Author Topic: Status Elan 2010  (Read 2379 times)

Offline DannyB II

• View Profile
Status Elan 2010
« on: September 01, 2010, 12:34:29 AM »
Guys have some info for ya.

Got a call from a resident from 30 years ago today. Actually at lunch time. She pick my phone # off the Elan Alum Site.
We chit chatted a bit found out she arrived around Sept of 1977 and stayed until 1979. She is from Chicago and I do not have permission to say who she is.

Anyway she went on to tell me she had a conversation with Jeffery Gottlieb last Wenesday 8/25/10. In the course of this conversation Jeffery explained to her that Elan had been reduced to one house E-3 and that only 41 students resided there. That by late spring of next year after Graduation, that Elan would be closing down. She went on to say that Jeffery was retiring after next year, that there was nothing more to do. Sharon no longer really wanted to keep Elan open, that the building E-3 showed the affects of being neglected, all the houses other then E-3 had been sold off with the land.

Folks I have called others to verify this and it looks at this point to be valid info.

Man, I say bravo to the folks who have worked their asses off to see this day, many folks behind the scenes pushed and badgered many employees to stop the madness, most listened and moved on while others did not.
Why, no one I knew ever reported abuse or brought lawsuits against Elan, I am sad to say, "I just don't know". I don't have a answer why I sat around waiting for so many years and did nothing, I can not blame others.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »
Stand and fight, till there is no more.

Offline Eliscu2

• New World Order
    • View Profile
nothing
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2010, 01:55:13 AM »
:seg2:
« Last Edit: November 17, 2011, 11:13:30 PM by Eliscu2 »
WELCOME TO HELL!

Offline Eliscu2

• New World Order
    • View Profile
Re: Status Elan 2010
« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2010, 06:50:39 PM »
Quote from: "DannyB II"

Got a call from a resident from 30 years ago today. Actually at lunch time. She pick my phone # off the Elan Alum Site.
We chit chatted a bit found out she arrived around Sept of 1977 and stayed until 1979. She is from Chicago and I do not have permission to say who she is.

Anyway she went on to tell me she had a conversation with Jeffery Gottlieb last Wenesday 8/25/10. In the course of this conversation Jeffery explained to her that Elan had been reduced to one house E-3 and that only 41 students resided there. That by late spring of next year after Graduation, that Elan would be closing down. She went on to say that Jeffery was retiring after next year, that there was nothing more to do. Sharon no longer really wanted to keep Elan open, that the building E-3 showed the affects of being neglected, all the houses other then E-3 had been sold off with the land.

Folks I have called others to verify this and it looks at this point to be valid info.

Man, I say bravo to the folks who have worked their asses off to see this day, many folks behind the scenes pushed and badgered many employees to stop the madness, most listened and moved on while others did not.
Why, no one I knew ever reported abuse or brought lawsuits against Elan, I am sad to say, "I just don't know". I don't have a answer why I sat around waiting for so many years and did nothing, I can not blame others.
« Last Edit: November 17, 2011, 10:55:45 PM by Eliscu2 »
WELCOME TO HELL!

Offline RaeRae

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2010, 10:05:29 PM »
So it's definitely going under??

Offline DannyB II

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2011, 06:09:17 PM »

First posted:

This was planned and should not be coming as a surprise. The hard work by many over the years helped bring Elan to it's knees finally. Sharon just doesn't know how to say "We are Sorry".

Felice "Dethgurl" Eliscu is this still bullshit.

Offline none-ya

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 24, 2011, 06:42:49 PM »
Yes this is good news,but for all the permanant damage done by that place, I can't help but think this is just too little too late.  The closing will create a smokescreen that will hamper any repairation suits brought against the school.And Danny, too bad you weren't as concerned about about it's closing while you were on the inside.
Just sayin.....
?©?€~¥@

Offline Ursus

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 24, 2011, 06:55:06 PM »
Quote from: "none-ya"
The closing will create a smokescreen that will hamper any repairation suits brought against the school.
I'm sure that consideration of said lawsuits, whether in progress or just anticipated, entered into the decision to close Elan. Imo.
-------------- • -------------- • --------------

Offline DannyB II

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 24, 2011, 07:10:03 PM »
Quote from: "Ursus"
Quote from: "none-ya"
The closing will create a smokescreen that will hamper any repairation suits brought against the school.
I'm sure that consideration of said lawsuits, whether in progress or just anticipated, entered into the decision to close Elan. Imo.

The lawsuits are coming and they will be unprecedented if not interesting.

Offline Ursus

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 24, 2011, 07:16:47 PM »

First posted:

This was planned and should not be coming as a surprise. The hard work by many over the years helped bring Elan to it's knees finally. Sharon just doesn't know how to say "We are Sorry".
...And a belated thank you for posting this when ya first did, Danny.
-------------- • -------------- • --------------