.

[ This Message was edited by: Morli on 2003-04-05 00:14 ]

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 05, 2003, 07:06:00 PM »
I have that fuck's phone number and home address is you want it.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 05, 2003, 07:54:00 PM »
hello mcadaret,

remember the big picture of Nancy Reagan in the front lobby? remember the psych (ologist or iatrist)? I saw him exactly once. I thought he would listen, so I begged him to believe that I did not belong in that place. to no avail of course. I felt so hopeless in there. Why did I believe that everyone else was with the party line? because they were. not everybody, all the time, but enough people at the same time to keep the place running on terror. God how wierd.

l.a.b.

Offline ClayL

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 05, 2003, 09:01:00 PM »
First night in the ATL program and I got sent home with Al Casey. He was on 5th bucking to get out of the program and I was still in serious culture shock. I had a moustache at the time and Al told me that I didn't have to shave it off, but I would be unable to move on if I didn't.  So off the moustache came. (I was well into my 30's before I shaved it off again.) I was into a lot of sports in high school, so the crapper and shower thing, never gave me any problems. Someone yanking on your belt loop when your trying to take a piss in something else entirely. Then Al and the other newcomer gang up on me and want me to start talking about homosexual relationships and the like. I had never done anything like that in my life and they pretty much told me I was lying. I got angry about this and got in my face about it. Then Al asked my if I thought his sister was pretty. Hell, she was and I said so. Lord you'd have thought I'd just threatened to kill the entire family, slowly and brutally. You know, I'm still mad about that. Then they started calling me a kiss ass for shaving my moustache. The whole time I was thinking, "Would you prefer me to kick your scrawny little ass?" The only one I would have had trouble with would be Mr. Casey. I was sooo mad.

CL

[ This Message was edited by: ClayL on 2003-03-05 18:04 ]

Offline Mung

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 17, 2003, 12:15:00 AM »
I was in Springfield from 86-88 or something like that. I only misbehaved for like a month or 2 around my copout times. My name is Matt and I forget the host home's name. I think the oldcomer's name was Eric. He was  a cool guy, but strict and his house was surrounded by fields. I woulda had to sustain myself on vegetation probably if I copped outta there.

"
Mung, what years were you in Springfield? Were you a "misbehaver"? They all stand out in my memory: Kathy C., Heather F., Jill W., Kathy ?.

Which host home was that last one you were talking about?

"

Offline 85 Day Jerk

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 17, 2003, 08:13:00 AM »
William Rollins was my very first newcomer.  I had been home for about 3 weeks and the program finally started getting guy newcomers again.  It was around the first of November, and I guess parents were more lenient on their kids because of the holidays and stuff.  I think William had done something really stupid around Halloween, like take his dad's car out for a spin and crash it or something.  He had long dark Disco Boy hair and was wearing one of them collarless t-shirts when they brought him into group.  They did the introductions and stuff and he actually looked at the girls side and waved and said "Hey girls!"

Me and Scott Travis just looked at each other from a few rows back and we're like, "What an idiot!!"  That little stunt sealed his doom for quite a while.  Every day the girls side tore into his ass like a pit bull on a hunk of beef jerky.  As a newcomer, he was pretty stupid at times.  He would wave to people out the car window on the way out of the buildings parking lot, but it did not really bother me because he really was trying to adjust.  M.I.'s were a complete and total pain in the ass with him at first because he acted like he was Thomas Jefferson writing the Declaration of Independance or some shit.  Finally out of exasperation, I handed him one of my old M.I.s from 1st phase and told him to copy it or they would have to use an X-ray machine to find his goddamn pen.  While we never brutalized our newcomers per se, I took savage glee in bomping the shit out of him during "harmless" pillow fights.  My dad had to replace the accordion slat closet doors several times until he just gave up and put in some wood doors on sliding runners.  K-pickle39 was the last one to crash through them on a Sunday morning drop-off.  One of the meanest tactics we would use on a newcomer was to serve them a really great dinner and then fuck with them the whole time they were trying to eat it.  "You know you don't deserve that fried chicken man."
"I saw you in group and your arm looked like a damn piece of seaweed at high tide.  You aint trying to get straight."  "I'm thinking of trading you in, William."  "Maybe send you over to the Ward's house."  "They are on food stamps over there, that's where all the swimmers come from too."  "You'll be up every night 'til 2 am making the damn things, how you feel about that?"
The sucker made it home just 9 days later.
Inside a warehouse behind Tyrone Mall
we walked in darkness, kept hitting the wall.
I took the time to feel for the door,
I had been \"treated\" but what the hell for?