Author Topic: Sweet 16 Truth propheet  (Read 3992 times)

Offline stina

• View Profile
Sweet 16 Truth propheet
« on: December 14, 2007, 07:26:47 PM »
I've managed to forget this pretty much every birthday that I've had, but not this year. My birthday was yesterday (happy bday to me) but my truth propheet fell on my birthday when I turned 16, a month after arriving at RMA. At this point in time, I think we'd have come out or would be getting ready to come out, but every half hour or so for the last 24 hours I've been thinking to myself, holy shit, at this exact moment 17 years ago I was getting my ass handed to me in a Caroline/Bruce truth propheet. Everyone else gets cars and whatnot for their sweet 16th, I get indicted. Trippy shit.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »
I used to be Snow White but I drifted.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Sweet 16 Truth propheet
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2007, 12:09:36 AM »
Truth propheet for your 16th -- that would indeed really suck!   I am so sorry.    My birthday is in February.     You know how cold it is in N. Idaho in February.   My sweet 16th -- I was on an expedition freezing my ass off.   It was so cold that the wood was frozen and we could not light a fire!   I hate being cold.   Not an ideal birthday, but I can hardly think of a shittier Bday than a propheet.

I wonder how many other CEDU folks are non holiday celebrators.  I basically ignore my birthday.   I am happy skipping Xmas and Thanksgiving.   Its been well over a decade since I celebrated either with my family.   But I do see most of my family at least once a year.

Offline dishdutyfugitive

• View Profile
    • http://www.foxmovies.com/fightclub/
Sweet 16 Truth propheet
« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2007, 01:17:56 AM »
Full fledged non-holiday celebrator here. US holidays are about 1 thing...shopping like a crack fiend. Thanks but I'll pass. I can't imagine how annoying XMas will be in 20 years. At that point the official xmas shopping season will start on the 4th of July

Remember the stupid birthday 'tables' where you invited your clique? That was the only time you were allowed an official clique.

Who wants to sit at my birthday table on xmas (my bday is 12/25) and eat carrot cake with no sugar?

Offline Oz girl

• View Profile
Sweet 16 Truth propheet
« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2007, 01:44:44 AM »
Can you please describe these birthday tables?
Perhaps you need to celebrate festivus Sienfeld style

http://www.festivusbook.com/
n case you\'re worried about what\'s going to become of the younger generation, it\'s going to grow up and start worrying about the younger generation.-Roger Allen

Offline stina

• View Profile
Sweet 16 Truth propheet
« Reply #4 on: December 15, 2007, 01:48:59 AM »
Quote from: ""Oz girl""
Can you please describe these birthday tables?
Perhaps you need to celebrate festivus Sienfeld style

http://www.festivusbook.com/

Festivus would have been preferable, George's dad and all. Wrestling to the death and all. They were just stupid. In the beginning, everyone was fake and pretending to like eachother but there was no point. And like dish duty said, later on it was an excuse to have your "clique" together without being indicted about it in monday's rap.
« Last Edit: December 15, 2007, 01:13:18 PM by Guest »

Offline dishdutyfugitive

• View Profile
Sweet 16 Truth propheet
« Reply #5 on: December 15, 2007, 02:05:13 AM »
Throw another shrimp on the barbie....

A few days before your bday you did the following:

1. write a list of guests (1-20) students/staff.

2. submit it to staff.

3. Your 'best friend' made a 3x6 'happy bday' banner that was hung at your booth in the dinning room

Day of

4. At dinner time when they did evening announcements they announced which students were 'having a birthyday that day'. They then proceeded to announce the guest lists for each students birthday 'table'. Then they did the standard 'meal stampede control'.  Essentially they were trying to facilitate a controlled 30 student 'buffet charge' every 3 minutes. They did this by randomly generating qualications.

As in, 'everyone from florida can go to the dining room and eat'. Of course people with a man sized hunger would claim a 3rd cousin from Miami and bum rush the buffet even though they were from Alaska.

5. the birthday  table gets to go up first. They get their food and sit down and eat. They all look happy and have their 30 minute break from CEDU misery. The rest of the dining room passively stares at them and resents them for having 'real' fun and not being invited.

6. A sugar free carrot cake is dished out in wooden bowls.

7. Presents? I think students got their care package earlier in the day. Of course the students made eachother the standard homemade crayon lovefest hallmark cultcards. Students would try to 'outlove' eachother with retarded waterpainting birthday cards that contained culty jibberish....As in "Sarah, you are a deep and special person.  I see the inner child within you. I feel your power. You make a difference and when you got me out of my truth propheet I - I've never felt so loved. My little kid wants to play with your little kid. You're really a dreamer with a big heart. " Your honesty empowers my dreams to become a real giver" ....

Holy fuck, I just blew a fuse................

8. Dinner ended and deep & dark depression ensued. That 30 minutes was 'GONE FOREVER'.

Thank god it's over.

Offline stina

• View Profile
Sweet 16 Truth propheet
« Reply #6 on: December 15, 2007, 03:24:12 AM »
I think people are silly and scared sometimes. And as far as birthdays go, as far as propheets go, at that school, if you'd asked me to schedule it to my liking it never would have happened. It is what it is. What's amazing is finding friends after the fact that accept you for who you are and what you need and react and correspond accordingly.

Offline stina

• View Profile
Sweet 16 Truth propheet
« Reply #7 on: December 15, 2007, 01:10:23 PM »
Quote from: ""Guest""
Truth propheet for your 16th -- that would indeed really suck!   I am so sorry.    My birthday is in February.     You know how cold it is in N. Idaho in February.   My sweet 16th -- I was on an expedition freezing my ass off.   It was so cold that the wood was frozen and we could not light a fire!   I hate being cold.   Not an ideal birthday, but I can hardly think of a shittier Bday than a propheet.

I got there in November in the coldest winter they'd had in 19 years. I remember that because they kept talking about it like it was this amazing thing. So there I am, a girl from California, never really having spent time in the snow because we went to the beach, not the mountains. And the wood corral. Ah, the wood corral. One of the most vivid things I remember is my nose hairs freezing and how I passionately hated wheelbarrows and every time anyone lit a fire I got super bitter.

My wilderness challenge was in January so I know where you're coming from. It was soooo fucking cold. The only other time I've been that cold was in Amsterdam in March. But that was way more fun. Did you have to build yourself a little snowcave for your solo? That was so out of control.

Having my birthday fall on a later propheet, like the i want to live (not the dreams, that would have been worse than the truth) would have been better. But one month in, you're still like WTF is happening? You're still pinching yourself and clicking your heels together and hoping that you're having some weird ass nightmare.

Quote from: ""Guest""
I wonder how many other CEDU folks are non holiday celebrators.  I basically ignore my birthday.   I am happy skipping Xmas and Thanksgiving.   Its been well over a decade since I celebrated either with my family.   But I do see most of my family at least once a year.

I still celebrate with family, both my dad's side and my mom and her husband. But I am the grinch. Usually when the holidays start I just get cranky. And then my birthday falls right in between. I think part of that comes from all the ridiculous shit that happened with immediate and extended family before getting sent away. But yeah, super grinch.

Offline stina

• View Profile
Sweet 16 Truth propheet
« Reply #8 on: December 15, 2007, 02:33:44 PM »
Quote from: ""dishdutyfugitive""
I think students got their care package earlier in the day. Of course the students made eachother the standard homemade crayon lovefest hallmark cultcards. Students would try to 'outlove' eachother with retarded waterpainting birthday cards that contained culty jibberish....As in "Sarah, you are a deep and special person.  I see the inner child within you. I feel your power. You make a difference and when you got me out of my truth propheet I - I've never felt so loved. My little kid wants to play with your little kid. You're really a dreamer with a big heart. " Your honesty empowers my dreams to become a real giver" ....

I still have those cards in my scrapbook. And I think I've probably written every single thing you just said in one card or another. It's really really weird. What's really strange is that it seemed normal at the time. And yeah, everyone did try to outlove eachother. "Your honesty empowers my dreams to become a real giver", "My little kid wants to play with your little kid"

:rofl:

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Sweet 16 Truth propheet
« Reply #9 on: December 17, 2007, 06:49:53 PM »
Throw another shrimp on the barbie....

A few days before your bday you did the following:

1. write a list of guests (1-20) students/staff.

2. submit it to staff.

3. Your 'best friend' made a 3x6 'happy bday' banner that was hung at your booth in the dinning room

Day of

4. At dinner time when they did evening announcements they announced which students were 'having a birthyday that day'. They then proceeded to announce the guest lists for each students birthday 'table'. Then they did the standard 'meal stampede control'.  Essentially they were trying to facilitate a controlled 30 student 'buffet charge' every 3 minutes. They did this by randomly generating qualications.

As in, 'everyone from florida can go to the dining room and eat'. Of course people with a man sized hunger would claim a 3rd cousin from Miami and bum rush the buffet even though they were from Alaska.

5. the birthday  table gets to go up first. They get their food and sit down and eat. They all look happy and have their 30 minute break from CEDU misery. The rest of the dining room passively stares at them and resents them for having 'real' fun and not being invited.

6. A sugar free carrot cake is dished out in wooden bowls.

7. Presents? I think students got their care package earlier in the day. Of course the students made eachother the standard homemade crayon lovefest hallmark cultcards. Students would try to 'outlove' eachother with retarded waterpainting birthday cards that contained culty jibberish....As in "Sarah, you are a deep and special person.  I see the inner child within you. I feel your power. You make a difference and when you got me out of my truth propheet I - I've never felt so loved. My little kid wants to play with your little kid. You're really a dreamer with a big heart. " Your honesty empowers my dreams to become a real giver" ....

8. Dinner ended and deep & dark depression ensued. That 30 minutes was 'GONE FOREVER'.

Thank god it's over.

TOO Funny! That is about how I remember it Dish.

At Cedu RS - we had actual sugar icing fr our cakes. However, on my birthday they had run out. So I had kool whip on my dry overcooked bland cake.

Also - we only got to have 10-12 guests. At house around the pit - they had you and all of your friends arm in arm up in front and the whole house would sing happy birthday to you.

There was always some brown nosing goody good that got invited to EVERYONE's birthday. I hated those people...

I remember on my 16th birthday, I got a stuft animal and a pair of running shoes. I was INCREDIBLY depressed. My whole life, I had dreamed of the car in the driveway. Instead, I got ripped in a rap and was on bans from half the people I would have liked to sit at my tabe. Not too mention that shitty cake and water colored cards talking about my inner child.

Coincidently, I was on work details a few months later and had to clean the walk in. I swiped a bunch of icing out of it and the kids that night had to have a "Kool whip Cake" too. It was sweet revenge...

Consequently, I had to do more work details later on when I copped out to it.

Offline dishdutyfugitive

• View Profile
Sweet 16 Truth propheet
« Reply #10 on: December 17, 2007, 07:14:30 PM »
Black market icing? I did that once in summit never coped out.

You truly are a giant, I see you shine. I know we haven't spent quality time this week and they way you ran your anger in our rap today it really touched my little kid. Your work is a  vision of love letting go of fear and the tender heart of a rose .

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Classic
« Reply #11 on: December 17, 2007, 07:55:40 PM »
http://www.flickr.com/photos/cedu/

there are some pretty classic cedy cards on here if you have not seen these yet.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Classic
« Reply #12 on: December 17, 2007, 07:56:07 PM »
http://www.flickr.com/photos/cedu/

there are some pretty classic cedu cards on here if you have not seen these yet.

Offline try another castle

• Registered Users
    • View Profile
Sweet 16 Truth propheet
« Reply #13 on: December 17, 2007, 08:19:12 PM »
You truly are a giant, I see you shine. I know we haven't spent quality time this week and they way you ran your anger in our rap today it really touched my little kid. Your work is a  vision of love letting go of fear and the tender heart of a rose .

I... will... never... stop... slapping... you.  ::bangin::

Offline dishdutyfugitive

• View Profile
Sweet 16 Truth propheet
« Reply #14 on: December 17, 2007, 08:23:58 PM »
Castle

please do the artwork for the first edition of my new line of  lovefestcultcards.