• View Profile
beware
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2003, 06:44:00 AM »
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
beware
« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2003, 10:25:00 AM »
I mean, come on. aND THAT AIN'T NO [H O T L I N E] EITHER!!!!!

SCIENTOLOGY IS THE BIGGEST CULT IN THE USA RIGHT NOW, anyone who doesn't know this is a complete moron.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
beware
« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2003, 10:28:00 AM »
..."RELIGION" my ass.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
beware
« Reply #4 on: July 03, 2003, 11:47:00 AM »

Offline METALGOD8

• View Profile
beware
« Reply #5 on: July 03, 2003, 11:53:00 AM »
It would appear to me that Mr. Ross has quite an impressive background. It looks as if this topic is simply giving advance notice to people who may not know who he is. What's the reference to ISAC all about? I thought we were past that.

MG8 :smokin:

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
beware
« Reply #6 on: July 05, 2003, 08:28:00 AM »
In this case, the poster of the original link is not just sending a friendly anonymous warning.

Religiousfreedomwatch.org is an Orwellian site name, given that the Church of Scientology, which is behind the site, does not believe in religious freedom for anyone but themselves.

I'm not sure why the CoS would take an interest in this site, but if they seriosly have, then we might see some other shennanigans.

I would suspect that those of you who have made your email addresses available here should watch out for emails from strangers slamming people like Wes Fager.  If you receive emails from strangers that include "scandalous" information about someone here, you probably want to give the target of that email a chance to clarify what actually happened.  

These people specialize in half-truths and lies that fade in their "scandalousness" when you get the whole picture. Consider how bad each of us here could be made to look if they only revealed part of the picture.  Just because we post here they could try say about any of us that:

1. We used to be in drug rehabs
2. We are bitter about having been taken out of our druggie lifestyle.
2. We now have ties with known criminals, advocates of drug use, and advocates of drug legalization.
3. We consort with people who oppose the president and the governor of Florida because of their courageous roles in the war against drugs.

For some of you, they could even say that:
1. You are known criminals (by virtue of your drug use)
2. Are admitted drug users now
3. Even your families have written you off because of your unrepentant drug use and your failure to recognize the value of drug rehabilitation.

If this sounds paranoid, check out the religiousfreedomwatch site, then check out sites critical of the Church of Scientology (like xenu.net) and see what I'm talking about.

Offline Antigen

• View Profile
    • http://wwf.Fornits.com/
beware
« Reply #7 on: July 05, 2003, 12:55:00 PM »
I could be wrong, but I think, for the most part, Program vets have a pretty high natural immunity to clams.

I remember one day in around 1985, I was staying with my dad cause I had broken up with my boyfriend. My daughter was with her father for the weekend. So, being fairly broke and somewhat down-in-the-mouth, I decided to go down to the Swap Shop and look for some inexpensive stuff to brighten the back room that Dad was letting us share with some of his most treasured antique tools and periodical collections.

So there I was, browsing carpet remnants and nick-nacks, all by my lonesome when a small group of young people approached me and tried to sell me some Dyanetics. I may have been a little depressed, but it was circumstantial. Plus I was little sick with the chronic bronchitis that hung with me for around a decade after the Program. So I probably looked like an ideal mark.

Well, looks can be deceiving. I didn't know much about the clams back then. But I was pretty big on sci-fi paperbacks as a kid and not at all impressed with the guru of Dyanetics. When I finally put it together that the author of book they were hawking as the true Bible for the ages was none other than, I started laughing and told them I didn't think I could use any life changing advice from a half assed scifi writer.

MAN! Did that piss them off! It was amazing. I thought they were just selling books and would just move on to the next mark. But they sort of tried to surround me and started yelling at me about how great and wonderful their master of the universe was and what an impudent little bug I was in comparison and how I'd be sorry one day for dissing him.

Well, that seemed quite familiar on the one hand. But set and setting are just so important. Instead of a group of brainwashed zombies ready to throw my ass on the floor of a warehouse behind closed doors, I was surrounded by Saturday bargain hunters and vendors in an open air carnival atmosphere. And I was deeply grateful to the universe for granting me the liberty to laugh hard and say "What a bunch of FRUITCAKES!" as I walked off to check out some nice deep pile buff carpet just about the size of my safe little nest in Dad's apartment.

I've also had similar aversions to the kinds of social and ecconomic ties that rely on shallow pretense or that are susceptible rank ad hominem attacks. Those who know me know me well and all the rest can go to Hell.

The most important bill in our whole code is that for the diffusion of
knowledge among the people. No other sure foundation can be devised, for the preservation of freedom and happiness.

--Thomas Jefferson

Anonymity Anonymous
"Don\'t let the past remind us of what we are not now."
~ Crosby Stills Nash & Young, Sweet Judy Blue Eyes

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
beware
« Reply #8 on: July 05, 2003, 01:14:00 PM »
"A naughty person, a wicked man, walks with a perverse mouth. He winks with his eyes, he speaks with his feet, he teaches with his fingers; Perverseness and willfullness is in his heart, he devises mischief continually; he soweth discord. Therefore shall his calamity come suddenly; suddenly shall he be broken without remedy. These things does the Lord hate: yea, seven are an abomination unto Him. A proud look, a lying tongue, and hands that shed innocent blood, a heart that devises wicked imaginations, feet that are swift in running to mischief. A false witness who speaks lies, and he that sows discord among brethren."  
   PROVERBS 6:12-19

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
beware
« Reply #9 on: July 05, 2003, 09:35:00 PM »
Repent or be cast to the Devil!
 :nworthy:

Offline ClayL

• View Profile
beware
« Reply #10 on: July 07, 2003, 09:20:00 AM »
On 2003-07-05 05:28:00, Anonymous wrote:

... Just because we post here they could try say about any of us that:

1. We used to be in drug rehabs

2. We are bitter about having been taken out of our druggie lifestyle.

2. We now have ties with known criminals, advocates of drug use, and advocates of drug legalization.

3. We consort with people who oppose the president and the governor of Florida because of their courageous roles in the war against drugs.

For some of you, they could even say that:

1. You are known criminals (by virtue of your drug use)

2. Are admitted drug users now

3. Even your families have written you off because of your unrepentant drug use and your failure to recognize the value of drug rehabilitation."

Its not like any of us are running for political office. Elections are about the only place where this kind of thing seems to matter. Further, not being public figures, an organization can say very little in the form of a personal attack without being held libelous. In fact, about the only place I can be personally attacked freely, is here in this forum.

CL

Offline METALGOD8

• View Profile
beware
« Reply #11 on: July 07, 2003, 12:19:00 PM »
Sounds like some people here are paranoid.
If you have someone you wish to have speak to survivors about treatment abuse, why pick someone who kidnapped and abused a cult survivor, let alone rides a wave of such great controversy? Is this all lies that the courts made up just to make Ross look bad? Are you plugging the Rick Ross cult deprogramming methods? Sounds rather contradictory to the theme of the conference doesn't it? The point here is that people who attend the conference should know more about who's speaking there, especially the survivors.

MG8 :smokin:

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
beware
« Reply #12 on: July 07, 2003, 02:11:00 PM »
:idea: i knew it.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
beware
« Reply #13 on: July 07, 2003, 10:39:00 PM »
Golly metaldog if you feel so strongly about it perhaps you should ask Rick Ross to remove ISAC's link from off his site then! After all, ISAC wouldn't want to "plug the Ross cult deprogramming methods."

Or better yet, ISAC should put a disclaimer about Ross on their site right next to the one that says they aren't affiliated with or endorse SAFETY. That way, we can all watch the list grow together, like one great big happy & blind family!

Incidentally, no one is paranoid because no matter how many different ways you try to deceptively destroy the freedom fighters around you, we always know who the stick is in this shit: ISAC.  :wink:

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
beware
« Reply #14 on: July 08, 2003, 12:22:00 PM »
"Its not like any of us are running for political office. Elections are about the only place where this kind of thing seems to matter."

The above quote follows the post about watching out for emails from people slamming someone like Rick Ross.  My point was not that we should be paranoid here, because you're right.  For the most part, Scientology has no need to slam someone just because they post on this board.

The point was that you also can't take what they say about Rick Ross or anyone else at face value. Probably no one here will ever hear from Scientology directly, but you might.  If you hear from a helpful stranger who provides "scandalous" information about someone here, just keep in mind how easy it is to twist the facts, and ask yourself why they would feel the need to provide "helpful" information like that.

I can understand why it would look paranoid, and I really don't think it's worth a lot of worry.  Still, if more weird little posts start showing up attacking the character of certain individuals, you may want to do a little reading about Scientology.