Author Topic: CEDU opens under new ownership  (Read 1968 times)

Offline TheWho

• View Profile
Parents to Blame?
« Reply #15 on: July 18, 2008, 11:19:07 PM »
A little harsh for this late at night but I have to say it…….. and Ya know I have spoken to plenty of parents and kids.  The parents will tell you that after the kids get home and everyone is talking again that the kid knew it was coming.  The  kids will tell you that they didn’t give the parents any other option…..parents lost all control over the child and the kids did whatever they wanted.  It is terrifying for some families and younger siblings being exposed to all of this.

So if someone tries to tell you that they were grabbed out of their bed in the middle of the night and taken to a program for no reason at all you know it is a bunch of hog wash.  Not one kid I ever spoke to didn’t know what was coming down the pike and why…. But kids are going to be kids and will continue to blame their parents for their own screw ups until they grow out of it and then eventually get their own kids … and the cycle continues and we all learn…. And so it goes….

« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline dishdutyfugitive

• View Profile
    • http://www.foxmovies.com/fightclub/
Re: CEDU opens under new ownership
« Reply #16 on: July 18, 2008, 11:41:00 PM »
out

sourced

parenting

Outsourcing for the little things is understandable in this day and age. I outsource everything that I'm incapable of.

Incapable meaning -

- Things I'm not good at  (cooking, laundry and gift giving)

- Things I loathe (spring cleaning, moving and shopping

- Things that take up too much of my time  (standing in line at the DMV, shopping, commuting)

Typically it's a combination of all 3.

Being able to afford the luxury of outsourcing all things big and small does not predicate moral exemption of one's choices or actions.

But I suppose we all know if we've crossed the line and we simply pay lip service to the substance of our being.
« Last Edit: July 19, 2008, 12:05:21 AM by dishdutyfugitive »

Offline TheWho

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 18, 2008, 11:57:38 PM »
Quote from: "dishdutyfugitive"
out

sourced

parenting
Good point DDF, It is, in a way!!  It is a good way of looking at it!!   For example if your child gets a cut on his foot and you fix it up with a band aid and a couple of days later it develops an infection.. what are you going to do?  Pretend there is no problem?  Hope it goes away on its own or the child grows out of it?  The parent needs to know when to ask for help and “out source the problem” if needed.  The parents cant feel ashamed that they face a problem they cant solve on their own, the main thing is that they get the help they need for their child.  Sure the doctor may ask you why you didn’t clean it out better before putting on the bandage, but you need to suck it up for the childs sake and ask for help.  My grandparents would never outsource anything, gangrene could set in and they would keep the kid home another day to see if it got better  instead of admitting they needed help from anyone.  Nothing to be ashamed of.

Offline dishdutyfugitive

• View Profile
    • http://www.foxmovies.com/fightclub/
« Reply #18 on: July 19, 2008, 12:11:33 AM »
Outsourcing for the little things is understandable in this day and age. I outsource everything that I'm incapable of.

Incapable meaning -

- Things I'm not good at  (cooking, laundry and gift giving)

- Things I loathe (spring cleaning, moving and shopping

- Things that take up too much of my time  (standing in line at the DMV, shopping, commuting)

Typically it's a combination of all 3.

Being able to afford the luxury of outsourcing all things big and small does not predicate moral exemption of one's choices or actions.

But I suppose we all know if we've crossed the line and we simply pay lip service to the substance of our being.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 19, 2008, 12:23:33 AM »
I just love it when TheWho likens programs to actual treatment practiced by competent professionals, don't you?