Author Topic: Randall Hinton Sentenced  (Read 8813 times)

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Randall Hinton Sentenced
« on: November 21, 2007, 12:51:11 AM »
November 20, 2007
By Tracy Harmon

CANON CITY - A former Royal Gorge Academy director convicted of assault and false imprisonment of two students was sentenced Monday to 25 days in jail and one year on probation.

Randall Hinton, 34, was convicted by a jury Aug. 31 of third-degree assault and false imprisonment.

Hinton was found not guilty of four other assault charges and not guilty on one other false imprisonment charge.

The victims on the convictions, both boys, were attending the private, co-ed school for troubled youth during the past year. One boy sustained a bloody nose, while the other experienced vomiting while being detained in Hinton's office.

"In reading the presentence investigative report I noticed the defendant's lack of any accountability. Discipline is a necessary part of dealing with troubled youth but the defendant had crossed the line and the actions of the defendant were not justified or allowable," argued Deputy District Attorney Thom LeDoux.

When asked by the probation officer what he believed the impact was on the victims, Hinton responded, "I believe they finally realize the importance of their choices and realize if they don't change their ways they will have adults making choices for them," LeDoux read from the report.

When asked what he believed the impact of his crime on the community was, Hinton said he believed parts of the community gained from the incident such as, "the newspaper probably sold more copies."

Fremont County Court Judge Norm Cooling said he found Hinton's answer puzzling and told the defendant "You kind of gave Canon City a black eye."

LeDoux said of Hinton: "He could not have demonstrated he missed the point more so. He said, ‘I, Randall Hinton, believe I did a great job considering all the circumstances involved.’ The defendant should be held accountable and sentenced to a period of incarceration."

Defense Attorney Michael Gillick argued that Hinton has only been consistent with his story throughout the incident. He said Hinton is not a candidate for jail because of his stellar record, and the fact that he is sole provider for his family of four small children and wife, Joy.

Gillick also said Hinton has made it clear he never wants to work with troubled children again and has a job due to start Friday in Cortez as the manager of an automotive company.

Hinton told the judge only that, "It's been very educational," just before he was sentenced.

Cooling said, "The black eye is where you really stepped over the line and I believe this calls for a good balance - some jail as a condition of probation is entirely appropriate." Cooling said he could have sentenced Hinton to between a nine-month to three-year jail sentence, but he opted for 25 days jail and one year probation.

Gillick asked for a short stay of the sentence to allow Hinton time to consider whether he will appeal the case. Hinton was ordered to start the jail sentence Jan. 1.

LeDoux said he will file a request for restitution including cost of prosecution. Both attorneys were given 20 days to file the request and a response.

-------

Kudos to the teens who testified.  I am sorry for their suffering, but grateful for their courage in standing up for their themselves.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Randall Hinton Sentenced
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2007, 02:40:21 AM »
Jesus, the man continues to spout the same sicko bullshit and the judge only gives him 25 days and probation. and apparently nothing to stop him from going right back in there and doing it some more?

"Oh I'm sorry Mr. Hinton, I didn't mean to injure your delicate wrists." :roll:

I hope he gets hammered while he's in there. The jail might last 25 days, but the shattered knee will always be tender, the colon damage and torn sphincter might feel 'right' again after a couple of years, but the emotional scarring of being fucking gangraped in prison will last a fucking lifetime.

Is it possible to send a care package to inmates consisting of extremely rough hemp rope, a gimp mask, and a studded dildo?

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Randall Hinton Sentenced
« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2007, 09:51:42 AM »
Maybe Hinton will be served "half baked pizza" everyday!

Offline Deborah

• View Profile
Re: Randall Hinton Sentenced
« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2007, 12:50:33 PM »
Quote from: ""Guest""
The victims on the convictions, both boys, were attending the private, co-ed school for troubled youth during the past year. One boy sustained a bloody nose, while the other experienced vomiting while being detained in Hinton's office.

That's pretty lame depiction of the testimonies.
 http://fornits.com/wwf/viewtopic.php?p=279801#279801

Gillick also said Hinton has made it clear he never wants to work with troubled children again and has a job due to start Friday in Cortez as the manager of an automotive company.

Will he be a silent partner?  Wonder if the abuse of his own kids was brought up. Lacking skill, he resorts to bullying.

Hinton told the judge only that, "It's been very educational," just before he was sentenced.

You mean, the thought of going to jail scared the shit out me. A second conviction might get him long-term jail time.
gt;>>>>>>>>>>>>>><<<<<<<<<<<<<<
Hidden Lake Academy, after operating 12 years unlicensed will now be monitored by the state. Access information on the Federal Class Action lawsuit against HLA here: http://www.fornits.com/wwf/viewtopic.php?t=17700

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Randall Hinton Sentenced
« Reply #4 on: November 21, 2007, 04:16:28 PM »
Hinton has made it clear he never wants to work with troubled children again

As much as I want to answer this with a simple "GTFO", I wonder if it's because WWASPS threw him out like yesterday's fish bones, as he was proving to be too much of a liability?

If he actually goes on to become the manager of anything I feel sorry for the people working for him. I wonder when the hostile-environment suits will start..?

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Randall Hinton Sentenced
« Reply #5 on: November 21, 2007, 05:06:23 PM »
Anyone believe Hinton's telling the truth?
He will be right back working in a WWASP program the second his probation is over!

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Randall Hinton Sentenced
« Reply #6 on: November 21, 2007, 05:19:24 PM »
I believe him.

After being chased from country to country, having your name cursed across the Internet, grown-up victims still fucking hating you even after your beliefs told you they'd love you, and finally your employer saying "IT WAS HIM, NOT US", a reply of "I wash my hands of this whole business" is a perfectly logical reaction to have. He's done.

Which is actually kind of scary. Brainwashed/affected/indoctrinated people usually don't keep these kinds of reactions. Hinton is a true demon; child abuse is a fundamental part of who he is (likely ingrained in him from his own early childhood), and WWASPS simply hired him, not influenced him.

Odds are he's just going to inflict more of it on his own family, assuming he has any left.

Offline CCM girl 1989

• View Profile
Randall Hinton Sentenced
« Reply #7 on: November 21, 2007, 05:50:48 PM »
I have to say if I was one of those kids that was physically abused by Randall Hinton I would be calling up every auto dealership in Cortez to locate him.

If someone ever struck me (and I wasn't there so I don't know), I would never let that guy live in peace. Especially if I was one of the kids the courts did not believe yet it really did happen.

Maybe I am going a little overboard?!! But, I'd be upset.
f you were never in a program, or a parent of a child in a program, then you have no business posting here.

Offline Ursus

• View Profile
Re: Randall Hinton Sentenced
« Reply #8 on: November 22, 2007, 11:17:33 AM »
Quote from: ""Deborah""
Quote from: ""Guest""
That's pretty lame depiction of the testimonies.
http://fornits.com/wwf/viewtopic.php?p=279801#279801

I agree.  And a pretty anemic sentence, too.  Hopefully there won't be a second time.
-------------- • -------------- • --------------

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
response
« Reply #9 on: November 23, 2007, 10:19:51 AM »
someone wants him to be abused in prison?do any of you know of what actually happened?were any of you physically there at the school?NO.a claim that he abuses his family.i would love to know where you have gotten this information.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Randall Hinton Sentenced
« Reply #10 on: November 23, 2007, 01:06:29 PM »
While living a short time in Boonville, MO, set up by Robert Litchfield, Randall Hinton was reported to the local sheriff?s office for punishing his three-year-old daughter by locking her outside the front door of their home in the evening, when it was cold outside. The child was reported to have been visibly upset and banging on the door as Randall stood right there and watched. When the police arrived on the scene Randall lied and told them that she must have accidentally locked herself out. However, a next door neighbor, who had been the one to make the 911 call, told the sheriff that he was standing there watching her the entire time...

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Randall Hinton Sentenced
« Reply #11 on: November 23, 2007, 02:53:49 PM »
have you ever personally asked randall to explain that situation to you?did HE PERSONALLY TELL YOU WHAT HAPPENED?

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Randall Hinton Sentenced
« Reply #12 on: November 23, 2007, 02:54:26 PM »
have you ever personally asked randall to explain that situation to you?did HE PERSONALLY TELL YOU WHAT HAPPENED?

Offline TheWho

• View Profile
Re: response
« Reply #13 on: November 23, 2007, 03:23:08 PM »
Quote from: ""spirit23""
someone wants him to be abused in prison?do any of you know of what actually happened?were any of you physically there at the school?NO.a claim that he abuses his family.i would love to know where you have gotten this information.
 This site looses a ton of credibility everytime they make claims like this.  Its hard to know what to believe or which posts are true.

Offline Che Gookin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Randall Hinton Sentenced
« Reply #14 on: November 23, 2007, 04:50:36 PM »
I'm ok with Randall getting abused in prison. In fact I encourage anyone who meets him in prison to abuse him. More so I encourage anyone who meets him in prison to abuse him repeatedly.