Author Topic: YLF Visits Benchmark.. Hilarity Ensues...  (Read 32103 times)

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
YLF Visits Benchmark.. Hilarity Ensues...
« Reply #150 on: December 12, 2007, 05:07:39 AM »
Quote from: ""Che Gookin""
No clue what to tell you about that, but I'd wager to say that deep inside you've a few hesitations about the whole process of watching the staff being frog marched off in hand cuffs. Maybe you feel some anxiety regarding the staff that didn't comport themselves like nazi storm troopers?

Don't stress it.. in the end it will be the best thing to do. Those who are good people have had plenty of chances to leave the place. They know what is going on inside of the ED center. They know about the damn holes in the "volley ball" court.

From the top to the bottom that place is a damn disease. The flesh of society is tainted by the cancer called benchmark and my friend you are going to be part of the radical surgery that will cut the cancer right out of the flesh.

So relax dude.. no one in that damn place is innocent no matter how well they treated you..

Because they all know exactly what is going on and each and every one of us is in possession of enough common sense to know right from wrong. Might take some of us longer to figure it out than others, but eventually we all have to be able to sort it out for ourselves and be strong enough to say no more.

Those that have stayed at benchmark for years on end and continue to perpetuate the "raps" and the "revelations" regarding masterabation while driving need to go down no matter how well intentioned they are or how nicely they treated you.

ramble fest over as this is sort of ackward coming from me knowing I've a few sins of my own that I'll never be able to pay off fully.

oh god, that's so touching. Don't feel bad, anymore. You are a very good person che, a very very kind, nice man. And your voice sounds like a "nice" sesame street character, in a good way...I can't think who though

here, have a burger ::burger::
and a drink ::cheers::
(yay for emoticons)
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline Che Gookin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: December 12, 2007, 06:24:32 AM »
oh god, that's so touching. Don't feel bad, anymore. You are a very good person che, a very very kind, nice man. And your voice sounds like a "nice" sesame street character, in a good way...I can't think who though

Well I wouldn't say I feel bad. I've moved beyond doing this out of guilt and into the realm of doing this out of sheer moral outrage. I don't think I could keep at this if it was out of guilt. The emotion of guilt isn't a sufficient fuel to drive me in attaining my objectives.

I do have things I feel guilty about from working at Three Springs and Eckerds, but those feeling tend to manifest themselves in others ways in my life. Rarely ever does the guilt rear its ugly little head here on fornits or anywhere else.

One example, in class today I had a kid who kept speaking Korean. My compulsive anal side told me, "DAMN it.. drop the hammer on him.. He is supposed to be speaking English.. NOT korean! It is english class..!!"

My common sense side told me, "give him a few chances as his first language is Korean and all... sheesh man..."

I choose option number one and busted him...

Well it didn't take to long for me to notice his downcast demeanor and lack of participation in class. I realized that there is clearly more than one way to skin a cat and if I wanted to do my job properly I had better refrain from my 3 springs style of rule enforcement. I was immediately stricken with a nearly numbing sense of guilt for falling back into my asshole counselor routine.

So.. I asked I began complimenting the kid everytime he spoke English and stared at him silently, until he noticed me, when he spoke Korean. After awhile he was speaking more English than Korean and by the end of class nothing but English with a few gentle reminders to do so by myself.

I then went into my grade book and showed the kid where I crossed out the point deduction for his earlier transgression and sent him on his way in happier form than before.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #152 on: December 13, 2007, 12:12:46 PM »
if you're going to raid a program in fla, i want in. i'm here in orlando but i'm willing to travel. hit me up at bill.boyles  (at) gmail.com or come see me at the antiwwasp site.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #153 on: December 13, 2007, 12:13:54 PM »
if you're going to raid a program in fla, i want in. i'm here in orlando but i'm willing to travel. hit me up at bill.boyles  (at) gmail.com or come see me at the antiwwasp site.

Offline Che Gookin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: December 13, 2007, 06:49:05 PM »
right.. be over there shortly.

Offline Nihilanthic

• View Profile
« Reply #155 on: December 18, 2007, 04:47:58 PM »
Wanna make it Growing Together for sure?
DannyB on the internet:I CALLED A LAWYER TODAY TO SEE IF I COULD SUE YOUR ASSES FOR DOING THIS BUT THAT WAS NOT POSSIBLE.

CCMGirl on program restraints: "DON\'T TAZ ME BRO!!!!!"

TheWho on program survivors: "From where I sit I see all the anit-program[sic] people doing all the complaining and crying."

Offline Botched Programming

• View Profile
« Reply #156 on: December 18, 2007, 04:50:27 PM »
Quote from: ""Nihilanthic""
Wanna make it Growing Together for sure?

Hell.... I'm all in!!!!!!!!![/color]

Offline Nihilanthic

• View Profile
« Reply #157 on: December 18, 2007, 04:52:08 PM »
Ok.

We gotta fucking meet up in Jan and get to know everyones personality/drinking habits/shoe sizes/medications.

Then we gotta go stake out GT and get an idea of the lay of the land.

Anyone got an address? Mapquest and google earth is your friend  :wink:
DannyB on the internet:I CALLED A LAWYER TODAY TO SEE IF I COULD SUE YOUR ASSES FOR DOING THIS BUT THAT WAS NOT POSSIBLE.

CCMGirl on program restraints: "DON\'T TAZ ME BRO!!!!!"

TheWho on program survivors: "From where I sit I see all the anit-program[sic] people doing all the complaining and crying."

Offline Che Gookin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: December 18, 2007, 06:38:54 PM »

Offline Che Gookin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: December 18, 2007, 08:48:58 PM »
http://http://www.vickirobinson.com/updates/florida.htm

Pacific Northwest Coordinator Lorri found this url. Have fun with it boys and girls.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #160 on: December 20, 2007, 03:03:59 PM »
YLF for life

Offline stina

• View Profile
« Reply #161 on: December 23, 2007, 03:59:16 AM »
I just found this thread, it's fantastic. The video teases are so compelling, those cops totally wanted to bro out with you, it's so funny. I cannot believe that they called 4 cop cars and a helicopter on you guys, it just shows how fucking narcissistic and crazy they are, when yeah, Redlands is a crazy ass town, but their privacy or WHATEVER is at stake and all of a sudden, call in the fucking stormtroopers. So stupid and telling. I can't wait to see and hear the whole thing.
I used to be Snow White but I drifted.

Offline Froderik

• View Profile
« Reply #162 on: December 23, 2007, 11:23:58 AM »
Could someone throw up links to whatever footage is available?

(Or, if you'd rather, just put the link up when the thing's done?)

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #163 on: December 25, 2007, 09:34:55 PM »
So how many children has this video kept from being enrolled in Benchmark?

Offline psy

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • http://homepage.mac.com/psyborgue/
« Reply #164 on: December 25, 2007, 10:55:16 PM »
Quote from: ""Guest""
So how many children has this video kept from being enrolled in Benchmark?

Probably not too many(but my website has, apparently hurt their enrollement). give me a break though.  I've just graduated last week (YAY.  Now I officially, with a BA, have more education but all but a few Benchmark Staff).

I've asked for help with editing but so far haven't got any volunteers I know and can trust with raw, unredacted footage (so I have to track and blur faces myself, which can be a time consuming process, as well as change the voices for interviews with people who Benchmark doesn't know I talked to).

Yes, I had intended to have it done a while ago but I didn't intend on capturing the sheer volume of footage I did.  What i'm doing now is cutting the footage up and organizing it so I can put it together in a package that is convincing, looks good, and will, hopefully, keep kids from being enrolled in Benchmark.

Edit:

Oh yeah.  I have to do subtitles too.  And I could use a narrator.
« Last Edit: December 25, 2007, 11:29:44 PM by Guest »
Benchmark Young Adult School - bad place [archive.org link]
Sue Scheff Truth - Blog on Sue Scheff
"Our services are free; we do not make a profit. Parents of troubled teens ourselves, PURE strives to create a safe haven of truth and reality." - Sue Scheff - August 13th, 2007 (fukkin surreal)