Author Topic: TO EMILY GRAEBER (Island View escapee):  (Read 56972 times)

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
bravo again
« Reply #120 on: November 18, 2007, 09:30:14 PM »
Clap. Clap. Clap.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline TheWho

• View Profile
TO EMILY GRAEBER (Island View escapee):
« Reply #121 on: November 18, 2007, 11:20:21 PM »
I ran because the program scared me, not because I was a rebel or runaway. I know of many others who ran with mixed results. There is one kid who has never been found. The program doesn't care about this kid, only their own PR.... their bullshit program spin, and lack of efficacy in dealing with the issue when the kid first ran, woke up the father to realizing how completely full of crap the program was. They didn't care about the kid.

That must have sucked.  Many here felt the same way when Emily ran off.  They were hoping she would not be found so that they could snub their noses at the parents and school.  Seems everyone has an agenda.

I just think its scary that programs will tell parents not to see or talk to their kids after they are caught.... so once again, the program spins the story, often at the expense of the kid.

When will the kid be first?

Some schools can make bad decisions, it’s a good thing Island View encouraged the parents to get a search group going and try to encourage communication  and get Emily home.  Its important to get the child stabilized and in a place they feel safe.  I give the school, Emilies friends and Emilies parents a lot of credit in making this happen and gining her a safe place to come back to.  I think everyone is happy at this point and Emily is getting the help she needs.

Good luck Emily!

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
what
« Reply #122 on: November 18, 2007, 11:28:44 PM »
nah, I am kinda of pissed at whoever turned her in.

She is no better off and is going to face reverberations especially if she goes back to the pit or to WT.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #123 on: November 18, 2007, 11:49:28 PM »
Quote from: ""Guest""
That must have sucked.  Many here felt the same way when Emily ran off.  They were hoping she would not be found so that they could snub their noses at the parents and school.  Seems everyone has an agenda.

That's neat; how you see into my thoughts like that. Ok, what number am I thinking of...NOW?!!!! Hmmm, didn't hear from you. And you’re just as clueless, and much more insanely self aggrandizing, disingenuous, and lacking in authority to telling me what I hoped happened to his young woman, and why. There are different voices here, ya' know. What I hoped was that she was not just found, but that she declared herself, after she was in a position to have some about what is done to her.

Quote from: "Guest"
Quote from: ""guest""
I just think its scary that programs will tell parents not to see or talk to their kids after they are caught.... so once again, the program spins the story, often at the expense of the kid.
Some schools can make bad decisions, it’s a good thing Island View encouraged the parents to get a search group going and try to encourage communication  and get Emily home.  Its important to get the child stabilized and in a place they feel safe.  I give the school, Emilies friends and Emilies parents a lot of credit in making this happen and gining her a safe place to come back to.  I think everyone is happy at this point and Emily is getting the help she needs.
Good luck Emily!

Telling someone not to contact your kid isn't a bad decision, it's a legal crime. As someone who engages in these sorts of crimes, that's a distinction you like to neglect. How do YOU know what Island View encouraged?

We do know that they had people posting asking her to come back, because her running away was so, so, so selfish, and there would be "amends" she’d have to make, but it was worth it. As you know as well as I what amends are, we know the "decisions" that island view makes aren't much different than the one dealt with by Shanlea, a cedu survivor,(I think)  a torture center now officially recognized as an abusive cult, that also used "amends".

Offline TheWho

• View Profile
Re: what
« Reply #124 on: November 18, 2007, 11:50:03 PM »
Quote from: ""a voice from nowhere""

She is no better off and is going to face reverberations especially if she goes back to the pit or to WT.

she is much better off then being on the streets.  That is the most dangerous place for a young girl, runaway, with no street smarts,  thats no life.  She belongs with her family or back at IV to finish her program.. she has a nice long life ahead of her and a chance to be happy if she can get thru this rough spot.

Offline TheWho

• View Profile
« Reply #125 on: November 19, 2007, 12:01:08 AM »
What I hoped was that she was not just found, but that she declared herself, after she was in a position to have some about what is done to her.

Its a good thing she didnt listen to you because that is not what she wanted.  No body wants that, ever.  what kids want is a family that loves and cares for them and whom they can love back.  She is going thru a rough time and needs a little extra help than most kids.

Of course the school encouraged the parents to locate and contact her, which they did and Emily wanted to come home.  She will eventually have to come to terms with her feelings which caused her to run and this will happen in her own natural time either at home or under the supervision of a trained counselor.

I think we are all happy that she is safe and getting the help she needs.

Offline Deborah

• View Profile
« Reply #126 on: November 19, 2007, 12:02:01 AM »
Some schools can make bad decisions, it’s a good thing Island View encouraged the parents to get a search group going and try to encourage communication and get Emily home.

Where was that reported, Who? (You're the only one who spells her name Emily and Emilie.)
The parents had to be "encouraged" by IV to get a search group going? Pulezzzzz.
Or are they truely so "unengaged and univolved" that they had to be told to search for their daughter?

I think everyone is happy at this point and Emily is getting the help she needs.

And you know this, how?
gt;>>>>>>>>>>>>>><<<<<<<<<<<<<<
Hidden Lake Academy, after operating 12 years unlicensed will now be monitored by the state. Access information on the Federal Class Action lawsuit against HLA here: http://www.fornits.com/wwf/viewtopic.php?t=17700

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #127 on: November 19, 2007, 12:03:27 AM »

she is much better off then being on the streets.  That is the most dangerous place for a young girl, runaway, with no street smarts,  thats no life.  She belongs with her family or back at IV to finish her program.. she has a nice long life ahead of her and a chance to be happy if she can get thru this rough spot.

Intersting, is a girl better off in a torture-cult devoted to destroying her, unravelling her brain like a spool of red yarn? Or, living with that nice family who turned her in, misguidedly, beleiving her family was nice, like theirs. Any family that would have Island view in on the discussions as Who says (not that you can beleive the aspen industry pr man) is not nice.

As tough as it is without parents, you are often better off without the sort that would send you to live life in an insitution, and you are better off on the street than in program, as you stand a better chance of coming out of them OK.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #128 on: November 19, 2007, 12:03:44 AM »

Intersting, is a girl better off in a torture-cult devoted to destroying her, unravelling her brain like a spool of red yarn? Or, living with that nice family who turned her in, misguidedly, beleiving her family was nice, like theirs. Any family that would have Island view in on the discussions as Who says (not that you can beleive the aspen industry pr man) is not nice.

As tough as it is without parents, you are often better off without the sort that would send you to live life in an insitution, and you are better off on the street than in program, as you stand a better chance of coming out of them OK.

Offline TheWho

• View Profile
« Reply #129 on: November 19, 2007, 12:07:48 AM »
Quote from: ""Deborah""
Some schools can make bad decisions, it’s a good thing Island View encouraged the parents to get a search group going and try to encourage communication and get Emily home.

Where was that reported, Who? (You're the only one who spells her name Emily and Emilie.)
The parents had to be "encouraged" by IV to get a search group going? Pulezzzzz.
Or are they truely so "unengaged and univolved" that they had to be told to search for their daughter?

I think everyone is happy at this point and Emily is getting the help she needs.

And you know this, how?

Not so sure you are right there, Deborah,  The original poster calls her Emily also.  what is it you think her name is?

Offline TheWho

• View Profile
« Reply #130 on: November 19, 2007, 12:15:41 AM »

Actually chances are she would be dead living on the streets in a short time.  Kids do much better with family or with people who they love and/or who love them.  Second to that they are better of in a place where they can heal and grow.  The last place for a child is on the streets.  You certainly dont know much about street life or city living for a runaway teen age girl.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #131 on: November 19, 2007, 12:18:35 AM »
Quote from: ""Deborah""

I'm guessing this expert is trying to indicate the possessive proper noun form of “Emilyâ€

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #132 on: November 19, 2007, 12:45:04 AM »
Whom, no one wants to read your volley shots and returns with Deborah.

That is the most dangerous place for a young girl, runaway, with no street smarts, thats no life.

so she was living on the streets? I don't think so.

THE ISLAND is considering her for a JAN 08 re-admission. After she spends 8 weeks in Second Nature. Afer her poor parents are spent and probably grateful THE ISLAND will take her back.

Disgusting.

Show those assholes, Emily's parents. Don't send her back. Even when you have the peer group leader calling you spineless if your daugher runs and you welcome her back home.

Offline TheWho

• View Profile
« Reply #133 on: November 19, 2007, 07:33:46 AM »
Quote from: ""a Mom""
Whom, no one wants to read your volley shots and returns with Deborah.

That is the most dangerous place for a young girl, runaway, with no street smarts, thats no life.

so she was living on the streets? I don't think so.

THE ISLAND is considering her for a JAN 08 re-admission. After she spends 8 weeks in Second Nature. Afer her poor parents are spent and probably grateful THE ISLAND will take her back.

Disgusting.

Show those assholes, Emily's parents. Don't send her back. Even when you have the peer group leader calling you spineless if your daugher runs and you welcome her back home.

The streets is where most run aways end up.  A young girl without street smarts wouldnt last too long.  She was lucky

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #134 on: November 19, 2007, 10:41:01 AM »
QFTing.

Ridiculous. Of course, the program is working the parent! Not to help!

Kids split programs.  Often not because they are "backsliding" but because they are shocked, horrified, frightened and abused!

In fact, splitting to me is often a healthy indicator that the kid has not drank the Kool Aid yet.

The scary thing is that so many kids who have never run away in their lives are willing to risk their personal safety to get out of The Twilight Zone.

I know because I was one of them. I was a total chicken shit wuss, never ran away in my life, but after experiencing the surreal horror of the program I knew I had to split  OR: I would become a lobotomized Stepford programmee, who was forced to lie about my personal history under extreme duress and bully, abuse, and exploit others to get ahead in the program. It was the only way to move through the levels.

Was I some kind of hell raising rebel? Nope. Blended in the wall paper, caused no trouble, was not one of the ones lambasted regularly...

When I left the first time, the program lied to my parents, lied to me, and threatened to put me in lock up even though I had never been a danger to others.  Ever!  They gave my parents THE TYPICAL SPIEL THEY GIVE TO EVERY RUN AWAY's FAMILY and said: don't come up and talk to your kid; your kid will end up deadinsaneorinjailorondrugs if you attempt to withdraw her (none of it true, nor was it true BEFORE the program); lied about drug use to my parents; and basically did everything to protect their interest.

Next time, I planned better. And unlike my Mom, who drank the Kool Aid, my Dad knew something was not kosher when I made it all the way home, safely. He did not send me back--he talked to me. (Thanks, Dad!)

I ran because the program scared me, not because I was a rebel or runaway.  I know of many others who ran with mixed results. There is one kid who has never been found. The program doesn't care about this kid, only their own PR.... their bullshit program spin, and lack of efficacy in dealing with the issue when the kid first ran, woke up the father to realizing how completely full of crap the program was. They didn't care about the kid.

When will the kid be first?