Author Topic: YLF Visits Benchmark.. Hilarity Ensues...  (Read 31719 times)

Offline mbnh31782

• View Profile
    • http://www.perverted-justice.com
YLF Visits Benchmark.. Hilarity Ensues...
« Reply #105 on: December 03, 2007, 02:27:12 AM »
listening to the whole "sneak peek" vid... i love how you were all cooperative with the cops, but the cops seem a little more paranoid than i thought they were.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline Che Gookin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: December 03, 2007, 06:07:54 AM »
Must have been the white powder smeared all over my face and the rapid eye twitches and aggitated demeanor that made the po-po all paranoid.

Offline dishdutyfugitive

• View Profile
    • http://www.foxmovies.com/fightclub/
« Reply #107 on: December 03, 2007, 10:03:42 AM »
That situation could easily spiral out of control. All it would take is 1 wrong word or glance to ignite a local stormtrooper.

When they cops mentioned you guys were videotaping staff's license plates I thought you were done for.

I suggest making a 1 page brochure summarizing the ANTI-TBS position. Ideally, it would contain "corporate friendly" statistics:

-Tuition compared to Harvard

- (lack of ) Accredation issues

- # of lawsuits, wrongful deaths filed nationwide

- # of schools opened and shutdown in the last 15 years.

- # of staff who were previously incarcerated

- Lack of control group studies for 'TBS therapy'

Once you hand that to the cop and say hey man,  "I've personally seen the damage done and I'm just want these kids to get proper help".

"The first step is for the public to hear what's really going on in this facility".

"Tell the cop, every person in this county (and state for that matter) are subsidizing this through tax dollars. I'd personally rather see that hard earned money go to the police department so you have the manpower you need to fight crime than funding untrained former convicts to scream at kids because they didn't enjoy growing up in a broken home".

I think at that point we'd have a good chance of generating support from local police.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #108 on: December 03, 2007, 10:40:15 AM »
Don't forget isolation, lack of therapeutic boundaries, and verbally and emotionally abusive raps modeled after known cults...

And that isolation and trickery are used to keep parents in dark. Same tactics used for all families to keep kids in program. No individuated program. Kids are scared straight, but are not treated individually, and thus same issues re-emerge later--only compounded.   These places are totally inappropriate for depression, anxiety, bipolar etc.

Get quick list of cult signs in Maia's or ISAC and print on one side of brochure.

Offline Anne Bonney

• View Profile
« Reply #109 on: December 03, 2007, 10:55:37 AM »
Quote from: ""Nihilanthic""

I heard Ginger will be coming down to jax soon.

And um whats his face RTP is in Gainesville..

Where are you again? I gotta start meeting people and I ahve mon/tuesday off this week. OH and my b-day is this saturday, the 8th... :wave:

Might as well have some drinks before we go plunge head first into this shit, huh?

I'm in the belly of the Straight beast.....St. Pete.  Miller Newton and Mel Sembler both live about 20/25 minutes from me.  RTP and I have many times paid visits to Newton and his beast of a wife, Ruth Ann.  They have been most therapeutic and healing.

::seg:: ::roflmao::

I've offered before to use my boat to have a party behind Newton's house.    We could have some of us on the water behind his house and some on the streets between his home and the "church" properties to speak with the neighbors.  They hate him too.
traight, St. Pete, early 80s
AA is a cult http://www.orange-papers.org/orange-cult.html

The more boring a child is, the more the parents, when showing off the child, receive adulation for being good parents-- because they have a tame child-creature in their house.  ~~  Frank Zappa

Offline Nihilanthic

• View Profile
« Reply #110 on: December 03, 2007, 01:47:22 PM »
Not TOO far. We should go get drinks and fuck with sembler.

Also, uh, I think being on your boat could let you get away with a few things you couldn't otherwise... not SURE of the law though...  :wink:

BTW do you have a megaphone? I think he needs a big aping at 420 am  :rofl:

Anyway hit me up on YIM, I added you and haven't seen your ass on there. And I Dunno about stpete but JAx has this great store called "Total wine and more" that has.. oh, 5000 kinds of wine, 3000 spirits, 1000 beers, and the cheapest shit I can get anywhere in town.

Can I be captain morgan if you're anne bonney?
DannyB on the internet:I CALLED A LAWYER TODAY TO SEE IF I COULD SUE YOUR ASSES FOR DOING THIS BUT THAT WAS NOT POSSIBLE.

CCMGirl on program restraints: "DON\'T TAZ ME BRO!!!!!"

TheWho on program survivors: "From where I sit I see all the anit-program[sic] people doing all the complaining and crying."

Offline Anne Bonney

• View Profile
« Reply #111 on: December 03, 2007, 02:37:10 PM »
Quote from: ""Nihilanthic""
Not TOO far. We should go get drinks and fuck with sembler.

Lemme know.

Also, uh, I think being on your boat could let you get away with a few things you couldn't otherwise... not SURE of the law though...  :wink:

Yeah, I'm not either.  I'm gonna check into that.

BTW do you have a megaphone? I think he needs a big aping at 420 am  :rofl:

Yep.  Well, PA thru the boat for hailing.

Anyway hit me up on YIM, I added you and haven't seen your ass on there. And I Dunno about stpete but JAx has this great store called "Total wine and more" that has.. oh, 5000 kinds of wine, 3000 spirits, 1000 beers, and the cheapest shit I can get anywhere in town.

Can I be captain morgan if you're anne bonney?

Cap'n Morgan has been claimed by my husband and since he's the boat Cap'n, he gets it.  Sorry.  :D

Look for me tonight on YIM
traight, St. Pete, early 80s
AA is a cult http://www.orange-papers.org/orange-cult.html

The more boring a child is, the more the parents, when showing off the child, receive adulation for being good parents-- because they have a tame child-creature in their house.  ~~  Frank Zappa

Offline Che Gookin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: December 03, 2007, 04:15:11 PM »
You are all going to raid a program at some point right?

Offline Nihilanthic

• View Profile
« Reply #113 on: December 03, 2007, 10:41:16 PM »
Cool your fucking jets dude. Jetlag must have given you a hard time, go get a hooker  :rofl:

YES.

I don't know what everyone has in mind. I know Ginger is coming so we're going to ideally get at Teen Challenge around here, then there is Safe Harbor Boy's home which might be Roloff related.

The current idea seems to be Growing Together, I think that's in Port St. Richie.

At any event, Ill need to get everyone to agree on a time so I can take off work.  :P
DannyB on the internet:I CALLED A LAWYER TODAY TO SEE IF I COULD SUE YOUR ASSES FOR DOING THIS BUT THAT WAS NOT POSSIBLE.

TheWho on program survivors: "From where I sit I see all the anit-program[sic] people doing all the complaining and crying."

Offline Nihilanthic

• View Profile
« Reply #114 on: December 03, 2007, 10:46:44 PM »
Hey, Safe Harbor has some of the signs, but I've yet to find any abuse accusations via Google about it.

http://www.boyshome.com/HTML/program_dx_2004.htm <- lets see...

Program Description

At-risk boys, ages fifteen to seventeen may be eligible to participate in our program. The required minimum stay is one year. Boys are admitted into our program for a number of reasons including:

* failing grades and/or truancy

* some substance use issues
 (those with diagnosed substance abuse must attend a rehab program before being admitted)

* poor choice of friends

*defiance, disrespect or violence toward parent(s) - this is different from normal developmental 'conflict' with parents

*emotional difficulty handling the loss of a parent

*for parents who believe they need a "secure" program or facility for their son, Safe Harbor MAY be able to meet this need

*parents who prefer to work with a private program and whose child has minor legal problems will find Safe Harbor is able to work with most Juvenile or Family Courts to obtain a placement from the court

Wow, if you think THAT's bad enough...

A MINIMUM TERM of one year is required for placement at Safe Harbor. The boys must progress through the level system in order to be recommended to go home. The long term commitment by parents enables each boy to progress, make mistakes, learn from them, and show themselves, the staff, and their parents the consistency over time required for lasting change.

This is an interdenominational Christ centered program. The staff are dedicated Christian individuals who care for each boy in the program. Boys from different religious backgrounds or those from no religious influence are accepted and no child is required to convert to have success in the program. However, parents or guardians of the residents MUST understand our viewpoint that being a Christ centered ministry is the reason we believe success comes to the boys at Safe Harbor.  Most parents would be delighted to "have their son back" and are happy to have them exposed to a spiritual influence.

The Safe Harbor program is structured and centers on teaching a work ethic and helping the boys understand their behavior is leading them into less and less freedom.. We develop positive character traits by exposing the boys to many vocational education opportunities including carpentry, welding, boat maintenance & repair, gas and diesel engine repair, and some basic electrical concepts. Character traits such as dependability, follow through, focus and attention to detail, are taught in these courses. Every class at Safe Harbor is entitled "work" to expose these boys to the world of employment, where the majority are headed within twenty four months.

Counseling is offered individually and through groups by both licensed mental health professionals, and pastoral counseling.  All staff are involved in mentoring during time spent with the boys. These informal settings help the boys relax, begin to trust adults, and learn life lessons not acquired elsewhere. Most boys entering the program have had outpatient counseling and if these sessions had been successful parents would not be seeking the type of help we offer.

Professional staff conducts individual sessions with families and their sons, conversations over the phone, and sends frequent email to keep parents updated. Additionally, short weekly phone calls along with encouraged letter writing helps restore family relationships. Once placed into residential care, the boy's family suddenly becomes very important again.

Lasting change takes time, and the process and timing for each boy is unique. Parents must take a long term view of the process that develops change. The bad attitudes and habits the boys have upon entering the program did not occur overnight and they will only change over time.

If parents are not committed to having their son work through the level system and to the point where they are recommended to return home, we prefer they not send them to Safe Harbor.

Yep. Program, and bible thumping at that. But two problems

a) They're buddy buddy with J.S.O. Not so good. Plus I don't want my uncle calling me to annoy me (He's a Police Officer with them) but I can deal.

b) Other than the bullshit criteria and level system I've yet to have seen any actual abuse accusations! On the grounds of their minimum year nonsense and level system alone its worth going after but PUBLICALLY it would be a bit like charging a windmill ala Don Quixote.

BUT, it would give the kids inside a booster shot, so hum.

GT seems a safer bet, its a freaking STRAIGHT INC spinoff.

INPUT, PLEASE!

Offline Che Gookin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: December 04, 2007, 12:25:26 AM »
Thank good all this talk of dry humping Mel Sembler got me scared. The man doesn't need his prostrates massaged that badly.

Offline Che Gookin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: December 04, 2007, 12:25:36 AM »
Thank good all this talk of dry humping Mel Sembler got me scared. The man doesn't need his prostrates massaged that badly.

Offline Che Gookin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: December 04, 2007, 12:26:08 AM »

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #118 on: December 06, 2007, 10:27:16 PM »
Okay Psy, why the fuck have you not already taken the best 10 minutes of video you have and made it into a Youtube-digestible chunk suitable for the general population of America?

MASS MARKET APPEAL, ASSHOLE!

Offline Che Gookin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: December 06, 2007, 10:48:04 PM »
I think the tech dude wants footage.