Author Topic: Turning Winds  (Read 15033 times)

Offline Ursus

• View Profile
Re: Turning Winds
« Reply #15 on: July 09, 2009, 02:59:00 AM »
Apparently they now refer to themselves as "Turning Winds Academic Institute."

-------------- • -------------- • --------------

Breaking News
Posted: Jun 26, 2009

Turning Winds Academic Institute
Troy, MT

Turning Winds Student Plant Trees

Carl Baisden
VP Public Relations
208-755-5688
http://www.turningwinds.com

June 22, 2009

On June 11, 2009, students from Turning Winds Academic Institute, along with school director Jake Francom and horticulturist Jill Francom, planted 60 trees in the Old Troy Dump on the hill overlooking the Kootenai River.

Students Maddie Boone, Jordan Lamb, Jordan Smith, Mark Speck and Tim Grimm were excited to volunteer to give back to the community, and at the same time, do something meaningful for the environment.

School director Jake Francom approached Sandy Johnson at the Troy City Hall for volunteer opportunities for the students. Sandy stated that "she was really pleased that Jake called as they had this project that needed to be completed.

The students left the school and drove to Troy City Hall to pick up the trees. When they arrived at the site, students were briefed on the objectives by the school director. They split up in teams, and the horticulturist, Jill Francom, worked with the students to show them how to properly prepare and plant the trees.

While the school director and student Mark Speck dug the holes, the rest of the students prepared the roots and trees and then planted them. Students carried jugs of water to areas where the trees were planted. Mark said that it was "a new experience to plant trees and it was really fun to do something constructive that will help the environment"

All of the students talked about how the effort, energy and accomplishment felt great and they could really see how the project fit into one of the schools 10 Key Virtues: Altruism: the act of engaging in activities for the primary purpose of serving others. Student Maddie Boone said that "it felt really good to volunteer for something that I chose to do and that it was constructive at the same time".

After the project was completed, Sandy Johnson stated that "the trees look healthy and the students were wonderful and really appreciated. They were all well mannered, pleasant, and a pleasure to work with".

Turning Winds Academic Institute is a Private Therapeutic Boarding School for teenagers between 12 and 18 years old in Troy, MT.

Copyright © 2009, Woodbury Reports, Inc.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »
-------------- • -------------- • --------------

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 12, 2009, 03:52:10 PM »
Turning Winds is an amazing place for parents to send their teenagers when they feel that they are out of control.
With caring, dedicated staff, a beautiful facility, and owners that work to ensure quality at all times, the program delivers on its promises. Positive behavior changes are long-term, and have a profound impact on the students.

There has been a blog about a false report of abuse which was dismissed, and after talking with multiple individuals, it was found it to be completely false and the deputy involved was terminated. I highly recommend this program!

Offline ScorpionAngel

• View Profile
    • http://www.heal-online.org/teen.htm
Fornits is a breeding ground for harassment.
« Reply #17 on: October 12, 2009, 08:27:42 PM »
Delete Account.
« Last Edit: April 06, 2010, 05:54:57 PM by ScorpionAngel »
Angela Smith
HEAL Coordinator
http://http://www.heal-online.org/childtortureusa.htm

"Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable."--JFK

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 28, 2009, 12:44:33 AM »
I was enrolled in this program in 2003 and stayed there until me and another girl ran away in 2004 and let me tell you this was the worst experience of my life I still have nightmares to this day! I see they finally took my picture off there little web page!

Offline joshua s meyer

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 08, 2011, 02:28:25 AM »
My Name is joshua Meyer. I went to Turning Winds. It was the worst experience of my life. I was abused physically and mentally. It has taken me years to overcome the damage that these individuals did to me. I was forced to lie under oath. I was beaten terribly. I was deprived of my most basic needs such as food. I attempted to escape, when i was found carl basden slammed my face into the cement so hard that after seven years i still have a scare. these individuals lied to my parents while i was there. they manipulated them. the conned thousdands of dollars from my family. If you are a parent please please dont send your child to this place. dont believe the testimonials dont believe the lies. The Basdens told my mother that they were Mormon so that she would trust them. There are many things that i wish i could change in my life but the biggest one was allowing these people to force me to lie to an idaho judge and to lie to other parents about what turning winds would do for there child. if you would like to contact me please do. call me on my cell 760-793-6821 or email me at [email protected]. I am working on shutting turning winds down and there is no amount of money that they could offer me to change my mind. these are bad people and they do bad things to familes and children.

Offline Inculcated

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 10, 2011, 02:58:57 PM »
Joshua S Meyer,
I would like to know more about your time at Turning Winds. I’m not very familiar with this program. I am concerned. What were the circumstances which lead to this statement you gave to a judge that you mention? Additionally, were you a minor at the time of that statement? Were you still at Turning Winds at that time? Did this have to do with the injury you also mentioned or other circumstances?
“A person needs a little madness, or else they never dare cut the rope and be free”  Nikos Kazantzakis