Author Topic: The Dreams  (Read 3673 times)

Offline try another castle

• Registered Users
    • View Profile
The Dreams
« on: December 17, 2007, 10:57:26 PM »
I've always referred to this little gem as the "What the fuck was *that* all about?" propheet.

From what I remember about the weird vagueness of that experience, there was one thing that I feel was the crux of The Dreams' message.

Your identity is evil.

IMO, one of the reasons this propheet is so confusing is that, aside from the imagine, it deviates in formula. Normally, the "major" exercise is done the next day. However, in the Dreams, the truly bizarre stuff happens at night. The result of this is that the exercise which is done the next day seems anticlimactic... especially since you are still rather stale and confused from the night before. (This happens in every propheet, but the Dreams' day exercise doesn't produce enough euphoria to counteract last night's damage.)

Why do I feel that the night exercises had more of an impact than those of the following day?

Think about it. What did we do the next day? We cried about when our dream died. That was it. It was as tame as the truth in terms of intensity and complexity. In addition, several students, including myself, were confused by the premise because we had not yet determined what our dream was in the first place. That exercise comes later.  At the end, I chose randomly, since I really had no idea.

Pretty mild, right?

So, what did we do that night? Well, the one single night exercise that I remember made the dead-dream cryfest the next day seem rather wimpy. That was of the nightmare drawings. Does anyone remember how long we had to kneel in front of our chairs and look at our hideous self-portraits? Portraits which painted ourselves outside the CEDU ideology as nighmares, monsters, death? It seemed like hours. We had to sit and draw ourselves in the most hideous way possible, depicting what we were like before coming to CEDU. Then we had to mill around and look at everyone else's artistic examples of warped self-image. Then we had to sit and look at our own, trying to stay awake. Every time your eyes drooped down from sleepyness, and you snapped them back open, you had *that* monstrosity staring at you.

This is why I feel that this propheet did a lot more damage than most students thought at the time. Most of us from my time, myself included, just kind of dismissed the Dreams after a while as some sort of nonsequitor hiccup in an otherwise flawless, or at least pretty good, program. (Although I knew a few who swore by the Dreams, and it was their favorite propheet. Although they were in the minority.) The Dreams is really the first time you fully commit, (in black crayon) to perceiving yourself the same way CEDU did, and you officially renounce your previous self.

Quest is a family of betrayal. In the Brother's, you learn how to betray your friends, in the Dreams, you learn how to betray yourself.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline alia23

• View Profile
The Dreams
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2007, 12:05:37 AM »
amen to that shit sister

o my god

i am about to have a panic attack after reading that

i don't even remember but a vague nightmarish flicker of a memory of that experience, but i think it did happen....

they put me through the dreams twice, said i didnt really get it the first time, and i remember thinking o god, that one is the worst one..... why of all the ones they had to put me through the dreams again!!!

i think i had managed to tune it out the first time, and they wanted to make sure i, like you said, committed to the 'program.'

hatred

bile
rage

thank god for you castle, you are an angel.

fuck those fucking mother fucker ass fuckers.
lia
your silence will not protect you

Offline dishdutyfugitive

• View Profile
    • http://www.foxmovies.com/fightclub/
The Dreams
« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2007, 12:20:55 AM »
well said castle.

Quest in winter  was the worst. The dreams sucked ass. I thought I was in the twilight zone in quest.

The dreams was a 'filler' propheet. A terrible idea gone horribly wrong.  Fuck you cut quest out of my RMA experience and I'd be 50% more fond of the place.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
dreams
« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2007, 02:27:28 AM »
dam.  its hard for me to follow what workshops are what sometimes from school to school with the names and all; but does 'dreams' by any chance center on like a persons light side and dark side... they play some pink floyd about it, i 3 days longish; forget how many bios; just one; noooo 2...oh, well sort of; its like a combo one where they trap you under the blanket and you have to fight to get out and then finally they let you up and then you basically knock the shit out of pillow....

man its been so long.  i guess then imagine has to be the one about sevice, right?  where the bio is the sawhorses; and then you go the cornfields... did you guys have he cornfields... different room; alone after the donkey (sawhorse thing) with john lennons oh my love and look at me and a mirror and candles; very tranquil setting; supposed to be some sort of cultivation; resolution point in the program in a way.

anyways, maybe i'm way off and have your propheets mixed up.  what a gay name by the way, PROPHEETS?

peace...

• Registered Users
    • View Profile
The Dreams
« Reply #4 on: December 18, 2007, 08:19:56 AM »
dam. its hard for me to follow what workshops are what sometimes from school to school with the names and all; but does 'dreams' by any chance center on like a persons light side and dark side... they play some pink floyd about it, i 3 days longish; forget how many bios; just one; noooo 2...oh, well sort of; its like a combo one where they trap you under the blanket and you have to fight to get out and then finally they let you up and then you basically knock the shit out of pillow....

That's the I Want to Live.

amen to that shit sister

brother.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
nightmares
« Reply #5 on: December 18, 2007, 09:12:53 AM »
An essential thing in the dreams profeet that has not mentioned is the running of negative thoughts required for the first time. you had to yell and scream at your nightmare about how much you were afraid and hated it.

yeah, the dreams was pretty creepy actually.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Dreams
« Reply #6 on: December 18, 2007, 11:34:07 AM »
Ok - well FUCK all propheets for that matter - BUT...

2 particularly horrible memories from a guy who experienced it 18 years ago:

Henry David Thoreau
If you have built castles in the air, your work need not be lost; that is where they should be. Now put foundations under them.

This song gave me the ABSOLUTE creeps. I heard it like 10 years ago and literally had twitches...

Look what they done to my song ma
look what they done to my song
well it's the only thing
that I could do half right and it's turning out all wrong ma

look what they done to my brain ma
Look what they done to my brain
well they picked it like a chicken bone
and I think i'm half insane ma

I wish I could find a good book to live in
wish I could find a good book
well if I could find a real good book
I'd never have to come out and look at
what they done to my song

la la la la la la la la la

but maybe it'll all be alright ma
maybe it'll all be okay
well if the people are buying tears
i'll be rich someday ma

ils ont change ma chanson, ma
ils ont change ma chanson
c'est la seule chose que je peux faire
et ce n'est pas bon, ma.
ils ont change ma chanson.

Look what they done to my song, ma
Well they tied it up in a plastic bag
and turned it upside down ma

Look what they done to my song ma
It's the only thing that I could do alright
and they turned it upside down
oh ma - look what they done to my song

Offline dishdutyfugitive

• View Profile
The Dreams
« Reply #7 on: December 18, 2007, 11:44:04 AM »
That reminds me. I like Thoreau but as usual RMA fucking ruined anything they touched. And of course that floating castle qoute is the worst one they could pick. I remember sitting there in the dreams thinking to myself, "these guys suck ass - that qoute sucks. You all get F's. You're fired"

Now looking back on it........

RMA was 1 giant floating turd with rock walls going to nowhere.

It's foundations were shite.

AKA Caroline Wolf the whoreclown who yelled at and mindfucked students every damn day until 1992. Then her wheels came off she started up and ran an underground, banged students and then ran off and moved in with that student.

Offline blownawaytheidahoway

• View Profile
What have they done to my song?
« Reply #8 on: December 18, 2007, 11:58:04 AM »
Melanie Safka's song was one of the most twisted things to occur at RMA. That it was done (about) six months after arriving is illuminating. It was the first thing to really make me know what was going on was serious shit, it that there Children's Propheet.
Life is a very wonderful thing.\' said Dr. Branom... \'The processes of life, the make- up of the human organism, who can fully understand these miracles?... What is happening to you now is what should happen to any normal healthy human organism...You are being made sane, you are being made healthy.
     \'That I will not have, \' I said, \'nor can understand at all. What you\'ve been doing is to make me feel very very ill.\'
                         -Anthony Burgess
                      A Clockwork Orange

Offline dishdutyfugitive

• View Profile
The Dreams
« Reply #9 on: December 18, 2007, 12:00:10 PM »
Ladies and gentelmen

Elvis has entered the building.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
The Dreams
« Reply #10 on: December 18, 2007, 01:29:26 PM »
and the building loves it.

Offline stina

• View Profile
The Dreams
« Reply #11 on: December 18, 2007, 03:01:51 PM »
Nobody's said anything about the negative statement you had to come up with for yourself in the night part of the dreams. That part was worse for me than the drawings.
I used to be Snow White but I drifted.

Offline alia23

• View Profile
The Dreams
« Reply #12 on: December 18, 2007, 03:14:28 PM »
castle!  amen brother... sorry...
lia

Offline alia23

• View Profile
The Dreams
« Reply #13 on: December 18, 2007, 07:54:25 PM »
castle!  amen brother... sorry...
lia

• Registered Users
    • View Profile
The Dreams
« Reply #14 on: December 18, 2007, 11:19:27 PM »
If you have built castles in the air, your work need not be lost; that is where they should be. Now put foundations under them.

You know how they say neurotics build their castles in the air and psychotics live in them? Well... I clean them.

(Stolen from Rita Rudner)