Author Topic: Boulder Creek Academy... I'm Coming for you!  (Read 10392 times)

Offline AuntieEm2

• View Profile
Re: Boulder Creek Academy... I'm Coming for you!
« Reply #60 on: February 08, 2008, 06:17:58 PM »
I was there for 35 glorious months between '00 and '02. Still feels like yesterday. And that was even when the program was supposedly shortened
That's shocking, da voice. You were robbed, body and soul.

Che, hi, I lost track of this thread for a while. Here's one voice in the wilderness hoping against hope that a group will go there in March.

Auntie Em
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »
Tough love is a hate group.
"I have sworn...eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man." -Thomas Jefferson.

Offline try another castle

• Registered Users
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: February 19, 2008, 12:59:32 AM »
FYI: I'm still on board for this. I've just been MIA dealing with other things at the moment. I also need to organize wheels at some point.

Offline Che Gookin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: February 24, 2008, 02:36:30 AM »
I'm still game as well. I'm debating making the date public as well as a meet up location for the morning of. Thoughts?

Offline bobbyfischer

• View Profile
« Reply #63 on: March 03, 2008, 12:55:18 AM »
If stina is going I'll go.

• Registered Users
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: March 03, 2008, 03:36:46 PM »
Quote from: "Che Gookin"
I'm still game as well. I'm debating making the date public as well as a meet up location for the morning of. Thoughts?

My guess would be the Kootenai Inn.

I may not be going after all unless I can find wheels. As of now, nobody has gotten back to me on it. Sounds like I may have been all bluster for nothing. Kind of hard to make promises, I guess, when you don't drive.  :'( Too bad for my loser ass, I suppose.

Offline AuntieEm2

• View Profile
« Reply #65 on: March 03, 2008, 04:04:54 PM »
Castle, wheels from where--what city?

Auntie Em
Tough love is a hate group.
"I have sworn...eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man." -Thomas Jefferson.

• Registered Users
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: March 03, 2008, 05:14:13 PM »
San Francisco. Dishduty offered a while ago,  but I haven't heard back from him yet.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #67 on: March 06, 2008, 09:24:57 PM »
I just spent the last few minutes reading through this thread and I think that the naysayers have some points, however the bottom line is that unless SOMEBODY does SOMETHING than we aren't doing anything.

There is a certain value in these forums and relating the shared experiences that we have had, but if my senses don't deceive me many show a common desire do what we can to make damn sure nobody else has to experience the negative things we did in that place.

We can debate the details and differences in UHS and CEDU and what may be going on there right now, but suffice it to say that whatever is going on at an isolated encampment full of underage teenagers and un-trained counselors can't be very good.  At a minimum they are using the advantages of isolation to instill their doctrine and at a maximum they are doing their very best impression of CEDU.  Either way it's no good and is worthy of protest.

I would hate to see things like financial constraints stop this thing from happening.  If there is a good plan in place then there is no reason not to do it.

Also, I recognize the desire to be law abiding and not get anybody in trouble, but just remember that the law isn't always right and if you have enough confidence in your cause you can be very persuasive.  Law enforcement has EXTREME discretion in what they choose to keep an eye on.  The law in Bonners Ferry is run by lawmen who are all about individual rights.  It probably won't take more than telling him they are preaching hippie crap up there to make him look the other way.  Seriously, if you are gonna let the Boundary County sherriff bother you then you need to remember what got you through that place.  Toughness.  We all have it.  Use it.

I am not just blowing smoke either.  If the plan is good, I will not let it fail b/c some dude can't afford a rental car.

Heading to the private forum now....

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #68 on: March 08, 2008, 11:55:27 PM »
Quote from: "CEDU+INTERNET=EXPOSED"
I just spent the last few minutes reading through this thread and I think that the naysayers have some points, however the bottom line is that unless SOMEBODY does SOMETHING than we aren't doing anything.

There is a certain value in these forums and relating the shared experiences that we have had, but if my senses don't deceive me many show a common desire do what we can to make damn sure nobody else has to experience the negative things we did in that place.

We can debate the details and differences in UHS and CEDU and what may be going on there right now, but suffice it to say that whatever is going on at an isolated encampment full of underage teenagers and un-trained counselors can't be very good.  At a minimum they are using the advantages of isolation to instill their doctrine and at a maximum they are doing their very best impression of CEDU.  Either way it's no good and is worthy of protest.

I would hate to see things like financial constraints stop this thing from happening.  If there is a good plan in place then there is no reason not to do it.

Also, I recognize the desire to be law abiding and not get anybody in trouble, but just remember that the law isn't always right and if you have enough confidence in your cause you can be very persuasive.  Law enforcement has EXTREME discretion in what they choose to keep an eye on.  The law in Bonners Ferry is run by lawmen who are all about individual rights.  It probably won't take more than telling him they are preaching hippie crap up there to make him look the other way.  Seriously, if you are gonna let the Boundary County sherriff bother you then you need to remember what got you through that place.  Toughness.  We all have it.  Use it.

I am not just blowing smoke either.  If the plan is good, I will not let it fail b/c some dude can't afford a rental car.

actually if there is one thing post-cedu survival has taught me it is that I need to be looking out for one person and one person only...sorry fellow survivors, but staying sane is tough enough without worrying about the rest of you...

enjoy your protest guys...I'm sure those spoiled little 16 year olds will be extremely grateful...unless of course your protest doesn't help them get pulled and then they'll probably blame their miserable existences on you somehow and of course it will be your fault. I'm not really sure what I'll be doing the day you all make your trek up to boners ferry to stage a pointless protest, but I could probably spend the day jerking off on the beach and have more of an impact on society.

don't hate me because it's true.

• Registered Users
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: March 09, 2008, 12:12:49 AM »
Quote from: "waste of time"
Quote from: "CEDU+INTERNET=EXPOSED"

actually if there is one thing post-cedu survival has taught me it is that I need to be looking out for one person and one person only...sorry fellow survivors, but staying sane is tough enough without worrying about the rest of you...

enjoy your protest guys...I'm sure those spoiled little 16 year olds will be extremely grateful...unless of course your protest doesn't help them get pulled and then they'll probably blame their miserable existences on you somehow and of course it will be your fault. I'm not really sure what I'll be doing the day you all make your trek up to boners ferry to stage a pointless protest, but I could probably spend the day jerking off on the beach and have more of an impact on society.

don't hate me because it's true.

You know, there is a very, very large part of me that agrees with you. Seriously. But I'm currently trying to reduce the amount of cynicism I process on a daily basis.

You're right, though. It won't do shit. I'm just there to deliver some mail.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #70 on: March 09, 2008, 12:20:21 AM »
How can protesting hurt?