Author Topic: YLF 2008 raid schedule.. come one come all!  (Read 7872 times)

Offline Che Gookin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
YLF 2008 raid schedule.. come one come all!
« Reply #30 on: December 04, 2007, 03:37:18 PM »
push conference button on yim messenger window.. select which names to invite.. click send...

bingo.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline dishdutyfugitive

• View Profile
    • http://www.foxmovies.com/fightclub/
« Reply #31 on: December 04, 2007, 03:56:43 PM »
the web based YIM   (http://webmessenger.yahoo.com/)

or

the YIM that you download to your computer( i think you referring to this one)

Offline Che Gookin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: December 04, 2007, 04:00:32 PM »
downloadable version.

web based doesn't do conferences.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Come on, Papa! Mama needs a new server!
« Reply #33 on: December 04, 2007, 04:52:57 PM »
Now is the time. I just feel it in me bones.

http://www.youth-liberation.com/ is getting an ad. I just worked out some of the details w/ Che. I guess the YLF blog is the defacto news letter, so that's a done deal. Soon we'll have Psy's DVD. He promised me a nice jazzy trailer, too. It's not really all that hard to get a demonstration going here and there every so often almost forever. They're fun, all it costs is poster board and marker ink and whatever it costs to carry your shaggy ass to the spot.

Deprogrammed, NCL and some friends just did Pathway Family Center (fka Kids Helping Kids, fka Straight, Inc.) in Milford, Oh and got local ABC affiliate news coverage again. This is the second one in a couple of years. I'm posting pictures and documentary @ http://fornits.com/anonanon/KHK_Protest_11-07/ and DP has some other sites where she's covering it. Check her out.

Let's just make sure we well document and cross promote these events and stay in touch with each other so we can compare notes and tweak our strategies.

Then what? Well, we might be able to raise enough money and awareness (ew!) to crank it up a notch. If I had a rack mounted server right now, we could have done live streaming video on both gigs.

As far as documenting abuse vs getting it on tape, I think it's a good idea to get as much info as practical ahead of time. You have to know what you're demonstrating about, after all, and be sure you believe what you're saying. But Gook's right, a picture tells a thousand words. Just having what passes for a normal conversation with these people tells a whole lot about what's going on, plus it's lots of fun.

Now, as to a next target, I'm thinking we should go after the big McTherapy chains like Teen Challenge. For one thing they're conveniently located to just about anybody who wants to party like this. For another they're largely publicly funded, which constitutes a vested interest on the part of the entire public. They're big! Ask around and see if anybody you know has been through it.

BTW, If anybody does a raid by Christmas, please carry this sign "Your family misses you, they're just not allowed to say so!"

Offline Che Gookin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: December 04, 2007, 05:15:44 PM »
damn dude.. can I use "Your Family Misses You, They just aren't allowed to tell you" for a Zazzle product?

I'm allowing ginger to promote the YLF on Zazzle and such with all proceeds going to support Fornits. So when you buy a YLF product you not only get to piss off programmies you get to help support free speech.

Offline Che Gookin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: December 04, 2007, 05:22:05 PM »
Also the YLF web page will have an entire section devoted for videos of raids and protests. Let me be clear on this when I say that the page is for aLL Protests.. not just YLF events. i believe it is important that we stand in solidarity with our homies from other orgs like Heal. When they protest we protest and so on and so forth. The protest/raid section of the website is for supporting, acknowledging, and praising prostestors and raiders of all organizations who strive to drive a stake through the hearts of programs.

Further, I want to devote a section for downloadable handouts that you can use freely. PM me potential handouts and such and I'll figure out how to get it all hosted for future use. No point in having to do the same thing 400 times.

Other events I'm hoping to organize..

Visitations to public officials.. visit the mayor, police chief etc.. and give them the good news about the program in their town.

Public speakers.. educating the masses..

I have some other dark deeds in planning and I'll reveal more details about those later. I do promise they will be filled with all sorts of hilarity though.

Offline lorrispickelmire

• View Profile
Want Big Coverage?
« Reply #36 on: December 04, 2007, 11:17:07 PM »
I was thinking about the best way to get huge media coverage,  I had a little thought, but dont know if it could be done.  Launch a raid in every state on the same day!  Alert the media, the industry would shit their knickers because they don't think we are smart enough to organize something that big.  LOL  Start a sign up board where people from each state can sign up, then noone has to travel too far, and we could hit 50 shitpits all at once.  Can it be done?  I think it can, but then again, I am a hopeless optimist.
quot;It will be found an unjust and unwise jealousy to deprive a man of his natural liberty upon the supposition he may abuse it.\"
                                        George Washington

Offline Che Gookin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: December 05, 2007, 01:51:29 AM »
With a year of constant raiding under our belts I believe a simultaneous raid in each state is possible. I think you've proposed a goal that is worthy of our efforts.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: December 05, 2007, 02:25:10 AM »
Don't know how you keep anything under your belt. Don't know how you find a belt, period.

Offline dishdutyfugitive

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: December 05, 2007, 02:28:42 AM »
I thought he just switched to a para-sail and a tugboat to keep his trousers up.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: December 05, 2007, 02:30:50 AM »
What para-sail? All he has to do is spread his arms.

Offline lorrispickelmire

• View Profile
Mean, mean, mean
« Reply #41 on: December 05, 2007, 02:32:22 AM »
Wow you guys are brutal.
quot;It will be found an unjust and unwise jealousy to deprive a man of his natural liberty upon the supposition he may abuse it.\"
                                        George Washington

Offline dishdutyfugitive

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: December 05, 2007, 02:41:49 AM »
He had it as his qoute last week. I was just 'running with it'.

Offline lorrispickelmire

• View Profile
That's Ok, Just Showing Solidarity
« Reply #43 on: December 05, 2007, 03:12:16 AM »
I still love you Che! LOL
                                        George Washington

Offline Che Gookin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: That's Ok, Just Showing Solidarity
« Reply #44 on: December 05, 2007, 05:42:19 AM »
Quote from: ""lorrispickelmire""
I still love you Che! LOL
Heh thanks.