Author Topic: another bad thing  (Read 3560 times)

Offline str8isabuse

• View Profile
another bad thing
« Reply #15 on: June 19, 2003, 09:16:00 PM »
in va in the early 80s we had to sit indian style for 2-3 hours in the carpet room for executive raps and also for girls' rap.  i remember usually being so crowded in together that my knees would be touching the knees of the people sitting at my sides, the rear end of the person in front of me was touching my shins, and my rear end was touching the shins of the person behind me.  talk about claustrophobia!  my hips hurt so badly from having to sit in indian style without moving for several hours.

does anyone remember lining up in st. pete to go home at night?  we would line up silently with our toes touching the heels of the person in front, and feeling the toes of the person behind us on our heels.  

how fucking therapeutic it was NOT.

don, i had the same problem with my legs on 5th phase from standing still all day and a good part of the night.  i had to flex my leg muscles a lot to relieve the discomfort.  the problem is that blood pools in your lower leg veins, and only muscular contraction could help return the blood to the heart, since gravity obviously wasn't on our side.  walking is fine, but standing for a long time is not.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »