Author Topic: YLF 2008 raid schedule.. come one come all!  (Read 7997 times)

Offline Che Gookin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
YLF 2008 raid schedule.. come one come all!
« on: December 03, 2007, 12:30:55 AM »
With the conclusion of the benchmark campaign I'd like to begin organizing an entire month of raids all across the USA.

I'd like to try and see the following:

1 raid or more every month for the whole year of 2008.

Footage from the raid posted on youtube.

Photos posted on various public internet sites.

I'm aiming for this campaign to kick off in January. To prepare for it I'm going to organize a selection of raid patches and t shirts. The t shirts will be avaliable on Cafe Press and I'm not looking to make any sort of profit off of them. The patches will be made here in Korea and will be custom designed for each individual raid.

An example of a raid patch is:

I will also be making up some YLF regional patches for those who wish to wear them as well. This of course is optional as the entire effort demands that the focus be on the raiding of programs rather than the wearing of proper attire.

The patches will be free of charge and made avaliable as a token of my appreciation for your hard work. Also they look pretty damn cool and might just inspire a few questions giving you the wearer a chance to educated some of the bovine like masses on this issue.
« Last Edit: December 03, 2007, 07:37:54 PM by Guest »

Offline Nihilanthic

• View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2007, 12:34:30 AM »
I fully support this, 100%.

And for that matter, I have two ideas

a) four seperate raid groups

b) two that alternate

I doubt one group could do 4 raids in a row for a month... but, eh, who knows.

Anyway, anyone interested in protesting FOR THE KIDS, post here, lets get some shit set up.

And for that matter lets meet up and get to know each other before we start picketing and video-taping. I mean gook and psy became butt buddies real quick but that doesn't mean WE will  :roll:
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »
DannyB on the internet:I CALLED A LAWYER TODAY TO SEE IF I COULD SUE YOUR ASSES FOR DOING THIS BUT THAT WAS NOT POSSIBLE.

CCMGirl on program restraints: "DON\'T TAZ ME BRO!!!!!"

TheWho on program survivors: "From where I sit I see all the anit-program[sic] people doing all the complaining and crying."

Offline Che Gookin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2007, 12:37:47 AM »
I was sort of hoping for 4 different groups to spread the workload out. But I'm guessing we will go with what support that can be raised.

What I suggest is having people claim what week they want in Febuary and should there be multiple raids in one week all the more better.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2007, 01:15:11 AM »
I propose that the Youth Liberation Organization stage its Second Annual Protest at the Three Springs Paint Rock Valley facility in Trenton, Alabama.

Any of you buttfuckers game?

Any of you buttfuckers want to be leader?

Offline Che Gookin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 03, 2007, 01:24:02 AM »
Well if you want to spring for my plane ticket from Korea to Alabama I'd consider it.

The real question is my anon poster is ARe you game?

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 03, 2007, 01:27:04 AM »
Quote from: ""Che Gookin""
Well if you want to spring for my plane ticket from Korea to Alabama I'd consider it.

The real question is my anon poster is ARe you game?

I'll chip in. It's for a good cause.

Offline Che Gookin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 03, 2007, 01:29:53 AM »
Or you could spend your hard earned dollars on transporting yourself to the nearest facility and hosting your own raid. I'll be back in the states after my contract is completed next december. I have plans for several raids at my own expense.

Three Springs will be one of them.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 03, 2007, 01:35:41 AM »
Or you could spend your hard earned dollars on transporting yourself to the nearest facility and hosting your own raid. I'll be back in the states after my contract is completed next december. I have plans for several raids at my own expense.

Three Springs will be one of them.

Keep me posted, l'il buddy. I'll see you in Trenton. I'm so excited, I can hardly wait.

Offline Che Gookin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 03, 2007, 01:39:35 AM »
I'd be much oblidged if you can figure out what days are parent days for around that time. Be mighty helpful as the parents all have to drive up the same road to get to PRVB and PRVG.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 03, 2007, 01:49:32 AM »
I'd be much oblidged if you can figure out what days are parent days for around that time. Be mighty helpful as the parents all have to drive up the same road to get to PRVB and PRVG.

Email: [email protected]

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 03, 2007, 08:29:39 AM »
Quote from: ""Guest""

Email: [email protected]

ifn you REALLY knew what you were talkin about, guest, you wouldn have used or posted THAT ady.

I call TROLL.

Offline Che Gookin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 03, 2007, 04:24:38 PM »
Anyone?

Offline AuntieEm2

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 03, 2007, 05:29:57 PM »
I'm open to discussion.

Would it help to be strategic about this? Programs that would be good targets might fit some of the following criteria (and others I'm sure you can suggest):

1. Size of program - reaching the most students, etc.
2. Proximity of the main buildings to public areas, such as roads. I've seen pictures of Spring Creek Lodge, for example, and from those pics I would say no one would see you demonstrating.
3. Good documentation of abuse, and/or program survivor on the team.
4. Presence of parents/parents weekend.
5. Others?

Or am I just overthinking this? Che, I know you say any program any time...

Auntie Em
Tough love is a hate group.
"I have sworn...eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man." -Thomas Jefferson.

Offline Che Gookin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 03, 2007, 05:38:54 PM »
The components of a raid. Just ensure people that what I'm proposing isn't a huge financial outlay I want go over a few of the basic elements of what constitutes a good raid. Before I get to that I want to examine what I believe to be a raid well done.

A successful raid reaches the kids in the program.

* These kids need to know that they haven't been forgotten. This is why I believe the signs must point inwards.

A successful raid educates those that come into contact with the protestors.

* By raising the awareness of the community over the long term it is possible that the program can be contained or shut down completely.

A raid well done is one that isn't forced to leave the area by allowing the cops to intimidate them.

* Police presence is benificial as it allows the protestors a chance to educate the authorities.

The only thing a good raider needs is the following:

1 lawn chair

1 sign

a pile of hand outs for the natives

Camera if he or she can manage it.

And dedication to standing firm when the program staff become abusive, police become nasty, and even the kids turn on you.

Just stand your ground, on public property of course, and be polite.

Offline Che Gookin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 03, 2007, 05:46:48 PM »
Quote from: ""AuntieEm2""
I'm open to discussion.

Would it help to be strategic about this? Programs that would be good targets might fit some of the following criteria (and others I'm sure you can suggest):

I say pick one within driving distance of your house. Plenty of teen challenges out there to hit.

1. Size of program - reaching the most students, etc.

It doesn't matter if it is a 1 person program or a 300 person program. Just so long as the kid/kids held inside know that you are there and you are thinking of them. Use signs, loud music(right before you leave), and leave flyers..

2. Proximity of the main buildings to public areas, such as roads. I've seen pictures of Spring Creek Lodge, for example, and from those pics I would say no one would see you demonstrating.

Febuary might be a good time to avoid Montana.. just due to the weather.. but good point.. which is why I suggest reconning the program before you hit it to get a good idea of the sight lines.
3. Good documentation of abuse, and/or program survivor on the team.

This is helpful but not needed. I say raid the place based solely on the deprivation of due process, legal representation, and human rights violations. Hell compare the place to Gitmo if you have to.. won't be a stretch in most cases, and in some Gitmo is a holiday paradise in comparison. Just have a good idea of the treatment methodoly and how it is harmful and find out if the company has any lawsuits, deaths, injuries, or staff arrests for crimes against the students.
4. Presence of parents/parents weekend.

exactly.. you read my mind.

5. Others?

Not off the top of my head..

Or am I just overthinking this? Che, I know you say any program any time...

no you aren't over thinking.. any program anytime yes but a little preperation and investigation can maximize your presence. Knowing the enemy is half the battle as Gi Joe says.

Auntie Em[/quote]