Author Topic: KHK Protest November 30th, 2007- Update  (Read 3995 times)

Offline Deprogrammed

• View Profile
    • http://www.pathwayfamilycenter.fornits.com
KHK Protest November 30th, 2007- Update
« on: November 30, 2007, 02:42:55 PM »
I was in front of 6070 Branch Hill-Guinea Pike in Milford Ohio at the old Straight Cincinnati building protesting KHK ( Pathway Family Centers ).
When I started out my journey this morning I was under the misconception that since I was protesting in the early morning by myself that there would be no interest in what I was doing. Boy, was I ever wrong. So I am standing there on the public causeway with frost bitten hands at the 25 degree temperature, holding my signs; and this nice compassionate lady turns around and pulls into the KHK driveway to speak with me. She wanted to know what I was protesting she saw "Teen Oppression" on my sign. So, I simply told her that KHK uses an abusive Straight Inc. treatment modality, and that the other name for KHK is Pathway Family Centers because they own them. I also referred her to all of the websites. She wrote everything and she was extremely interested and had actually heard of the abuses of Straigh Inc. before now. I told her a little of my story and she said to me that she was sorry that it had happened to me and thanked me for telling her my story.
So, in turn I thanked her for taking interest and I appreciated her stopping by.
Another lady pulling out of the program driveway flagged me down said "Hey, what are you doing here?". I said to her, "I am protesting the cult called KHK that is down the very driveway that you just pulled out of". She said back to me, "Their called Pathway now they've changed". So I asked her "Do you work for them?". She replied, "No, I am a program parent, and they've changed their Pathway now". So I replied, "Is Penny Walker still executive director there?". Now, I asked the same question in rapid succession because she would not answer the question. So then I told her since you wont answer that question that tells me that they have not changed. So then I proceeded to tell her a little story about me as a survivor under Penny Walkers tenure. She claimed that this place was better than drugs and it was saving her childs life. She kept asking me why are you doing this, they've changed. So I asked her if she would like a flyer. She told me yes she would like a flyer. So I gave her one, and as I handed her the flyer she still was telling me pro program jargon. So I told her the end does not justify the means with this place and simply informed her again that I am a survivor of KHK and that I know what goes on there. I also informed her that if she is not going to care for her child than I will and that is why I am here.

Warm regards,
-DP
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »
"So, you can make me cum ...that doesn\'t make you, Jesus"....Tori Amos copyright
Read about Pathway Family Centers here.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2007, 05:06:16 PM »
Kick their asses DP!!! I would surely love to've been there...  8-)

Offline hanzomon4

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2007, 05:28:17 AM »
Hooray!!!

Man reading about all the direct action going on is giving me a bit of courage, way to go dude... Oh and this line: "I also informed her that if she is not going to care for her child than I will and that is why I am here." : Golden!
i]Do something real, however, small. And don\'t-- don\'t diss the political things, but understand their limitations - Grace Lee Boggs[/i]
I do see the present and the future of our children as very dark. But I trust the people\'s capacity for reflection, rage, and rebellion - Oscar Olivera

Howto]

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2007, 12:28:10 PM »
When were you in KHK DP?  That's awesome that you did that! and encouraging to hear that people were interested!  If I was in the area I'd join you

Offline Deprogrammed

• View Profile
Answers
« Reply #4 on: December 01, 2007, 06:59:24 PM »
Quote from: ""Guest""
When were you in KHK DP?  That's awesome that you did that! and encouraging to hear that people were interested!  If I was in the area I'd join you

I was in KHK in 1989, but did not leave until early 1991.
I am a survivor and and ex-staff member of Kids Helping Kids.

What area are you in that you can not attend?
If you would like to attend to support the cause next time please Pm
me your contact information and I will give ye advance notice for the next one.

sincerely,
-DP
"So, you can make me cum ...that doesn\'t make you, Jesus"....Tori Amos copyright

Offline Che Gookin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 01, 2007, 07:04:35 PM »
I have tears in my eyes. Well done deprogrammed.. I'm gathering you went out there alone? This is awesome and I wish more people had the stones you have.

Offline wdtony

• View Profile
    • http://www.pfctruth.com
The rest of the story.....
« Reply #6 on: December 01, 2007, 09:02:07 PM »
Excellent work yesterday morning DP. You are truly our anchor.

Are you gonna tell em the rest? Like how many hours you put in? Or what shade of blue your lips were?  :)    

T
Pathway Family Center Truth = http://www.pfctruth.com

Offline wdtony

• View Profile
    • http://www.pfctruth.com
Determination!
« Reply #7 on: December 01, 2007, 09:16:59 PM »
A special thanks goes out to DeProgrammed who braved the cold from early morning until late at night and spent all day protesting alone. That is determination, I salute you!

And to the 2 brave soldiers who fought on, despite the cold and the freaky people. Much appreciation!

T
Pathway Family Center Truth = http://www.pfctruth.com

Offline Deprogrammed

• View Profile
Re: Determination!
« Reply #8 on: December 01, 2007, 10:42:25 PM »
Quote from: ""wdtony""
A special thanks goes out to DeProgrammed who braved the cold from early morning until late at night and spent all day protesting alone. That is determination, I salute you!

And to the 2 brave soldiers who fought on, despite the cold and the freaky people. Much appreciation!

T

thank you Tony,
Which two brave soldiers?
-DP

Offline Ursus

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 01, 2007, 11:22:49 PM »
Awesome, awesome, awesome...!!!  Hopefully that program parent will give your words some thought!
-------------- • -------------- • --------------

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 09, 2007, 05:25:10 PM »
Can you imagine what the next open meeting was like!!!!!!!!

OMG!!!!!

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 09, 2007, 07:22:55 PM »
Probably a bit of a disappointment, as usual.

Offline Che Gookin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 10, 2007, 05:11:19 AM »
No doubt the next open meeting was full of long winded tirades against the protestors involving charges of drug abuse, sodomy, and horse molesting.

They pulled the same stunt against Psy at Benchmark pretty much the same day or so we showed up there.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 10, 2007, 08:43:42 AM »
No doubt the next open meeting was full of long winded tirades against the protestors involving charges of drug abuse, sodomy, and horse molesting.

No, the KHK way is to ignore ignore ignore.  If something is not ok by program standards, then just pretend it didn't happen!  The kids won't notice!  Some kid is screaming in time out?  Just pretend you don't hear it. Most of the KHK staff is in denial about the truth of their own program.  

Parent groups though, I'm sure that you all were picked apart, on drugs, trying to kidnap children (ironic!) nothing you said was valid, etc etc.  

Hopefully some of the parents are questioning their blind devotion to the program as a result of your efforts!  Even if program acts like nothing is the matter, people don't stand in the freezing cold for nothing!  Parents should know that!

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 12, 2007, 10:59:37 PM »
Quote from: ""denial""

No, the KHK way is to ignore ignore ignore.  If something is not ok by program standards, then just pretend it didn't happen!  The kids won't notice!  Some kid is screaming in time out?  Just pretend you don't hear it. Most of the KHK staff is in denial about the truth of their own program.  

Parent groups though, I'm sure that you all were picked apart, on drugs, trying to kidnap children (ironic!) nothing you said was valid, etc etc.  

Hopefully some of the parents are questioning their blind devotion to the program as a result of your efforts!  Even if program acts like nothing is the matter, people don't stand in the freezing cold for nothing!  Parents should know that!

As a former prisoner of KHK, I'm not sure if I agree with you. Instead of staff ignoring the situtation, I can envision long confessional rap sessions to discuss the protest. These would be designed to root out anyone who had "feelings" sympathetic with the protesters. In fact, the protests likely invite blow-away sessions. I fully support the protests, but dislike thinking what unsuspecting phaser had his or her day destroyed in the wake.

Can't you just hear it? The songs are over, and a staff member begins a rap with the topic of the protesters, likely equating them with something or somebody in his or her druggie past. And then the target is hit, stood up. All he's been doing is putting off, don't you think? His eyes were straying too much, as his oldcomer held his knee in the car. His oldcomer rises and says that his newcomer glared a fraction of a second too long at the protesters, and that this constitutes a much wider degree of druggie thoughts and actions that demand a Starting Over.

I know nothing has changed. Twenty-four years later, I bet my last bit of change that my scenario is likely occuring or soon to occur.