Author Topic: Roloffs  (Read 59593 times)

Offline lorrispickelmire

• View Profile
hurikayne, we have so much more to say
« Reply #30 on: November 30, 2007, 03:29:43 AM »
I just got us started.  I am sure you have things to add.  I am trying to basicly create a Roloff family tree for the homes, it is kind of giving me a headache though.  I also just opened an Idaho chapter of HEAL  http://www.heal-online.org/idaho.htm  check it out.  Any info you can add would be deeply appreciated on the Roloff thing, none of the homes are even listed on Heal, and I need to break down all 24 homes that I have so far with links referring to any abuse.  It is going to be a long process, but we need to get the info out there.  Come play, it might not be fun, but it promises to be educational.

L
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »
quot;It will be found an unjust and unwise jealousy to deprive a man of his natural liberty upon the supposition he may abuse it.\"
                                        George Washington

Offline hanzomon4

• View Profile
Roloffs
« Reply #31 on: November 30, 2007, 08:14:57 AM »
:nworthy:

I bow down in awe of your work Lorri... Good God, I'm bookmarking this.

Oh let's add 25, close to my neck of the woods

25.New Bethany Home for Girls - Shreveport Louisiana
i]Do something real, however, small. And don\'t-- don\'t diss the political things, but understand their limitations - Grace Lee Boggs[/i]
I do see the present and the future of our children as very dark. But I trust the people\'s capacity for reflection, rage, and rebellion - Oscar Olivera

Howto]

Offline Che Gookin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Lorri
« Reply #32 on: November 30, 2007, 10:39:59 AM »
Quote from: ""hurrikayne""
Okay you win.  I can't beat your posts.

Rebekah sucked, so did Jubilee.  A hurricane set me free.

I'll refrain from gripping about huricanes in the future.

Offline Che Gookin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: hurikayne, we have so much more to say
« Reply #33 on: November 30, 2007, 10:42:55 AM »
Quote from: ""lorrispickelmire""
I just got us started.  I am sure you have things to add.  I am trying to basicly create a Roloff family tree for the homes, it is kind of giving me a headache though.  I also just opened an Idaho chapter of HEAL  http://www.heal-online.org/idaho.htm  check it out.  Any info you can add would be deeply appreciated on the Roloff thing, none of the homes are even listed on Heal, and I need to break down all 24 homes that I have so far with links referring to any abuse.  It is going to be a long process, but we need to get the info out there.  Come play, it might not be fun, but it promises to be educational.

L

Met Angela(Heal's Big Unit) at her Seattle monthly heal meeting. It was me her, and her mom as everyone else was gone for Thanksgiving. Interesting meeting though and we shared various stories and insights.

Hmmmm breaking down al 24 homes can get complicated... but no doubt it would be a good thing to get every last one listed. Perhaps you ought to focus on the ones still in operation first?

Offline lorrispickelmire

• View Profile
Che
« Reply #34 on: November 30, 2007, 12:49:16 PM »
Oh, breaking down the Roloff homes wont be so difficult, should have that done by weeks end, but I got a bigger project that will indeed be mighty.  I will let everyone in on the details here very soon.

L
quot;It will be found an unjust and unwise jealousy to deprive a man of his natural liberty upon the supposition he may abuse it.\"
                                        George Washington

Offline Che Gookin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Roloffs
« Reply #35 on: November 30, 2007, 05:06:55 PM »
Tell then answer my questions please:

Did any incident of abuse get reported to the police that you witnessed?

If yes what was the outcome?

Offline lorrispickelmire

• View Profile
The police
« Reply #36 on: November 30, 2007, 07:09:53 PM »
Che,
Nothing that I witnessed personally was reported to the police, that I know of.  I don't know if the diabetic girl that they nearly let die from diabetic shock was ever reported to the police or not, but she never came back to the home.  Her dad was angry enough to go to the cops, but I don't know if he actually did.  I need to actually see if I can dig up anything in the public records about that.  Several of the Corpus Christi staff members have been charged with abuse from time to time, but I don't know of any actual reports to the police while I was in the home.
                                        George Washington

Offline lorrispickelmire

• View Profile
Here are some that were reported
« Reply #37 on: November 30, 2007, 07:32:14 PM »
http://www.tfn.org/religiousfreedom/fai ... /index.php

June 2001: Administrators of the Roloff Homes found guilty of abuse in a criminal trial. Texas officials are notified that the Roloff Homes have moved to another state

http://www.nospank.net/n-h11.htm

http://www.isaccorp.org/victorychristianacademy.asp
                                        George Washington

Offline lorrispickelmire

• View Profile
                                        George Washington

Offline hurrikayne

• View Profile
Re: The police
« Reply #39 on: November 30, 2007, 11:20:17 PM »
Quote from: ""lorrispickelmire""
Nothing that I witnessed personally was reported to the police

Me too neither.
"Motivation is everything. You can do the work of two people, but you can\'t be two people. Instead, you have to inspire the next guy down the line and get him to inspire his people. " - Lee Iacocca

Offline hurrikayne

• View Profile
Roloff's
« Reply #40 on: November 30, 2007, 11:27:25 PM »
I do seem to have clammed up quite suddenly.  Sorry about that.  I stopped drinking for a day or two.  :)  I'm getting warmed up again though.

Bahahahaaa.

The Jubilee girls had to wash up at the cafteria, called the "Come & Dine".

I have dim memories of the kitchen equipment, but I'm not sure if that is a result of cleaning...or helping cook.  Dunno.  A bit to dim to decipher.
"Motivation is everything. You can do the work of two people, but you can\'t be two people. Instead, you have to inspire the next guy down the line and get him to inspire his people. " - Lee Iacocca

Offline Oz girl

• View Profile
Roloffs
« Reply #41 on: November 30, 2007, 11:57:44 PM »
Is there any relationship between the Roloff homes with their baptist sort of model and the other generically evangelical ones like esquele caribe?
Or are they unrelated.
Also there seems to be few catholic tbs type places around. This surprises me a bit. Were there ever any in the US
n case you\'re worried about what\'s going to become of the younger generation, it\'s going to grow up and start worrying about the younger generation.-Roger Allen

Offline hurrikayne

• View Profile
Relationships to Roloff's
« Reply #42 on: December 01, 2007, 12:02:06 AM »
Quote from: ""Oz girl""
Is there any relationship between the Roloff homes with their baptist sort of model and the other generically evangelical ones like esquele caribe?
Or are they unrelated.
Also there seems to be few catholic tbs type places around. This surprises me a bit. Were there ever any in the US

Name the ones you know of, I'll see if Lorri would be willing to help research them.  

Most of the people that are offshoots of Roloff's tend to have fundamentalist Baptist leanings.  They drank from the same Kool-Aid pitcher, you know.

Offline hurrikayne

• View Profile
Re: Lorri
« Reply #43 on: December 01, 2007, 01:48:20 AM »
Quote from: ""Che Gookin"
I'll refrain from gripping about huricanes in the future.

Just as a side note, the nickname hurrikayne did not stem from my unorthicdox escape from the Roloff regime.  My first husband actually inspired that moniker.  He said when I got mad it was like a hurricane, I would blow relentlessly, calm down for a while and then blow again.  

Although there were other events that contributed, subconciously, I'm sure.

Offline lorrispickelmire

• View Profile
Ready and Willing
« Reply #44 on: December 01, 2007, 03:13:33 AM »
I would have told you a few weeks ago that there were only 10 Roloff homes, now my count is at 25.  I would have told you that I didn't think they would mix with others, but it appears they have been in the last few homes put in place.  The honest truth is that I have no idea how many heads this particular serpant has, but I am willing to put in the work to find out.  Lay them on me I am ready and willing to do the research.

You are up late Hurikayne!
                                        George Washington