Author Topic: TO EMILY GRAEBER (Island View escapee):  (Read 56963 times)

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
TO EMILY GRAEBER (Island View escapee):
« on: November 09, 2007, 12:52:52 PM »
DO NOT attempt to contact your parents until you are over the age of 18!

DO NOT reveal yourself to ANYONE you cannot absolutely trust - THIS INCLUDES ALL FAMILY MEMBERS WHO DID NOT HELP YOU ESCAPE - in any way!

DO NOT use your real name if at all possible.

CHANGE YOUR APPEARANCE as much as you can.

LEAVE THE COUNTRY if at all possible!

Assume that your parents WILL send you back to that hellhole if at all possible.

YOU ARE BEING TRACKED BY THE FEDS. Find a new hiding spot if the person hiding you ever showed up with you on any security camera.

TO THE FBI: Fucking investigate Island View itself while you're at it, huh?
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2007, 02:37:33 PM »
the above advice is very good advice!  I thought about writing something like that myself.... but didn't know where to post it!

to Emily's parents: I'm sure you are worried sick... however, you never should have put her in a place like Island View in the first place... you should have been more worried about her safety and well being while she was at Island View than you are worried about her right now.  To put your mind as ease, as long as there has been no foul play (which I doubt there was) Emily is probably safer now than she was when she was in the program.

FBI - Investigate Island View (specifically W. Kimball DeLaMare) instead of looking for Emily. Emily is probably FINE!  Now it's all of the other kids in Island View that I'm worried about!   :flame:

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
She never got off the plane
« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2007, 07:33:45 AM »
She remained on the plane and continued to San Francisco.

If she has some wilderness skills (and the most of Aspen's clients has because they have been on wilderness boot camps before the therapists fooled the parents into paying for a stay in another department in the Aspen company) she can try to make it up to Canada.

(Source:)
http://www.operationfindachild.org/Case ... 82007.html

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Come forward if you have information
« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2007, 11:50:37 AM »
The Shawn Hornbeck Foundation is actively involved in this case, and we are very concerned about Emily's welfare.  We have talked extensively with Emily's parents, and can assure EVERYONE that Emily WILL NOT be sent back to Island View.  We are all just worried about Emily, and want to make sure she is OK.

Everything we do is about protecting kids, and we would never do anything to put Emily in jeopardy or make her do something against her will.  If she doesn't want to contact her parents that's fine - just contact us to let US know you are OK.  We're working night and day to make sure Emily is safe, and would appreciate any help anyone can provide to help us make sure Emily is safe.

Emily or anyone else with information or who is willing to help can contact us Toll-Free at 1-866-495-HOPE, or can contact us via our websites at www.shfoundation.org or www.alostchild.com.

Thanks for your consideration.

Craig Akers
CEO
The Shawn Hornbeck Foundation, Inc.
Helping to Bring Them Home!

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 12, 2007, 10:27:40 PM »
Ah! It looks like it took some rather stark advice to get people like Mr. Akers on this board. Thank you, original poster, but I would also like to contradict you, because Mr. Graeber has been reading the .info network (linked to from your post) as well as Fornits. I honestly don't think a family law practicioner can retain a pro-Island View (or any other shitpit) stance after being here for a while, so Emily is probably safe at this point going back to him.

(Assuming, of course, that her parents are worth living with in the first place. She may be objectively better off where she is...)

Mr. Akers, I'm surprised your organization hasn't long since taken a position on these places. Even the most cursory browsing of Fornits tells of escapes (some successful), abuses, and deaths.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
EMILY GRAEBER
« Reply #5 on: November 13, 2007, 01:17:04 AM »
I AM FROM SAINT LOUIS AND KNOW EMILY FROM A YOUNGER TIME IN HER LIFE.   WE ARE SO WORRIED ABOUT YOU!   YOU ARE A GOOD PERSON AND MANY PEOPLE IN SAINT LOUIS CARE DEEPLY ABOUT YOU AND YOUR WELL-BEING.  WE WANT TO HELP YOU!  IF YOU DON'T WANT TO CALL YOUR PARENTS, CALL SUSAN, RANDY OR ANOTHER ADULT FROM YOUR LIFE.  PLEASE COME HOME AND DON'T LISTEN TO PEOPLE WHO DON'T EVEN KNOW YOU. TRES

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 13, 2007, 03:02:11 AM »

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 13, 2007, 01:15:46 PM »
Emily and were best friends from 6th grade to 8th grade.

I don't think its appropiate for people to be giving her parents advice, let them do what they need to do to find her.

All they are looking for is help & support, and that is what they need to be given.

I talked to Emily the night before she left, and she did not share any information about running away. She IMED me.

Obviously she was more safe at Island View then somewhere unknown.

And if Emily is reading this, please, PLEASE, come home. I was really proud of you after all you told me on Halloween. Don't ruin that !

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 13, 2007, 01:34:35 PM »
Emily - This is your parents after having read your IM logs.

If you needed any more proof that you seriously can't fucking trust them, here it is.

Quote from: ""Annonymous""
Obviously she was more safe at Island View then somewhere unknown.

And if Emily is reading this, please, PLEASE, come home. I was really proud of you after all you told me on Halloween.

Seriously, do you really think your best friend wrote this?

Mrs. Graeber, we're not going to let you get away with crap like this on Fornits. You are not her mother anymore and you have no right to call yourself that. Every goal you had for her is utterly meaningless, backed up only by threats and abuse. Every expression of love you ever pretended to have for your daughter is a lie- you don't even know the meaning of the word. Get off Fornits and go cliff diving.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 13, 2007, 02:08:38 PM »
Apparently the last commentor has nothing better to do than "try" to help kids run away and insist the parents are out to harm her. I personally know this family and it makes me sick that someone out there spends his/her days trashing anyone that is trying to help, friends included.

To Emily - all everyone wants is for you to be safe.  You CAN call your family, they love you and will ALWAYS be there to help. If you've had problems with the place you were, other options are available.  Be safe.[/i]

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 13, 2007, 02:10:36 PM »
See what I mean - any chance you can get a life.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 13, 2007, 02:21:03 PM »
http://wwf.fornits.com/viewtopic.php?p=295185#295185
http://wwf.fornits.com/viewtopic.php?p=295198#295198

Same person, almost certainly a private investigator or programmie, with input from her mom.

Yes, they'll pretend to be your best friend to get you back, and then once they have you they can do whatever they want to you. Now you know what your parents REALLY are (just in case them paying to have you hurt at Island View didn't get the point across)! Sur-PRIIISE! Doesn't that make you feel loved?

I think the OP was trying to make the point that you call those assholes and they'll trace it, but that's really a "no shit, Sherlock" more than any sort of advice.

Yeah, they'll always be there to help, all right. I think Emily knows what her parents' idea of help is by this point. :lol:

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 13, 2007, 02:32:57 PM »
Emily, if you do ever read this, please do NOT listen the asshole that is "trying" to make everyone else feel bad for trying to help, who apparently has NOTHING better to do than trash people and spend his/her days online trying to feel better about himself/herself. Perhaps this person is one you'd find on "To Catch A Predator" and please watch yourself.

I'm not your parents, I'm not with the FBI or any other foundation that tries to help teens, I am a friend and a parent.

If you were in danger, talk to someone, no one would have knowingly put you in a place of harm.

Be safe, watch your back and please come home soon - YOU ARE LOVED (no matter what the "Predator" tells you).

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 13, 2007, 02:45:10 PM »
There are reasons why Emily is not back at Island View. There are reasons why Emily is not communicating with her family. Emily has her reasons and no one was willing to listen to her. Hopefully it is not too late. Island View and the Graeber household should be under scrutiny at this point in time. Emily needs a safe arena to come forward. Wanted posters with reward money present Emily as a criminal which she is not.
Emily, please call a trusted friend and let them know you are okay.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 13, 2007, 02:56:41 PM »
LOL, like I could ever mistake you for a Fed. The party van drivers retain a degree of professionalism. You don't.

I am a friend and a parent...

The desperation is coming through loud and clear but I still can't tell between "asshole PI" and "programmie higher-up". Starting to sound a bit more like the latter, although "J. Random Asshole her parents thought would help" is also a candidate.

So, let's recap:

Parents hand Emily's computer to some pseudo-professional, who poses as her best friend after thoroughly searching everything Emily thought was private on her computer.

No further comment necessary.

I can't help but be reminded of all the kids who escaped, got told by their parents they weren't going to be sent back.. and instead got sent somewhere WORSE.

Although this topic has a decent chance of getting reposted somewhere big (in which case someone should probably Pain Series/ape the thread), I think I'm 'bout done here. Good luck adjusting to liters and meters, Emily.