Author Topic: Staff Replacements at Aspen  (Read 6032 times)

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Staff Replacements at Aspen
« Reply #30 on: November 21, 2007, 11:49:59 AM »
Which one doesn't? Let me take a look through the Aspen site to see which one doesn't do that...

Nope! Not seeing any ones that don't here. Looks like they're all hellholes.

Thanks for playing.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline TheWho

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: November 21, 2007, 11:59:02 AM »
Quote from: ""Guest""
Which one doesn't? Let me take a look through the Aspen site to see which one doesn't do that...

Thanks for playing.

I think the point that was trying to be made was exactly that.  We shouldnt tell parents to rely on web sites (parody or not).  They should visit the schools and determine for themselves if it is a good fit for their family.  They shouldnt listen solely to kids here on fornits or programmies but should choose for themselves by visiting.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: November 21, 2007, 01:25:10 PM »

Thanks for playing.

I think the point that was trying to be made was exactly that.  We shouldnt tell parents to rely on web sites (parody or not).  They should visit the schools and determine for themselves if it is a good fit for their family.  They shouldnt listen solely to kids here on fornits or programmies but should choose for themselves by visiting.

Yeah, parents should go to the facility and talk with with the brainwashed kids who would be in fear of talking negative about the facility in fear of some abuse and reprisal from staff (extending the term of their stay, setting them back, cutting off the limited communications with parents). Get the high pressure sales tactics (being told that their kid is going to die if they don't put them in their program).

I think this is an excellent idea. It sounds like something a pro-program shill would say.

Offline Deborah

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: November 21, 2007, 01:57:54 PM »
Quote from: ""TheWho""
This is why many are not convinced that there are any systemic problems with abuse in the industry.  The schools are staffed with people who are dedicating their careers and lives to helping children, whether they are degreed or are in the process of getting their degree.  Many staff members move on after a few years to go back to school to further their education, private practice, further training and if they had witnessed any abuse or systemic problems these would have been reported.

Highly unlikely. Ex staff don't report what they see. They aren't willing to be blackballed if they wish to continue working in the Industry/MH field. Word travels. They also want to avoid slap suits and loss of severence pay,etc.
Dedicated to helping children is a very relative term.  Randal Hinton and too many others to mention, consider abuse to be help/treatment. One person sees caning as abuse, another sees it as appropriate discipline.
The absolute truth is that parents can't determine a strangers values in an interview or visit. That's why, if they choose to place their kids, they shouldn't allow contact to be severed under any circumstances. Their child is the only person who can report what goes on behind closed doors.
gt;>>>>>>>>>>>>>><<<<<<<<<<<<<<
Hidden Lake Academy, after operating 12 years unlicensed will now be monitored by the state. Access information on the Federal Class Action lawsuit against HLA here: http://www.fornits.com/wwf/viewtopic.php?t=17700

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: November 21, 2007, 02:08:26 PM »
Quote from: ""Deborah""
This is why many are not convinced that there are any systemic problems with abuse in the industry.  The schools are staffed with people who are dedicating their careers and lives to helping children, whether they are degreed or are in the process of getting their degree.  Many staff members move on after a few years to go back to school to further their education, private practice, further training and if they had witnessed any abuse or systemic problems these would have been reported.

Highly unlikely. Ex staff don't report what they see. They aren't willing to be blackballed if they wish to continue working in the Industry/MH field. Word travels. They also want to avoid slap suits and loss of severence pay,etc.
Dedicated to helping children is a very relative term.  Randal Hinton and too many others to mention, consider abuse to be help/treatment. One person sees caning as abuse, another sees it as appropriate discipline.
The absolute truth is that parents can't determine a strangers values in an interview or visit. That's why, if they choose to place their kids, they shouldn't allow contact to be severed under any circumstances. Their child is the only person who can report what goes on behind closed doors.

Exactly!!! When you're buying a product you here what the manufacturer of the product has to say, then you go to Epinions and see what people's actual experience with the product is.
Neglecting to speak with those who had unpleasant experiences, those willing to risk slap suits in order to tell the truth about a program, would be a gross oversight. It could cost them a lot in the long run- financially and in terms of their child's mental health and well being.

Offline Botched Programming

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: November 21, 2007, 02:42:59 PM »
Quote from: ""The Who logged in as Guest""
Exactly!!! When you're buying a product you here what the manufacturer of the product has to say, then you go to Epinions and see what people's actual experience with the product is.
Neglecting to speak with those who had unpleasant experiences, those willing to risk slap suits in order to tell the truth about a program, would be a gross oversight. It could cost them a lot in the long run- financially and in terms of their child's mental health and well being.

I can't believe you would honestly compare products from manufacturers to your kid.

Tell us Who..... It's all about putting another dollar in your wallet, isn't it????

Offline Anne Bonney

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: November 21, 2007, 02:44:36 PM »
Quote from: ""Botched Programming""

I can't believe you would honestly compare products from manufacturers to your kid.

That's a constant theme with him.
traight, St. Pete, early 80s
AA is a cult http://www.orange-papers.org/orange-cult.html

The more boring a child is, the more the parents, when showing off the child, receive adulation for being good parents-- because they have a tame child-creature in their house.  ~~  Frank Zappa

Offline TheWho

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: November 21, 2007, 05:38:58 PM »
Quote from: ""Deborah""

Of course a person can not talk if they have been terminated or they could lose severance.  This goes for any corporation.  What I am saying is there are many, many young people who are passing thru these TBS's on their way to getting their Masters and Doctorate in the field and they would be bound to speak out if they saw abuse going on.

As far as leaving their kids with others.... this is always a difficult decision when a child goes on to boarding school.  I think the advantage parents have with a TBS is that they can ask for and get an independent therapist for their child to see once a week and have that therapist report home.  This gives the parents an extra level of comfort that their child is doing okay and progressing thru the program.

Offline TheWho

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: November 21, 2007, 05:45:02 PM »
Quote from: ""Botched Programming""
Quote from: ""The Who logged in as Guest""

Tell us Who..... It's all about putting another dollar in your wallet, isn't it????

That wasn’t me... sorry.  But I don’t see why people get so bothered by analogies here... or trying to make a point by using cars or other corporations besides the Teen help industry.  It is perfectly acceptable in any debate as a form of communicating to try and tie an idea or threaded connection from one situation to another... it doesn’t diminish the child any.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Re: Staff Replacements at Aspen
« Reply #39 on: August 05, 2008, 02:53:19 PM »
This guy is a piece of work!! 

Quote from: "Guest"
then what difference should it make when you say -

The therapist my daughter saw at ASR was licensed. I can not speak to all schools, but that was my experience.
My daughter also went thru some testing while at SUWS and this was also performed by a licensed professional therapist with the state Virginia.

Code: [Select]
The only reason an Engineer,Teacher or accountant needs to be licensed is if they are going to work for themselves (in some cases) or work for the state.
So, your daughter was seen by state therapists? Or private? because if you are working in the private sector - according to you, you don't need to be licensed.

you can't have it both ways - everything you say is a contradiction.

Honestly, I have not seen anything meaningful or relevanyt come out of anything you have to post.

all manipulative lies -

more who/alan spin

Offline seamus

• View Profile
Re: Staff Replacements at Aspen
« Reply #40 on: August 06, 2008, 09:06:31 AM »
To borrow an expression from my brother,"IS THIS GOING SOMEWHERE, or JUST RUNNING LAPS?" ::)
It\'d be sad if it wernt so funny,It\'d be funny if it wernt so sad