Author Topic: Surfs up!  (Read 1973 times)

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Surfs up!
« Reply #15 on: January 06, 2008, 05:31:40 AM »
Quote from: ""Guest""
The boys are taught the value of work and application, as opposed to the usual avenue of drug dealing, robbery, prostitution, and theft. They also gain dignity and self-respect in knowing that they aren't a charity case. These are valuable real-life lessons. That anyone even bothers his head about them pro bono teaches them that there is love and kindness in the world.

Vomit. You sound like a programie, with your bizarre idea that kids enjoy prostitution, and need to me taught "the value" of work. That's the same "tough love" bs where you presume there is something  "evil" in kids that needs to be corrected through “toughnessâ€
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Surfs up!
« Reply #16 on: January 06, 2008, 05:34:04 AM »
The boys are taught the value of work and application, as opposed to the usual avenue of drug dealing, robbery, prostitution, and theft. They also gain dignity and self-respect in knowing that they aren't a charity case. These are valuable real-life lessons. That anyone even bothers his head about them pro bono teaches them that there is love and kindness in the world.

Vomit. You sound like a programie, with your bizarre idea that kids enjoy prostitution, and need to me taught "the value" of work. That's the same "tough love" bs where you presume there is something  "evil" in kids that needs to be corrected through “toughnessâ€

Offline Che Gookin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Surfs up!
« Reply #17 on: January 06, 2008, 05:39:04 AM »
The same person at it again.

Offline Oz girl

• View Profile
Surfs up!
« Reply #18 on: January 06, 2008, 07:50:47 AM »
I dont think this guy actually views it as therapy as such. I also don't think a work ethic is an unreasonable thing to instill in any kid regardless of socioeconomic background. Plenty of middle class kids are encouraged to get a job at the local fast food place part time to pay for a few little extra treats along the way. This does not make their parents abusive freaks. My only concern was that he mentioned cuffing the boys round the ear but i am not sure if that was meant in the sense of mannish horseplay or not.

What is good about this school is that it is entirely voluntary, the boys are free to drop out at any time after giving it a fair go ( and some do) and that the reward at the end is tangible and practical. There is no evidence from that article that they sit around forced to share anything or to do anything excessive like harsh manual labor.
Perhaps this man is the first adult to take an interest in these boys? I hardly think that makes him the king of the gulag.
n case you\'re worried about what\'s going to become of the younger generation, it\'s going to grow up and start worrying about the younger generation.-Roger Allen

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Surfs up!
« Reply #19 on: January 06, 2008, 08:10:18 AM »
I never said it was a gulug. Re-read my post.