Author Topic: Let's make some videos  (Read 2304 times)

Offline wesfager

• View Profile
    • http://www.thestraights.com
Let's make some videos
« on: February 18, 2002, 03:09:00 PM »
As I see it we need two videos.  One would be a 5 - 10 minute streaming video with sound.  Let me lead into this.  

Way back Richard Ofshe writing in The Light on Synanon  wrote that it is almost impossible  to put into words the raw emotions  that one is placed through while participating in a  Synanon Game.  And he knew first-hand  becasue he has played the Game at Synnaon personally.    I want to say that it is impossible for an outsider to realize the shear terror that each and everyone of you kids went through at the Straights.  I want to add that I persoanally can feel it,  but only slightly,  because like any parent I was Gamed by my peers on Monday and  Friday nights   and also I was Gamed especially harshly at Parents Weekend because I had brought up previously at the compound one Monday night what I had learned about abuses you kids were sustaining.  But the parents are peanuts compared to Andy.   At 15 Andy was a 6-2, 230 pound solidly build kid who as a Fourth Phasor was the ranking psychologist in my home.  One night it was learned by the kids staying in my home that I had drank an alcoholic beverage at our office Christmas Party and though I was beyond the six hour threshold of abstaining before being around a Straight student,  Andy attacked me hard.  It was a 60 second  verbal barrage that seemed like an eternity and I came within moments of kicking him in his groin so threatened I did feel for my life!  I MEAN I ACTUALLY THOUGHT HE WAS GOING TO KILL ME,  THOUGH HE NEVER TOUCHED WHILE HE HOVERED WITHIN A MILLIMETER OF MY FACE. Now I don't mean I thought he was going to kill me.  I mean I was terrified and I really thought that he had lost all controll and was going to try to bash my head against the wall which is what he told me he felt like doing (along with ripping my fucking tongue out of my mouth,  and,  well you know.)    (Later Andy escaped  and asked me if he could live with me.  I said no but took him to dinner, gave him some money and wished him well.  He told me then that he was sorry about the time he had Gamed me but that had he not the others would have brought it up next day at Group and they would be asked- what did Andy do?,  and if they said nothing,  then the Group would have gone after Andy.)

When Bill , my son,  sued Straight his attorney asked the judge for permission to have one of the kids demonstrate spit therapy to the jury.  He was going to have this kid spit reapeatedly in his own face while screaming at him at the top of his lungs.   Now not even that has the effect of a 30 minute session in front of three oldcomers,  or worse  an extended session before the entire Group.  But it would give a better message that just reading a transcript or hearing a testimony.  Anyway  the judge would now allow it,  but really there is no other way.

See what I'm getting at.  We need a volunteer to manage this project.  It will have to be done where there are a lot of you kids together.  For example,  a number of you from northern Virginia.   You could all meet at some appropriate location on a weekend and we could stage a Group session.  Of course the best time to do it is at the conference this sumer when we could have the most people avaiable for Group.  The project manager would see to it that a writer writes a script,  that several people are there with cameras to be camermen.  That camera angles are planned out and so forth.  Then a 30 minute - 60 minute session is taped.  The manager and his staff would then work to cull the individual film segments into one 5 - 10 minute segment alterantely form camera angles showing the Groups perspective and then the iindividual phasor being worked on.  This would be put on the internet as a streaming video.

Beyond this the project manager or another project manager would work on an hour long  documentary film.  This film would start with the 5 minute segment and then it would be presented much like my web page.  A  number of comments form professional people,  from writers,  from our netizens and their web pages and, of course,  testimonials from former students,  the gravemarkers and the grieving parents, siblings and friends.    We could sell this film for like $10 - $20 bucks and raise funds for our needs and also use it as a promotional for PTAs, the media, etc.  Who knows maybe make it on A&E.  

On one of my pages has a re-enactment of a chair restraint and also a floor restraint which was put on by Richard Bradbury and shown on local TV down in Florida.

I am very, very serious about this. We need a film to put on the web to help the world know what it is we are all so concerned about.  I can not do this.  I am working on a major update to my book based on interviews I have conducted with many of you over the last couple of months.  This is not going to happen unless somebody steps forwards and takes the job.

Thank you all,
Wes Fager
Oakton, Virginia
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »
es Fager
www.thestraights.com

\"If David Miscaviage can go to his deposition as Admiral Farragut, then Keith Henson can go as Bozo the Clown.\"  Wes Fager

Offline kaydeejaded

• View Profile
Let's make some videos
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2002, 10:26:00 PM »
Wes, You want to reinact the terror of a bomb squad?? 5-7 staff/phasers screaming at you in a small room like the infirmarys in Straight? Spitting on you, telling you what a piece of shit you are screaming in your face. I am not sure this is something that can be caught on tape. Also I am not sure what person you could get to do this. What if it gets out of control. What if someone goes off every bomb squad ended with someone being taken to the floor, is that how we end ours. Thinking about is makes my stomach churn. Thank God I am nowhere near Virgina.
or those who understand, no explanation is necessary; for those who don\'t, none will do

Offline Antigen

• View Profile
    • http://wwf.Fornits.com/
Let's make some videos
« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2002, 05:58:00 PM »
Yeah, those were my thoughts. It would be impossible for someone who hadn't been there and very difficult to relive for anyone who had been. But I think it's worth it. I'm game!
"Don\'t let the past remind us of what we are not now."
~ Crosby Stills Nash & Young, Sweet Judy Blue Eyes

Offline kaydeejaded

• View Profile
Let's make some videos
« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2002, 10:32:00 PM »
Ginger you are a real diehard! Brave girl. Do it up ! I was bombed almost weekly I will offer any fond recollections for you if needed. Though I doubt you have forgotten any of that shit. Fake spit please.
or those who understand, no explanation is necessary; for those who don\'t, none will do

Offline FaceKhan

• View Profile
Let's make some videos
« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2002, 01:21:00 AM »
I have a thought. If the goal is to try and make people who were not in a program (like me) understand via a video. Perhaps rather than having someone volunteer to relive being "Gamed" you could yell at the camera and then when you run it you could voice over, "Does this feel like therapy to you?" or "Are you feeling self-empowered right now? "etc.

I think that might put the viewer into the chair more effectively and with less spillover. This way the viewer is not concentrating on the person being yelled at but visualizing himself as that person.

[ This Message was edited by: FaceKhan on 2002-02-19 22:23 ]
All of the darkness of the world cannot put out the light of one small candle.\"

Offline kaydeejaded

• View Profile
Let's make some videos
« Reply #5 on: February 20, 2002, 01:02:00 PM »
Yes! Perfect I think that is a great idea. Less Camerawork and more effective to the veiwer. The main thing would be to make sure the idea of so many people screaming at you in such a closed trapped space is imparted to the veiwer. I have never even thought about doing any of this shit. I think it is about time, and lets use people like Face over here who are PTSD free :grin:

Offline misbehaver

• View Profile
Let's make some videos
« Reply #6 on: February 28, 2002, 02:03:00 PM »
I've given this "idea" some thought; here they are (don't take offense, cause I believe that you're really trying to help).

There is no fucking way I would subject anyone to the torment I endured in Straight.
I could not control my response to being spit upon or restrained. We're not kids anymore or pawns in some brutal exercise exhibiting what most people could NEVER contemplate.

Maybe you could hire actors, with actual clients advising how hard to strike, spit and cry? But,you will never be able to replicate the fear and desperation that many of us endured. To do so I consider exploitative and ill conceived. What do you want? 11 year old twins carving their bodies with sporks? This is not a military debrief, so I see no advantage to recount these episodes, since this operation is HISTORY. Until I dream...

Ya want video? Go to Kids Helping Kids in Cincinnati(old Straight facility) and infiltrate as a prospective parent of a "druggie". Ask to meet kids, then clandestinly attend an open meeting with a stealth digicam.

Finally, you will never be able to reproduce the 1000yrd stare of hopeless abandon that the "phasers" endured. Closest simulation I've found is war and a tune by Blue Oyster Cult "Veteran of the Psychic Wars".  Jason

Offline kaydeejaded

• View Profile
Let's make some videos
« Reply #7 on: March 01, 2002, 03:11:00 AM »
Jason, completely true and yes very awful but the fact is I could never even imagine what it was like in say Vietnam or a concentration camp with out movies. SAD TO SAY but true. Simple but it took $$$ hungry producers ect.... to enlighten me to what it was really like to be there and feel the terror. Yes!! don't spit on me but there are, like you said, actors or others, friends, family ect.... that are willing to subject themselves to "it". I am not one but if it will get the message out then do it. There are the blissful ignorants who may be swayed by this video presentation. Anything is worth saving another pair of 11 year old twins from carving in their arms with a spork. I feel you! I was there on the floor too! It is not for us to do over again, but we can try to stop it from happening again. Take care and I really understand your point.