Author Topic: New PV VIDEO Don't BELIEVE the HYPE!  (Read 8632 times)

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
New PV VIDEO Don't BELIEVE the HYPE!
« Reply #60 on: November 15, 2007, 10:42:48 AM »
Spoken like a true PV survivor Settle. Thanks for bringing the thread  back to the topic of PV and away from Cindy Lou. Of course she will be back to try to redirect the thread soon enough. After all it is her job.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline ZenAgent

• View Profile
    • http://www.freepowerboards.com/strugglingppl/index.php
« Reply #61 on: November 15, 2007, 11:31:04 AM »
We're talkin' about a rep of The Man, anyway.  

The PV success stories are a little thin.  I know one of the former patients, very much a cheerleader, has a pro-PV blog and hits the recruiting rallies often.  Damn, they accuse the abused kids of not being able to put it behind them, but the Koolaid krew make a career out of their program experiences,
\"Allah does not love the public utterance of hurtful speech, unless it be by one to whom injustice has been done; and Allah is Hearing, Knowing\" - The Qur\'an

\"I\'m there to handle kids that are psychotic, suicidal, homicidal, or have commited felonies. Oh yeah, I am also there to take them down when they are rowdy so the nurse can give them the booty juice.\"

Offline TheWho

• View Profile
« Reply #62 on: November 15, 2007, 12:29:42 PM »
Settlefornothinglesswrote:
hmm being sent to your room is the same as isolation... i dont remember my room at home being all white walls, no carpet, with a window with fuckin locks and bar like screening
You must not have lived in the city.
denied access to a phone? hmm ya ok.. well how about not just being grounded for a week without being able to talk on the phone but never in your stay there and when you can in sessionss... it is all monitored.. if they dont like where the convo is going... CLICK
I would suggest the parents talk about this upfront to see what they feel is acceptable.  Monitoring for some kids might be needed.
Told what to eat is different then forcing food. My parents told me to eat my veggies when i was young, but did that mean that if i didnt.. too bad i dont eat for the rest of the day? and how about when the EColi and fuckin Norovirus outbreak?
Some family rules are stricter than others, as far as ecoli, they are having that problem in over 40 schools in England right now.  So yes it is a problem globally.
families not licenced...uhh duhh... no shit theyre not.. thats a lame fuckin rebuttal... MENTAL HEALTH "PROFESSIONALS" TREATING YOUR KID SHOULD BE FUCKING LICENCED. Like for example if you had to have open heart surgery, how would you feel with someone who took a class or two in college with a GED and no Degree much less licence to perform that fuckn surgery?
I don’t think I would like that.  I suggest parents get to meet the people who will be working with their kids.
Yes families can be confrontational but not to the degree where you confront others for personal gain so you dont get the treatment the Gowns n Scrubs get!!!
Sorry you lost me.
COmparing a family vacation to a TTI shitpit? thats just pure idiotic.. it aint no fuckin all inclusive resort... PV even makes you pay extra for each restraint! Some psychotropic cocktails are extra, etc.
No, the list item was referring to leaving the country.
Not allowed to leave the property? WTF??? At least they can go outside... and also if little Elian falls outside and needs Xrays, that parent will take him to the hospital and not bring the Xray to the "premises"
Same with programs, kids can go for walks in the woods, schedule doctors appointments in town, no gates or fences.  There is a van which takes the kids to their dentist or doctors appointment and the parents handle this through their HMO separately.  But if the kids break the rules they may loose some of those privileges just like at home.
Parented by former teens? how about the former teens are performing your treatment process?
That’s okay, my point is we were all former teens.  Being treated by people that formally attended the school isn’t a bad thing.  It is actually a plus in some instances.
Parents at PV sometimes can never see their kids.
I probably wouldn’t choose PV then.
Homos are ill? Whoever says that is gay... Yall who talk alot of shit are the ones who are ill.
I never said that.  I believe some parents feel that way and I am sure there are schools that take the same view.  It is not unique to just schools.
Discipline may be at home things like no computer or phone for a week, and you have to stay home on friday nite.. PV discipline is having 5 people sitting on you face down on the ground where you cannot breathe and can very easily suffocate. and if thats not discipline enough, you get the body net on a bed for a day. And dont forget using psychotropics as discipline as well.
This doesn’t occur in all schools,  I wouldn’t recommend parents to send a kid to a school that did this.
Patients are never outside while on GAAU aka STU. Never get to feel the energy and warmth of the sun. Cant even look out the fuckin window.
Not sure what the initials mean, but the place my daughter attended they could go outside or leave if they liked, although if a child leaves the grounds without asking they may get kicked out of school.
HMMMMMM MUCH FUCKIN DIFFERENCE YOU IGNORANT, PIECE OF SHIT. YOU WANNA TALK SHIT, ILL BE HERE TO KNOCK IT ALL DOWN BACK INTO THE PILE OF HORSESHIT IT IS. GOD, MOTHERFUCKER.

You sound really pissed and you seem to view all schools through your single personal experience.   ISAC put the list out as red flags for all schools.  I just don’t agree with them.

Offline Botched Programming

• View Profile
Licensing
« Reply #63 on: November 15, 2007, 12:53:41 PM »
Ok here we are on what seems to be a very touchy subject Who. When it comes to "entrusting care" of children to people who are unlicensed, many of us feel that this highly unethical and unwise due to our own first hand experiences from this being done to us.

I live in Florida where many imigrants come to live. There have been many stories done here regarding these people being unlicensed and setting up illegal dental offices in their homes and such. Then when they get investigated the "medical facility" is deplorable. The instruments are dirty and many times these people cause great harm.

Choosing an unlicensed person to entrust care to, well the above is a good comparison. Where picking a licensed person is like going to a licensed dentist who's office is clean, instruments that are used are highly sanitary.

If there are qualified people out there that are unlicensed, why don't they take the necessary testing and become licensed.

Many times being unlicensed is being halfassed.

Offline TheWho

• View Profile
Re: Licensing
« Reply #64 on: November 15, 2007, 01:19:34 PM »
Quote from: ""Botched Programming""
Ok here we are on what seems to be a very touchy subject Who. When it comes to "entrusting care" of children to people who are unlicensed, many of us feel that this highly unethical and unwise due to our own first hand experiences from this being done to us.

I live in Florida where many imigrants come to live. There have been many stories done here regarding these people being unlicensed and setting up illegal dental offices in their homes and such. Then when they get investigated the "medical facility" is deplorable. The instruments are dirty and many times these people cause great harm.

Choosing an unlicensed person to entrust care to, well the above is a good comparison. Where picking a licensed person is like going to a licensed dentist who's office is clean, instruments that are used are highly sanitary.

If there are qualified people out there that are unlicensed, why don't they take the necessary testing and become licensed.

Many times being unlicensed is being halfassed.

Yeah it does seem to be a bit touchy.

people dont get licensed because they don’t need to, I believe.  I have a nephew who is an engineer and could take a test to get a professional engineers license, but there is no motivation to get it.  He wont make anymore money or learn anything more than he already knows.  He would have to take time off of work, pay for the testing and drive into the city…there is no payback.  Most kids and adults wouldn’t get a drivers license unless it was required.
I think licensing creates a minimum standard so people cant operated on other people in their homes like you mentioned.  This is a really good thing.  But on the other end if a person has a ton of experience in say science, has a college degree and can bring a lot to a small school and fits in well why tell them to get licensed if it is not Required? Who cares if he knows the capital of Nebraska or not, let the Geography teacher handle those questions.  Kids coming out of private high schools do pretty well, despite being taught by unlicensed people.

But parents do need to take an active role in choosing a school and making sure it fits with their family values and expectations.  If the child isn’t presently attending school at all then the academic aspect of the school may not be at the top of their list as long as he/she starts doing some type of school work… other parents may regard the academics as number one and will seek a school that has top notch teachers… so I guess it depends on the needs of the individual family.

Offline ZenAgent

• View Profile
« Reply #65 on: November 15, 2007, 01:25:31 PM »
Quit arguing with the program survivors, Whootie.  They were in a shithole, you weren't.   You were drinking martinis in the clubhouse.
\"Allah does not love the public utterance of hurtful speech, unless it be by one to whom injustice has been done; and Allah is Hearing, Knowing\" - The Qur\'an

\"I\'m there to handle kids that are psychotic, suicidal, homicidal, or have commited felonies. Oh yeah, I am also there to take them down when they are rowdy so the nurse can give them the booty juice.\"

Offline TheWho

• View Profile
« Reply #66 on: November 15, 2007, 01:42:46 PM »
Quote from: ""ZenAgent""
Quit arguing with the program survivors, Whootie.  They were in a shithole, you weren't.   You were drinking martinis in the clubhouse.

That doesn’t make any sense, why not create a forum for kids who attended TBS and only allow them to post if that is your goal.  I was responding to an ISAC list that I didn’t agree with.

If you eliminated all the non-survivors not many would be left, yourself included.

Offline Botched Programming

• View Profile
Re: Licensing
« Reply #67 on: November 15, 2007, 01:51:45 PM »
Quote from: ""TheWho""
Yeah it does seem to be a bit touchy.

people dont get licensed because they don’t need to, I believe.  I have a nephew who is an engineer and could take a test to get a professional engineers license, but there is no motivation to get it.  He wont make anymore money or learn anything more than he already knows.  He would have to take time off of work, pay for the testing and drive into the city…there is no payback.  Most kids and adults wouldn’t get a drivers license unless it was required.
I think licensing creates a minimum standard so people cant operated on other people in their homes like you mentioned.  This is a really good thing. But on the other end if a person has a ton of experience in say science, has a college degree and can bring a lot to a small school and fits in well why tell them to get licensed if it is not Required? Who cares if he knows the capital of Nebraska or not, let the Geography teacher handle those questions.  Kids coming out of private high schools do pretty well, despite being taught by unlicensed people.

But parents do need to take an active role in choosing a school and making sure it fits with their family values and expectations.  If the child isn’t presently attending school at all then the academic aspect of the school may not be at the top of their list as long as he/she starts doing some type of school work… other parents may regard the academics as number one and will seek a school that has top notch teachers… so I guess it depends on the needs of the individual family.

Now look closely at the line I highlighted in red. We are not just talking about schools teaching classes, we are talking about a "Troubled Teen Industry" that are getting inside of kids heads and screwing with stuff just like a psychiatrist would, however they are not licensed like a psychiatrist is.

It's basically the the same as the scenario I used about the unlicensed dentist. Think about it.

Offline ZenAgent

• View Profile
« Reply #68 on: November 15, 2007, 01:57:09 PM »

That doesn’t make any sense, why not create a forum for kids who attended TBS and only allow them to post if that is your goal.  I was responding to an ISAC list that I didn’t agree with.

If you eliminated all the non-survivors not many would be left, yourself included.

I don't question their experiences.  You're an overachiever when it comes to being an asshole - you know that -  especially in regard to program survivors.

Offline TheWho

• View Profile
« Reply #69 on: November 15, 2007, 02:15:52 PM »

I don't question their experiences.  You're an overachiever when it comes to being an asshole - you know that -  especially in regard to program survivors.

Oh, because I dont paint the entire industry one color and view every school thru your experience with PV?  Give me a break, that means we are all ass holes except you and that puts you in a very uncomfortable place, setting such a high standard for us to acheive.

No I am not politically correct or fold to the fornits group think here and I realize people dont like it, but I am just not the type to jump on the popular band wagon and misinform parents who may have a concern with their child.

There are places that people here could recommend to parents but instead they choose to imply their bad experience is typical of the entire industry when it is not... you are the ass hole for being part of it and not choosing to help some of these kids by engaging their parents and being truthful.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #70 on: November 15, 2007, 02:20:20 PM »

Oh, because I dont paint the entire industry one color and view every school thru your experience with PV?  Give me a break, that means we are all ass holes except you and that puts you in a very uncomfortable place, setting such a high standard for us to acheive.

No I am not politically correct or fold to the fornits group think here and I realize people dont like it, but I am just not the type to jump on the popular band wagon and misinform parents who may have a concern with their child.

There are places that people here could recommend to parents but instead they choose to imply their bad experience is typical of the entire industry when it is not... you are the ass hole for being part of it and not choosing to help some of these kids by engaging their parents and being truthful.

Yeah, real credible coming from this guy!  :roll:

http://wwf.fornits.com/viewtopic.php?t=24126&start=0

Quote from: "Guest"

http://wwf.fornits.com/viewtopic.php?p=283976#283976

Quote from: "TheWho"

I apologize for being vague, I have a fiduciary duty which prevents me from speaking in any specific terms in this area and can only comment on information which is first made public by either party involved,  this could be misconstrued as “Tippingâ€

Offline ZenAgent

• View Profile
« Reply #71 on: November 15, 2007, 02:45:14 PM »
Calm down, Whootie, you sound agitated.  Have a drink.

I tend to focus on PV - you don't see me commenting on ASR, I don't have an informed opinion.  Yet you'll come onto a thread about PV and question the validity of ISAC's warning list as it applies to PV and programs in general.  The analogy of parental discipline was weak, so very weak.

Offline ZenAgent

• View Profile
« Reply #72 on: November 15, 2007, 02:48:11 PM »
Best way to get rid of Whootie - just yell

BAIN CAPITAL!

really loud.  He buggers off then.

Offline ZenAgent

• View Profile
« Reply #73 on: November 15, 2007, 03:00:36 PM »
Oh, God...right in our backyard.

http://www.iht.com/articles/ap/2007/11/ ... rrests.php

I think we know where the dog's collar went now, sweetie.

Offline TheWho

• View Profile
« Reply #74 on: November 15, 2007, 03:03:39 PM »
Calm down, Whootie, you sound agitated.  Have a drink.

No, that wasnt me, someone else posted that from the HLA thread regarding a fiduciary agreement...... old news............. It may seem as though I was agitated because of the bold letters (the original wasnt that way), the poster was trying to show a connection from this thread to HLA thread, but I dont see it.

I tend to focus on PV - you don't see me commenting on ASR, I don't have an informed opinion.  Yet you'll come onto a thread about PV and question the validity of ISAC's warning list as it applies to PV and programs in general.  The analogy of parental discipline was weak, so very weak.

I dont comment specifically on PV, I have never been there.  I was questioning the ISAC warning list (not how it applies to PV) but from my experience.  Some of my experiences are weak analogies and others strong.  Again I dont see things as black and white.  Schools have their strong points and their weak ones, depends on who you talk to as to which list you will get.