Author Topic: Liberia now. North Korea next?  (Read 1412 times)

Offline mithygato

• View Profile
    • http://mithygato@aol.com
Liberia now. North Korea next?
« on: July 04, 2003, 06:04:00 PM »
Hi everybody,

I'm curious how ya'll feel about the wars we're engaing in?

Seeing Rumsfeld's :wstupid:

I pray it will be over soon but we all know better.  Many are saying that we will have a presence there for at least 5 years.
The question is, how long will the American people continue to watch our young people die, sometimes in real time, on a daily basis . . .
and still believe that the cause is just?

Peace and best wishes to you all on this holiday -and my prayers go out especially to you with friends/family in harms way.  May they be safe and come home soon.
We appreciate their sacrifices.

Mithy :razz:
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »
The way in which a man accepts his fate and all the suffering it entails, the way in which he takes up his cross, gives him ample opportunity-even under the most difficult cirumstances-to add deeper meaning to his life.  It may remain brave, dignified an

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2003, 06:51:00 AM »
Well you bring up some valid points. It's hard to be supportive when we question the dignity or morality of our President's decisions to go to war. We would rather avoid what we view as "unnecessary" conflicts. I hear views both for and against. I lean toward the against, because I feel that it may certainly backfire eventually and probably sooner than later. We can't depend on our military might alone to solve world problems whenever we want forever.

With Liberia, it MIGHT be better than not doing anything. Someone on The Leherer News show on PBS today pointed out Clinton's failure to get involved with Rwanda. Hundreds of thousands or millions of people died there possibly because Clinton chose not to get involved. Bush may not look too bad for involving our troops here, but that could change depending on the outcomes.

I was far more weary about Iraq, than Liberia, but it is very troubling that we are so involved overseas. Some question the "police state" that we are being to the rest of the world, the arrogance. Bush is being consistent in how he's going after anti-US groups, but I think we are living in the last days of planet earth, and that we may be choosing between bad and worse in some of these complex situations. At the end of the temporal era, everything goes haywire, and the conventional ideas fail. If we really want to make a difference, we are going to have to be creative, courageous, and try perhaps  unconventional ideas out. But I'm getting ahead of myself. We're going to have some trouble before anything gets better, you can bet on that. So it is good to have awareness (NOT the straight inc. kind) about the events and times we are living in. Speaking of these things brings to mind the Terminator movies. I saw T3 on Wednesday and LOVED IT, more so than the second one. See it. The Rise of the Machines was so gnarly!

North Korea will go to war with S. Korea, but not next. Watch Iran.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2003, 11:27:00 AM »
the mass destruction weapons are on a us or british ship somewhere waiting for the right moment to unload and transport into iraq, whereupon troops will discover them, and validate the war. Until then, there is no reason for troops to be there. the us should concentrate on the us and thats it, not be the world police force. if someone wants to break bad with the us, then they shall pay dearly for that. this systematic war shit is getting old. much like hitler and stalin. no wonder foreign countries cant stand the us.

Offline Antigen

• View Profile
    • http://wwf.Fornits.com/
« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2003, 12:38:00 PM »
I think it's no coincidence that Program people (of this program as well as WWASP and IBLP types) have always placed so highly in the Reagan/Bush Neocon political enterprise. I think their philosophy is about the same; erradicate all vestiges of any culture that does not conform to their Disneyesque world view and scapegoat any dissenters to keep them in line.

I also think it's going to fall apart pretty soon in one way or another. I don't believe there are a whole lot of Joe Sixpacks out there who genuinely agree with this philosophy or these constant wars. I think there are a whole lot of Americans who feel honor bound to cheer for the home team while the bullets are flying. But this admin is taking unwarranted liberties with these folks' good trust and affection and that's starting to backfire.

"The sadist cannot stand the separation of the public and the private; nor can he grant to others the mystery of their personality, the validity of their inner self...in order for him to feel his maximum power, he wants the world to be peopled with concrete manipulatable objects..."
-- ERNEST BECKER, The Structure of Evil, 1968.

Arms in the hands of citizens [may] be used at individual discretion...in private self-defense...
-- John Adams, (1788)

"Don\'t let the past remind us of what we are not now."
~ Crosby Stills Nash & Young, Sweet Judy Blue Eyes

Offline Froderik

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2003, 02:34:00 PM »

Ginger I'll indulge you with this little tidbit:

In VA straight back in 1983-84, Dean Mistretta had the group watch a 20 minute long film about how great of a president Ronald Reagan was. He gave a disclaimer afterward saying that this didn't mean that everyone (who could) had to vote to re-elect him. The film was supposed to be inspiration for a rap. He then proselytized about how Reagan's policies could be compared to leading a drug-free lifestyle. The funny thing is to consider Dean's (alleged) homosexual proclivities later in life, knowing how the right-wing feels about that.  :eek:

Offline mithygato

• View Profile
    • http://mithygato@aol.com
« Reply #5 on: July 05, 2003, 04:44:00 PM »
Ginger,

Very H. Hesse like quote - I love it.
The Sadist.
It took me awhile to flip in my brain to decipher, but I think I see what he's saying.
"Nor can he grant to others the mystery of their personality, the validity of their inner self."  That was the tough one.

Disneyesque world view - I am definetly going to use that one.  It's rich.

Thanks for the refer ::bigsmilebounce::

It's a cat circus but I love 'em all.
The way in which a man accepts his fate and all the suffering it entails, the way in which he takes up his cross, gives him ample opportunity-even under the most difficult cirumstances-to add deeper meaning to his life.  It may remain brave, dignified an

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 06, 2003, 03:34:00 AM »
What do you think of Rush Limbaugh and why?

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 07, 2004, 10:02:00 AM »
that is the so mindless and worthless statement, planting the weapons, how stupid can one person be. its liberal dumba$$ like u that cause death and destruction waiting on the all clear now i will show my a$$

Offline kaydeejaded

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 07, 2004, 12:21:00 PM »
Sadly..N.Korea Has the big giant nuke

and by the time Bush gets around to dealing with them the are going to just poof nuke us and we may nuke them and then mutually assured distruction and then he will crawl into his hole or shoot himself up to the moon or mars....prolly why he wants to go there.

And then

we are dead. He is on the friggin moon. Bullshit violence distruction. 9/11 was wrong, but that doesn't make more of the same the right tatic in my opinion. Just my opinion humble at that.

all these years we seem to have learned nothing. Enviroment getting worse people dying still need an army, people still hungry in places, doesn't seem right.

Everybody needs beauty as well as bread, places to play in and pray in, where nature may heal and give strength to body and soul alike.
-- John Muir

or those who understand, no explanation is necessary; for those who don\'t, none will do

Offline Therion

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 08, 2004, 06:57:00 AM »
George W is horrible...Im not big in politics, its just not my thing and I feel its just a lost cause...But I know the Bush family is just evil and wreaks havic on everything...

I have heard that they may reinstate the draft.
I used to keep up on news ...then I just got to where I had to turn the shit off..
Its like fornits sometimes..You have to like back away sometimes..My friend and I call CNN the "We're all gonna die channel"

WHAT I DO KNOW IS THIS'''IF EVERYONE SPENT MORE TIME HAVING AWESOME SEX AND CATCHING A BUZZ THE WORLD WOULD BE A BETTER PLACE--THEY NEED TO TAKE ALL THE WORLD LEADERS AND LOCK THEM IN A VAULT WITH A HUGE HOOKAH BONG AND THE FINEST POT ON EARTH AND SOME BUSTY YOUNG NAKED WOMEN AND NOT LET THEM LEAVE UNTIL THEY WORK THAT SHIT OUT---

MORE SEX...LESS WEAPONS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

resistance futile ,suicidal ideas I will crucify my own being.. Satisfy
selfish needs ,fuck the deities

[ This Message was edited by: Therion on 2004-02-08 04:26 ]
aving the way for the new breed of bad seed

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 08, 2004, 02:22:00 PM »
If more Americans as outraged about Mr. Bush sending our young men and women over to Iraq to get killed, as they are about Janet Jackson's boob, maybe just maybe this country would be a better place to live.  Just a thought.