Author Topic: Roloffs  (Read 59601 times)

Offline lorrispickelmire

• View Profile
Abuse by any other name....
« Reply #60 on: December 06, 2007, 11:26:18 PM »
I agree hurrikayne, and Che knows too, abuse does not have to be physical to be abuse.  I like you best when you are drinking girl! LOL
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »
quot;It will be found an unjust and unwise jealousy to deprive a man of his natural liberty upon the supposition he may abuse it.\"
                                        George Washington

Offline Che Gookin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Can you get an Amen?
« Reply #61 on: December 07, 2007, 06:53:54 AM »
Quote from: ""hurrikayne""
Yeah, AMEN.

Evidently Che missed my post about lock up, the room with only a mattress and sermons getting pumped in while you whiled your days away without a shower, & few bathroom breaks.  Possibly he also missed the one about scrubbing floors on hands & knees for hours.  Have I not mentioned that the doors were locked, there were alarms on the windows?  We weren't allowed to see our families for 6 months or more.  Our phone calls were monitored, letters were monitored.  We couldn't discuss our past, couldn't watch television, read anything other than schoolowork (which was a waste of time BEFORE getting the worthless diploma, we weren't allowed to talk to anyone not in the particular program we were in.  We were isolated from society, had sermons blasted at us morning an night.  

Granted, not all of the above is physical abuse, some of it is spiritual, and some emotional...but abuse nonetheless.

I've always thought that emotional abuse was far more damaging than physical myself. At least that was the way it felt for me when I was a young sprout.

Offline lorrispickelmire

• View Profile
quot;It will be found an unjust and unwise jealousy to deprive a man of his natural liberty upon the supposition he may abuse it.\"
                                        George Washington

Offline hanzomon4

• View Profile
Roloffs
« Reply #63 on: December 16, 2007, 07:57:26 AM »
The funniest most dumbest quote (from the first link on Anchor
"There is absolutely no way to fall through the cracks with ACE," McElwrath said."

Now check these out from the last link for a real hoot
1. Don’t discipline him properly according to scriptural principles. Just believe the lie that spanking is old fashioned. He that spareth his rod hateth his son Proverbs 13:24
10. Let him listen to rock 'n' roll, rap, or alternative music. This kind of music will destroy his life faster than anything else! Be not deceived, evil communications corrupt good manners. 1 Corinthians 15:33
14. Send your child to public school so he can be taught evolution, sex education,and humanism.
For the wisdom of this world is foolishness with God. 1 Corinthians 3:19
i]Do something real, however, small. And don\'t-- don\'t diss the political things, but understand their limitations - Grace Lee Boggs[/i]
I do see the present and the future of our children as very dark. But I trust the people\'s capacity for reflection, rage, and rebellion - Oscar Olivera

Howto]

Offline hurrikayne

• View Profile
The new Anchor
« Reply #64 on: December 16, 2007, 05:09:00 PM »
Yes, I saw that guy's page on "How to raise a rebellious teenager".  It made me sooooooo angry.  Ugh.  Might want to teach them to never use fire either.  Fire causes destruction and should be avoided at all costs.  (Nevermind that it can warm your food or your home.  Let's just focus on one aspect, the negative aspect at that.)
« Last Edit: July 01, 2008, 09:14:59 PM by hurrikayne »
"Motivation is everything. You can do the work of two people, but you can\'t be two people. Instead, you have to inspire the next guy down the line and get him to inspire his people. " - Lee Iacocca

Offline lorrispickelmire

• View Profile
Yeah, Always Focus on the Negative
« Reply #65 on: December 16, 2007, 07:35:55 PM »
Always focus on the negative that will surely create a positive force for good. Not!  Violence promotes more violence, everyone knows that, yet they keep insisting that if you love your children you will hit them.  Backwards doesn't even begin to describe these people.
                                        George Washington

Offline hurrikayne

• View Profile
Focus...
« Reply #66 on: December 16, 2007, 11:45:32 PM »
Well, you know, I've tried really hard to teach that teenager of mine a core base of values and how did she repay me this evening?  TORTURE...she put me through 20 minutes of hard core TAE BO.  OMG, I thought I was gonna die.  That's it, I'm taking her Christmas presents back.
"Motivation is everything. You can do the work of two people, but you can\'t be two people. Instead, you have to inspire the next guy down the line and get him to inspire his people. " - Lee Iacocca

Offline lorrispickelmire

• View Profile
Oh, Hush!
« Reply #67 on: December 19, 2007, 02:04:53 AM »
We all know you can take it SUPERMOM!  You are tougher than that teenager of yours could ever guess. LOL
                                        George Washington

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Fornits Wiki status
« Reply #68 on: January 01, 2008, 08:04:18 AM »
1. Bethesda (Girls)

2. Redemption Ranch (Boys)

3. Rebekah (Girls)

4. Anchor (Boys)

5. Ruth Home of Compassion (Girls)

6. Lighthouse (young men)

7. Lighthouse Intercoastal (young men and boys)

8. Zapata (webpage???)

9. Jubilee (young women)

10. City of Refuge (men)

11. Mt. Park (Boys)  (Maybe the new name is ABM Ministries)

12. Palm Lane (Girls)

13. Happiness Hills

14. Bethel Boys Academy (working on article)
15. Bethel Girls Academy (working on article)

16. Agape Boarding School

17. New Beginnings Pace, FL (Girls)  (Closed - moved to MO)
18. New Beginnings MO (Girls)

19. VCA (Girls)

20. Thanks to Calvary Boarding School (Seperate Dorms for Boys and Girls?)

21. Reclaimation Ranch

22. Farmers Christian Academy Girls Home

23. Dye's Home for Girls (Cannot find webpage)
24. Palmers Home for Girls (Cannot find webpage)

25. New Bethany Home for Girls - Shreveport Louisiana

26. Anchor Academy

Maybe there is even more. What are the criterias a place? I have created a category

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
A few to add
« Reply #69 on: January 01, 2008, 04:13:29 PM »
Charity Haven (Milton Florida ran by Dave Walkden)
Victory Acres (Alice Texas ran by Bill J McNamara who currently runs New Beginnings)
Genesis by the Sea (ran by Mike Palmer)
Lighthouse by the Sea (ran by Mike Palmer)

Offline lorrispickelmire

• View Profile
Oh forgot one!
« Reply #70 on: January 01, 2008, 04:18:21 PM »
Casa by the Sea (ran by Mike Palmer)  New Bethany girls home is closed. It was run by the Fords.
                                        George Washington

Offline Che Gookin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Roloffs
« Reply #71 on: January 01, 2008, 10:12:38 PM »
Casa By the Sea.. isn't that a wwasp facility?

Offline lorrispickelmire

• View Profile
WWASPS
« Reply #72 on: January 02, 2008, 03:00:14 AM »
Yeah Che, it is, I told you there were connections.  Mike Palmer started out on the Roloff compound in Corpus, then moved on to start his own facilities.  Casa by the sea was only one of them.  The Palmer facilities are part Roloff, part WWASPS, and maybe even part Straight.  I am still digging, this is one of the few connections I have found so far.

http://www.isaccorp.org/victorychristianacademy.asp
                                        George Washington

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Re: A few to add
« Reply #73 on: January 02, 2008, 03:00:45 PM »
Quote from: ""lorri""
Charity Haven (Milton Florida ran by Dave Walkden)
Victory Acres (Alice Texas ran by Bill J McNamara who currently runs New Beginnings)
Genesis by the Sea (ran by Mike Palmer)
Lighthouse by the Sea (ran by Mike Palmer)

Charity Haven

Victory Acres

Genesis by the Sea

It Lighthouse by the sea not the same as VCA?

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Lighthouse by the sea.
« Reply #74 on: January 02, 2008, 03:38:38 PM »
May be, these places love to play the name game.  I research as much as I can, but I am unable to dig up a lot of the info because they are really good at covering their tracks.  I am only adding names to the list as I come to them in hopes of connecting the dots and finding other survivors.  If anyone from any teen facility needs to talk and is looking for a support group they are always welcome in mine.  http://health.groups.yahoo.com/group/He ... ePrograms/