Author Topic: HLA drive-by...  (Read 3004 times)

Offline jjpinks

• View Profile
HLA drive-by...
« Reply #15 on: December 16, 2007, 05:48:48 PM »
Maybe next time, I will send some friends posing as a desperate parent, and I will be in the back seat or something. Either way, even if I did just mosey on in pretending to be a parent myself, how could they say that I am not. AND, furthermore, if they were to call the police, I would just "act blonde" and tell them that "I don't know what these people (the HLA people) are talking about, I just came here to discuss my child. But apparently I will not be sending my child to a school where it's obvious that they are paronoid about something." Or something like that...lol

What can they do, really???
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »
quot;Of course life is bizarre, the more bizarre it gets, the more interesting it is. The only way to approach it is to make yourself some popcorn and enjoy the show.\"

I have opinions of my own -- strong opinions -- but I don\'t always agree with them. - George Bush

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
HLA drive-by...
« Reply #16 on: December 16, 2007, 09:29:42 PM »
once they see you in the back seat alarms will go off. you blew your only chance.

get your freinds behind it, explain everything to them, and get them to do it themselves with a hidden camera/tape recorder.

better yet, call a few weeks ahead of time, asking about the program, and give them fake names for you and your "kid". act like a truly brainwashed and concerned parent who's willing to do anything to help their sinning, pot smoking class skipping tantrum throwing kid. tell them you're not willing to even let them look at transcripts or put in a deposit before you come for a personal visit. knowing hla, they wont have a problem with that.

get your freinds to go, and have them assume the fake name you gave the school.
then get some kid 14-16 years old who fits the "trouble teen" profile/image (or just dress any kid up as a punk/goth/gangsta/hippie) to come with your freinds and sit in the back seat, while pretending to be very very upset.
the resulting video/audio footage will be very interesting.

Offline jjpinks

• View Profile
HLA drive-by...
« Reply #17 on: December 17, 2007, 08:37:31 AM »
very good idea!!! After the holidays, I will have to get started on my scheme. lol
quot;Of course life is bizarre, the more bizarre it gets, the more interesting it is. The only way to approach it is to make yourself some popcorn and enjoy the show.\"

I have opinions of my own -- strong opinions -- but I don\'t always agree with them. - George Bush

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Re: HLA drive-by...
« Reply #18 on: December 17, 2007, 02:47:06 PM »
Quote from: ""jjpinks""
Being a product of a hellish 1 year stint in a program as a teenager, I am on the lookout for "programs" that say they want to help with "troubled teens". I haven' t posted in this forum for a long time, but thought that I would tell you that the other day I was in Dahlonega with a friend of mine doing some shopping and I said, "lets go for a little ride in the woods". lol
We drove to HLA and I drove right into the place. I didn't realize how far back it is in the woods (never saw this lake) and how close it is to a military training base. Anywho, drove right into the grounds like I owned the place, didn't see a soul around. Took a right turn next to what looked like the admissions building and drove along what looked like the dorms (they all looked like they weren't being used). Got to the end of the road and had to make a u-turn (not what I wanted to have to do) and head back toward the admissions building where I saw about 15 people standing in the road looking at us. Ok, shit time! LOL I concocted this story (so that I wouldn't be charged with tresspassing) about how my 15 year old son is really needing some kind of help because he is always in trouble. And that I had heard about this place and thought that I would take a look at it and see what it looked like (innocent enough right?). I'll be damned, after about 30 minutes of listening to their BS about how great this place was and them trying everything that they could think of to get me to go into the admissions office, I bolted out of there.

WOW I can't tell you the feelings that came over me as I was sitting there listening to them. I felt like I was 15 again and back in the program. That just shows you, they still use alot of the same tactics that they were using back then.

Well, that was a little long, sorry. But I thought that I would share that.

Nicole :)

What specifically did they say that creeped you out so much?

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
HLA drive-by...
« Reply #19 on: December 17, 2007, 03:26:27 PM »
i'm not speaking for her...
but how could anyone not creep her out? personally, it took me weeks to get used to the staff's creepieness after i got there. but then again...anyone with a cross around their neck south of the mason-dixon creeps me out.