Author Topic: SCIENTOLOGY (TM)  (Read 16271 times)

Offline Paul

• View Profile
SCIENTOLOGY (TM)
« Reply #105 on: June 29, 2005, 06:47:00 AM »
On 2005-06-28 22:31:00, Anonymous wrote:

"I, for one (the fug anon) am NOT reading it, thankyaverramuch..."

Prove that you are not reading it, ole "post o matic"!
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »
or those who don\'t understand my position, on all subjects:

* Understand the law and your rights.

* Make sure you have the freedom of choice.

* Seek and receive unbiased information and
know the source of information.

Offline Paul

• View Profile
SCIENTOLOGY (TM)
« Reply #106 on: June 29, 2005, 06:52:00 AM »
http://www.xenutv.com/print/LAT-1I.htm

It has a staff -- but no congregation -- and its fiscal 1987 income was $503 million, according to court documents filed by the church.

The rest of the story is just over 500 words ...

Offline Paul

• View Profile
SCIENTOLOGY (TM)
« Reply #107 on: June 29, 2005, 06:59:00 AM »
http://psych.org/news_room/press_releas ... erview.pdf

Release no. 05-39

APA Responds to Tom Cruise?s Today Show Interview
Arlington, Va. - The American Psychiatric Association (APA) released the following statement in response to Tom Cruise?s anti-psychiatry remarks. While the APA respects the right of individuals to express their own points of view, science has proven that mental illnesses are real medical conditions that affect millions of Americans.

?It is irresponsible for Mr. Cruise to use his movie publicity tour to promote his own ideological views and deter people with mental illness from getting the care they need,? said APA President Dr. Steven S. Sharfstein.

Over the past five years, the nation has more than doubled its investment in the study of the human brain and behavior, leading to a vastly expanded understanding of postpartum depression, bipolar disorder and attention-deficit/hyperactivity disorder.

Much of this research has been conducted by the National Institutes of Health and the nation?s leading academic institutions. Safe and effective treatments are available and may include talk therapy, medication or a combination of the two.

Rigorous, published, peer-reviewed research clearly demonstrates that treatment works. Medications can be an important and even life-saving part of a comprehensive and individualized treatment plan.

As in other areas of medicine, medications are a safe and effective way to improve the quality of life for millions of Americans who have mental health concerns.

Mental health is a critical ingredient of overall health. It is unfortunate that in the face of this remarkable scientific and clinical progress that a small number of individuals and groups persist in questioning its legitimacy.

The diagnosis of a mental illness no longer carries the fear or shame it once did, according to a recent APA consumer survey. Nearly 90 percent of Americans surveyed correctly believe that people with mental illness can live healthy lives and an overwhelming majority (80 percent) feels confident that mental health treatment works.

Study findings also show that nearly 70 percent of people surveyed view going to a psychiatrist as a sign of strength.

?We know that treatment works,? said APA Medical Director James H. Scully Jr., M.D. ?And since safe, effective treatments are available, Americans can have what everyone wants ? healthy minds and healthy lives.?

About the American Psychiatric Association:
The American Psychiatric Association is a national medical specialty society whose nearly 36,000 physician members specialize in the diagnosis, treatment and prevention of mental illnesses including substance use disorders.

Healthy Minds. Healthy Lives.

Care that works to get your mind healthy again so you can lead a healthy life. Visit APA at http://www.psych.org and
http://www.healthyminds.org.
###

Offline Carmel

• View Profile
SCIENTOLOGY (TM)
« Reply #108 on: June 29, 2005, 09:38:00 AM »
On 2005-06-27 14:50:00, Anonymous wrote:

"First it was just him and Timoclea and Deborah on an asinine thread on the Teen Help that no one but them had any interest in because it turned into a bicker thing. Then Paul starts posting replies and threads in other forums specifically calling out Deborah. It was getting creepy. Creepy, I tell you, his obsession with Deborah's posts. Not only creepy, but absurd, telling Deborah she had some ethical obligation to reveal her beliefs or say her source was related to Scientology. THEN he comes over here and bumps ANOTHER thread about Scientology, and KEEPS ON calling out Deborah, and he was posting long ass cut and pastes that were about nothing but his obsession with posting long ass cut and pastes about Scientology just to make more noise than Deborah, so Ginger politely requested that he just post links to such long ass articles so he wasn't leaching off her server with his obsession. THEN he kept on cutting and pasting and posting these articles!

Anyhoo, that's the background story. Maybe you'd have seen it differently if you had seen the whole thing unfold over a period of days. "

Creepy doesnt equal banned in my book.  But Ginger has already explained that.  You cant honestly say that this particular forum isnt comprised of at the very least, 60-70% creepy ranting posts.  I think its ridiculous Anon, to use the idea that someone is creepy to justify them being refused entry.

And in regards to posting long articles....check out the the stuff Sammie just posted...which I think is great information BTW, but if you are going to get all in a wad about long article posting its only fair to apply it to everyone.  I dont see anyone having a cow over that.

Whats creepy to me is that I am getting this visual of a person standing there, angry about dogshit on the riverbank, when the whole river is made of shit to begin with.
...hands went up and people hit the floor, he wasted two kids that ran for the door....."
-Beastie Boys, Paul Revere

Offline teachback

• View Profile
SCIENTOLOGY (TM)
« Reply #109 on: June 29, 2005, 11:25:00 AM »
On 2005-06-29 03:47:00, Paul wrote:

Prove that you are not reading it, ole "post o matic"!"
FUCK you, Paul....you self-absorbed asswipe. You're a narcissistic jackass - unbelieveable that you would call ANYONE else something like a post-o-matic. What a fucking TOOL you are!! You're WORSE THAN THE SCIENTOLOGISTS with you're OCD bullshit.

How could anyone "prove" that they're not reading your prosaic mile-long cut-and-paste posts? Guess you'll just have to take my word for it, as much as it (I'm sure) pains you to do so...

This dead thread just passed 1,000 views

Who gives a fuck?

Offline Paul

• View Profile
SCIENTOLOGY (TM)
« Reply #110 on: June 29, 2005, 12:04:00 PM »
On 2005-06-29 08:25:00, Frank Discussion wrote:

"
On 2005-06-29 03:47:00, Paul wrote:

Prove that you are not reading it, ole "post o matic"!"

FUCK you, Paul....you self-absorbed asswipe. You're a narcissistic jackass - unbelieveable that you would call ANYONE else something like a post-o-matic. What a fucking TOOL you are!! You're WORSE THAN THE SCIENTOLOGISTS with you're OCD bullshit.

How could anyone "prove" that they're not reading your prosaic mile-long cut-and-paste posts? Guess you'll just have to take my word for it, as much as it (I'm sure) pains you to do so...

This dead thread just passed 1,000 views

Who gives a fuck?"

"How could anyone "prove" that they're not reading ..."

You and the other complainers are too funny.

BTW - if you all are reading this, then you are here, and you are reading this thread :smile: Got it! Duh!

Talk about taking the bait ... wow! Impressive!!

I am stunned that you feel comfortable being critical of a thread or a topic you do not like, instead of just ignoring it.

You want freedom, you got it. Now you are showing you can't handle it.

From an outsider of this teen behavior modification industry, it is the complainers and insult mongers who who make me wonder if your enrollment was your own fault. Sadly nothing seems to have changed in your lives, the only consistancy is juvenile annoyance.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
SCIENTOLOGY (TM)
« Reply #111 on: June 29, 2005, 12:15:00 PM »
"From an outsider of this teen behavior modification industry, it is the complainers and insult mongers who who make me wonder if your enrollment was your own fault. Sadly nothing seems to have changed in your lives, the only consistancy is juvenile annoyance."

::both::

Offline teachback

• View Profile
SCIENTOLOGY (TM)
« Reply #112 on: June 29, 2005, 12:19:00 PM »
BTW - if you all are reading this, then you are here, and you are reading this thread  Got it! Duh!

Wrong again, moron. Maybe I just skim or not even that. My reply was to your asinine suggestion that I somehow 'prove' that I'm not reading this thread. Well I'm not reading it, simple as that. In other words, dumbass...just to make sure that you GET it this time -- one can visit a thread without reading it.

Is this concept too over your head? :wave:

Offline Paul

• View Profile
SCIENTOLOGY (TM)
« Reply #113 on: June 29, 2005, 12:20:00 PM »
On 2005-06-29 09:15:00, Anonymous wrote:

"

"From an outsider of this teen behavior modification industry, it is the complainers and insult mongers who who make me wonder if your enrollment was your own fault. Sadly nothing seems to have changed in your lives, the only consistancy is juvenile annoyance."

::both:: "

Proving my observation even further, thanks, but not necessary.

I am not happy about the observation, it just seems to be accurate, sadly.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
SCIENTOLOGY (TM)
« Reply #114 on: June 29, 2005, 12:24:00 PM »
Thanks for showing us how stupid you really are. Really.

Offline teachback

• View Profile
SCIENTOLOGY (TM)
« Reply #115 on: June 29, 2005, 12:26:00 PM »
Paul seems to be an expert at this. :rofl:

Offline Antigen

• View Profile
    • http://wwf.Fornits.com/
SCIENTOLOGY (TM)
« Reply #116 on: June 29, 2005, 02:06:00 PM »
Well now! If we're going in for a round of online psyche diagnosis, I'm game!

I think Paul suffers from SPD
http://www.autistics.org/isnt/dsn-staff.html

To err is human; to forgive is simply not our policy.

-- MIT Assasination Club slogan

"Don\'t let the past remind us of what we are not now."
~ Crosby Stills Nash & Young, Sweet Judy Blue Eyes

Offline teachback

• View Profile
SCIENTOLOGY (TM)
« Reply #117 on: June 29, 2005, 03:23:00 PM »
Condescending....

Persistent or stereotyped use of euphemisms, jargon, deceptive language, and double standards in language.

Rigidity in application of rules and explanations to other people. (case in point -- harping on how ppl "read" his thread)

Offline Paul

• View Profile
SCIENTOLOGY (TM)
« Reply #118 on: June 30, 2005, 06:48:00 AM »
http://www.xenutv.com/print/LAT-2A.htm

Frequently, a person's first contact with Scientology comes when he is approached by a staff member on the street and offered a free personality test, or receives a lengthy questionnaire in the mail.

Using charts and graphs, the idea is to convince a person that he has some problem, or "ruin," that Scientology can fix, while assuaging concerns he may have about the church. According to Hubbard, "if the job has been done well, the person should be worried."

---

This article is 2,200 words in length.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
SCIENTOLOGY (TM)
« Reply #119 on: June 30, 2005, 07:09:00 AM »
was watching something on an old Regis Philbin talk show spoof. There was this cat and he was an expert at double talk. The other talk show guess was expected to act like they knew what the double talker was saying. She smiled and played along, but the guy really was saying gobble-dee-gook.

I wish I knew how to be a double talk expert like that. It would get me out of alot of shit with cops, with folk in southland u.s.a., and in general. I just think most of the shit people say is shit anyways ...why not help it along? ya know, general fears and worries simply being confused and expounded with saying things that make even less sense.