Author Topic: If the real estate market tanks ...  (Read 2020 times)

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
If the real estate market tanks ...
« Reply #15 on: November 14, 2007, 09:52:53 PM »
Quote from: ""Guest""

If you don't mind telling me, what program were you in? You seem to have a good grasp of the situation, and something about how you write makes me think we've had a very similar past...more so than usual

what is it about how i write that makes you think we have a simmilar past? would you know my writing style from being my freind or my counselor? i post as annon for a reason. unless you give me a hint as to who you are, something only the person you think i am would know, i'm not revealing anything.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 14, 2007, 11:02:48 PM »

If you don't mind telling me, what program were you in? You seem to have a good grasp of the situation, and something about how you write makes me think we've had a very similar past...more so than usual

what is it about how i write that makes you think we have a simmilar past?  unless you give me a hint as to who you are, something only the person you think i am would know, i'm not revealing anything.

I'm you. I'm you from the future
I've come from the future... back in time to warn you...

Just kidding. But wouldn't that be funny, like, if i come up with some real personal shit now, to back that up? I'm totally gonna do that if i see a kid i think i know, and this situation comes up again.

Ok, don't tell me, it doesn't matter. I don't know who you are. I'm just jumping to conclusions based on a style of outlook, that's probably very common, that we've had similar pasts, in terms of program, area of birth, I also lived right near you very recently, if you mean you live in the columbia uni area, so there you go...
But what's hilarious, on a different note, is that every person thinks every other person  is a spy, right? Like someone just thought that about you..alot of unintentional comedy

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 14, 2007, 11:14:27 PM »
CCM girl wrote:

"...so they could loan them the extra $40,000 to send their kid away."

Well, the good news for teens is that 40 grand doesn't buy shit in programs these days -- 3 or 4 months tops at the programs that are being sold to parents as supposedly 'good' programs -- the ones that claim to be different from all those other ones where kids have been abused or killed.

Guest wrote:

"...the low-end programs like the WWASPS schools, low-end wildernesses, bootcamps, and small rehabs will probably be the goners in this situation."

I'm afraid it might be the opposite. Like they taught us in econ class, an economic downturn can actually increase demand for certain things -- cheap substitutes for things someone wants but can no longer afford. WWASPS programs have always been at the low end of the spectrum -- maybe they're still only 6 or 7 grand a month.

Not exactly a middle class price range in my view, but still affordable enough where someone who can get a $40 grand 2nd or 3rd mortgage could ship his kid off for 6 months of pepper spray-induced attitude adjustment and soul-crushing isolation therapy.

I don't disagree that the rich keep getting richer, but do they also keep getting dumber?

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 14, 2007, 11:22:53 PM »
Holy fucking shit, can have you pay me $10,000 a month to do whatever I want to your teenage daughter?

Jesus, no fucking wonder everyone wants to open one of these things.

Offline Froderik

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 14, 2007, 11:27:07 PM »
Holy fucking shit, can have you pay me $10,000 a month to do whatever I want to your teenage daughter?

I'll bet Joseph W. Gauld would have something good to say about this.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 14, 2007, 11:42:34 PM »

Just kidding. But wouldn't that be funny, like, if i come up with some real personal shit now, to back that up? I'm totally gonna do that if i see a kid i think i know, and this situation comes up again.

Ok, don't tell me, it doesn't matter. I don't know who you are. I'm just jumping to conclusions based on a style of outlook, that's probably very common, that we've had similar pasts, in terms of program, area of birth, I also lived right near you very recently, if you mean you live in the columbia uni area, so there you go...
But what's hilarious, on a different note, is that every person thinks every other person  is a spy, right? Like someone just thought that about you..alot of unintentional comedy

oh ok. i'm just carefull because i've been one of the voices in a very small crowd which has put my program through hell this past year. i kinda sorta live near where your talking about...a little more downtown. and my program was in north georgia....but i'll tell you that the private schools that i was referencing were dwight, calhoun, trevor day, and especialy york prep. would that be a simmilar past?

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 14, 2007, 11:44:19 PM »
oh i know....

what i mean is what middle america lacks, rich/urban america will make up for. as the middle and poor get poorer, the rich get richer.

from what i see - the culture, environment, etc. of the more afluent people around here, you're going to be seeing waves of city kids flooding the programs pretty soon. just so you have an idea of whats going on here, out of 89 kids who were in my little sister's graduating class, around 30 have serious hard drug habits, about 15 of those have turned into harded criminals already, and out of the remaining 59 kids, 20 didnt make it past their freshmen year in college - and This is a college prep school, with a $19,000/semester tuituion. The $20-35 grams of nearly pure coke that NYC started to see as soon as bush got elected has had a tremendous negative effect on the affluent culture of the city. it's like 1977 all over again for the rich kids.

That view is not reflected in professional statistics. People from higher socio-economic backgrounds are comparatively least likely to be in the criminal system, and they are not disproportionately represented to their total number either, as well.

About market downturns....where there is a price increase and corresponding decrease of funds, you'll always have a decrease of buyers, even for programs. But, a downturn will affect programs less than any other industry.

Programs can re-price their services as low as they need to because, as we all know, they don’t actually provide any services. You still make huge amounts of cash charging 4,000 per month for nothing, even if it’s not as much as 10,0000 a month for nothing

Also, as program parents think of program as a necessity..like chemotherapy, it will be the last thing they abandon to save money.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 14, 2007, 11:45:57 PM »

Yeah, not only do they rake in those huge fees, but expenses seem to be pretty low. The food is cheap, low-quality crap and the staffers don't get paid much -- of course, they don't need many qualifications either -- a GED or sometimes not even that. Maybe it's the fringe benefits that make young adults want to work at these places -- benefits like "do whatever I want to your teenage daughter."

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 14, 2007, 11:48:32 PM »

oh ok. i'm just carefull because i've been one of the voices in a very small crowd which has put my program through hell this past year. i kinda sorta live near where your talking about...a little more downtown. and my program was in north georgia....but i'll tell you that the private schools that i was referencing were dwight, calhoun, trevor day, and especialy york prep. would that be a simmilar past?

yes, but more jewishy. Riverdale, Horace Mann and Hackley. :) Sad, though...such bright beginnings....

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 15, 2007, 11:08:19 AM »

Yeah, not only do they rake in those huge fees, but expenses seem to be pretty low. The food is cheap, low-quality crap and the staffers don't get paid much -- of course, they don't need many qualifications either -- a GED or sometimes not even that. Maybe it's the fringe benefits that make young adults want to work at these places -- benefits like "do whatever I want to your teenage daughter."

Based on my Whitman sampler program familiarity, I think the magnetism for a lot of staff, is perversely, to help kids. The staff are always an uneducated, really screwed by life genus of people. I sense they’re chosen specifically for how vulnerable mentally they are. The more defenseless, the easier they are to control, the less of a disclosure threat. These people are easily absorbed into the cult, and spat back out when they become inconvenient. Some, are just screwed by life sort of people, looking to screw others, not sexually, emotionally. In my experience, the only “humanâ€

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 15, 2007, 12:31:05 PM »
yes, but more jewishy. Riverdale, Horace Mann and Hackley. :) Sad, though...such bright beginnings....

haha yeah... i went to Rodeph in the early days. i went secular after they tried to extort a "donation" from my parents. i dont know much about the jewish high schools though, is coke use and wiggery as prevalent there as you'd expect to see in secular schools? i know theres lots of kids that smoke weed...but thats never a serious issue. yeah, such bright beginings. what was it that corrupted you? for me it was just the whole sex drugs and rocknroll fantasy coupled with social rejection and depression.