Author Topic: survivors seeks readers and advice  (Read 1501 times)

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
survivors seeks readers and advice
« on: December 15, 2007, 03:27:20 PM »
i am working on a paper for school about k of bc and what it represents socially and i was wishing for readers and comments. i was a fellow victim 85-86. its a research paper and it is still very much a work in progress. the working title is

Might makes right and other ideological stances that contribute to the current violence or how I learned to love the shock and awe

http://http://despinasophia.wordpress.com/

in an ongoing attempt to heal--sometimes the ptsd hits hard---i went back to school. im writing this paper for a research writing class and though its raw and disturbing, the act of making it a solid composition is providing an interesting distance and perspective. maybe empowering? i hesitate not sure if thats really the right word--

i have been dreaming about a collection of voices speaking out since i began the project, feeling like that program shut me up for too long , i wonder if others feel the same way.

i also want to here if anyone has healed well and what they recommend.
please-the dread debility and tears dont let up--its been 22 years

sincerely,
d
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline Che Gookin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2007, 08:18:14 PM »
Wow.. good stuff... Wanna write for the YLF as a contributing author?

Offline hanzomon4

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2007, 09:04:10 AM »
I just sat through and read all three of your entries, amazing. I've been away from this issue for a few weeks and I was just checking the forums to see what the latest news was. I had no intention to read anything as long as your blog.

But WOW!!!

You write in a way that's informed, highly intelligent, emotive, and very hard to put down once you began to read it. You weave historical tidbits, essential facts, and personal experience together with expert style. Is this a work in progress or is the article you mentioned finished? I plan on forwarding this to a friend and I want to make sure it has the authors seal of approval before I shuffle it around the interweb.

What are you majoring in again? I'm so impressed and excited about your writing, I truly hope to see more.

ps, If you like Naomi Klein's commentary you might want to checkout The Corporation. It's a Documentary based on the book The Corporation: The Pathological Pursuit of Profit and Power by Joel Bakan.
i]Do something real, however, small. And don\'t-- don\'t diss the political things, but understand their limitations - Grace Lee Boggs[/i]
I do see the present and the future of our children as very dark. But I trust the people\'s capacity for reflection, rage, and rebellion - Oscar Olivera

Howto]

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
thank you sincerely
« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2007, 10:20:43 PM »
thank you so much for reading it. i know its long for a blog format. i handed it in but i felt like i could have developed it further both as the reality of getting shattered and about the rampant growth and diversification of the program. maybe i will continue.

i have a hard time writing. it wakes up my demons. its like an internal civil war.....
so it really helps hearing from others .

yes please post it if you want and can

i am in school to get my bachlors degree. i have been dancing but i am tired from running. i just want to heal my darkness.

its crazy, like not being the subject of your life.

if anyone has had any good luck with different treatments for the ptsd,
i would be grateful

Offline hurrikayne

• View Profile
Youth-liberation foundation
« Reply #4 on: December 16, 2007, 11:15:51 PM »
« Last Edit: July 01, 2008, 09:14:06 PM by hurrikayne »
"Motivation is everything. You can do the work of two people, but you can\'t be two people. Instead, you have to inspire the next guy down the line and get him to inspire his people. " - Lee Iacocca